O'Halloran

Gaz52

9 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

I think you're talking more shit than 10 arses.

People are judging him on the performances he's gave us so far which for the most part have been subpar.

Think you miss read my post, I agree he has been poor and think he is getting off lightly with the criticism.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still think the boy hasn't had time to settle and he might be struggling to adapt to playing possession type football rather than haring after big punts up the park. That will be coached out of him by W+W and the rest of the coaching staff of that I have no doubts. As for not smiling there could be loads of reasons and it might be he is just a serious kind of kid. We don't know if the tarriers in his life are giving him grief.

Packed defenses leave him nowhere to run into. Unlike Waghorn , he cant turn inside and have a blast with the left peg, so always seeks to hit the byline and cross - and against a packed defence the cross has to be inch perfect.  Hopefully that will change next season a bit, which should leave him space to exploit his pace and he can get a bit more one on one situations rather than looking up and finding there is 3 defenders in front of you.

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

Packed defenses leave him nowhere to run into. Unlike Waghorn , he cant turn inside and have a blast with the left peg, so always seeks to hit the byline and cross - and against a packed defence the cross has to be inch perfect.  Hopefully that will change next season a bit, which should leave him space to exploit his pace and he can get a bit more one on one situations rather than looking up and finding there is 3 defenders in front of you.

Good post

3 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Agreed, but don't think teams next season are going to set up any differently than teams this season, though. 

17 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

This isn't a knee-jerk reaction to our recent performances as I personally don't see any reason to get my fanny in a twist over a few irrelevant score lines. 

My honest assessment on O'Halloran is he doesn't look like he wants to be here, never once seen a smile on his face whilst playing for us, he can't beat the first man with a cross and his finishing has been woeful. 

He was doing the damage with St Johnstone in the SPL no problem at all. Is it a case of he can't fit in with our style of play? As St Johnstone don't play anything like we do. Does he just genuinely not want to be here? (I don't believe that personally) or is he struggling to cope with the pressure of playing for Rangers?

I was buzzing when we signed up but these first 4 months or so he's been a let down, I hope we see the best out of him next season or its £500k down the drain. 

Looks well pissed-off here, I must admit....

OSkhYLJ.png

14 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Try google genius , his whole family support the beasts .Or do you need me to post a few articles for you ?

quoting an internet search engine as evidence is not really substantive tbf, otherwise we would be a brand new club and Freddy Starr would have indeed ate that Hamster.

Thing is -  MOH plays for the greatest club in the world and we should give the young lad all the support and encouragement we can - he is only 25yrs old and the weight on his shoulders playing for such a huge club must be unbearable at times.

If you think his family have anything to do with his form, you sir are deluded.

3 minutes ago, WGOH said:

Agreed, but don't think teams next season are going to set up any differently than teams this season, though. 

most teams will be more attack minded than Alloa, Dumbarton and livingston. I think the top 6 teams in the Premiership will fancy their chances against us- at least at home.

Just now, cushynumber said:

most teams will be more attack minded than Alloa, Dumbarton and livingston. I think the top 6 teams in the Premiership will fancy their chances against us- at least at home.

Yes, of course they will, but I think the way we play forces teams to gradually sit deeper and try to force the counter attack. But, I agree, MOH will be an asset at places like Pittodrie and the Piggery, etc. 

I was hugely critical of him after the Hibs game, rightly so I thought him and the team offered next to nothing. 

However at Livi I thought he was a bit more vocal when he didn't recieve the ball and was always on the move. He had a couple of good chances and was unlucky. 

The thing he really needs work with is the final ball. Zelalem gets a lot of stick on here but the one time he went down the wing he had the awareness to chip the ball at ankle height into the box. Anytime MoH gets down the wing it's constantly played across the ground and never beats the first man. At livi it was a simple 5 yard pass to Miller in the six yard box and he still couldn't pick him out.

His strength and pace are his major assets though and it seems to be taking him a bit of time to gel into the squad. I think hes one of the most quietest players in the dressing room and he might be struggling with that.

19 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Well said.  He will come into his own when we are playing more attacking teams like the Abo's and Hertz where things open up and we have a few counter attacks of our own. Watchd the last Hearts v Aberdeen game, my brothers a Jambo and he watches all the Rangers games with me and the game was wide open and end to end where MOH would thrive with his pace.

40 minutes ago, BlueBeard said:

Think you miss read my post, I agree he has been poor and think he is getting off lightly with the criticism.

Getting off lightly? He's literally the new scapegoat

There's twos topics in the same page both criticising him, and it's becoming a weekly occurrence

17 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

So was Maurice Johnston, he turned out okay.  Or do you despise him as well?   

Just to mention out of interest mate; surely Mo Johnston became a Rangers supporter - even when he visited from Canada recently, he visited Ibrox to meet all his friends and he never went to the midden.

10 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Getting off lightly? He's literally the new scapegoat

There's twos topics in the same page both criticising him, and it's becoming a weekly occurrence

Maybe because he's been poor on a weekly basis.

2 hours ago, sassaaaa said:

Amazing the amount of supposed fans on this forum what defend tarriers time after time.

I think you will find it's about supporting a Rangers player not defending a tarrier. I will be first to jump out my seat when he bangs the winner in against that lot next season, you I'm afraid will be sitting on your hands with a raging face...

He isn't uninterested, he's a quiet guy who just looks like that, he's well known where I'm from so won't be judging him on that. 

I trust the gaffer, he's always getting it right and I've no doubt he will with MOH too, just give the guy time and stop simply getting on his back because of family who support them, a lot of his pals (people I know) do also, it makes no difference, he's professionally motivated and that's evident in him signing for us. 

Many were wrong with Forrester, hell we had plenty threads on Waggy also, time to maybe just let someone settle?