O'Halloran

Gaz52

This isn't a knee-jerk reaction to our recent performances as I personally don't see any reason to get my fanny in a twist over a few irrelevant score lines. 

My honest assessment on O'Halloran is he doesn't look like he wants to be here, never once seen a smile on his face whilst playing for us, he can't beat the first man with a cross and his finishing has been woeful. 

He was doing the damage with St Johnstone in the SPL no problem at all. Is it a case of he can't fit in with our style of play? As St Johnstone don't play anything like we do. Does he just genuinely not want to be here? (I don't believe that personally) or is he struggling to cope with the pressure of playing for Rangers?

I was buzzing when we signed up but these first 4 months or so he's been a let down, I hope we see the best out of him next season or its £500k down the drain. 

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could probably find a very similar thread about how average Forrester looked as well.

He hasn't been given an extended run in the team and IMO he was bought for our return to the top league when teams would be sitting in less. There's no doubt he's far more comfortable with space in front to run into.

Agreed his finishing has been awful, suspect that's due to a lack of confidence.

Why would he sign if he didn't want to be here? It's a stupid view to hold.

I wasn't convinced when we were trying to sign him. He came from a counter attack system that suited him better, but MW clearly rates him hence the transfer saga and 4 year contract. His pace is an asset and he offers something different. The problem is we don't adapt to a style that suits him due to our focus on possession.

Players adjust at different levels and it's ridiculous to write him off after a few months. I suspect most people with an issue with him is based solely on his family.

Give the guy a chance,  in Warbs we trust remember,  I was sceptical about signing forrester and he has proved worthy up to now.

I know people will argue they both have had the same time to settle in but harry has managed to get a decent run of games to claim a position, unfortunately for moh it has all been a bit stop start because of our options up top and being cup tied.

I have faith he will come good but it will be next season before we see it.

18 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

This isn't a knee-jerk reaction to our recent performances as I personally don't see any reason to get my fanny in a twist over a few irrelevant score lines. 

My honest assessment on O'Halloran is he doesn't look like he wants to be here, never once seen a smile on his face whilst playing for us, he can't beat the first man with a cross and his finishing has been woeful. 

He was doing the damage with St Johnstone in the SPL no problem at all. Is it a case of he can't fit in with our style of play? As St Johnstone don't play anything like we do. Does he just genuinely not want to be here? (I don't believe that personally) or is he struggling to cope with the pressure of playing for Rangers?

I was buzzing when we signed up but these first 4 months or so he's been a let down, I hope we see the best out of him next season or its £500k down the drain. 

He looks like an outsider but fair dos last night .He was up for doing interviews after a defeat .Needs a proper run 

3 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Wait this is a David Templeton thread?

Sadly not just the daily O'Halloran bashing.

which doesn't bother me that much but there's plenty of threads to put your contribution in rather than yet another starting.

Think this should be locked there is a 5 pager which was started last night