Scottish Cup Final Ticket Prices

rfc1990

2 hours ago, AlBear85 said:

Were Peterhead in any danger of selling 20,000 tickets? 

So is the Peterhead one tbf.

I'm not trying to suggest peterhead are capable of anything like that, and I understand the 50/50 split and yes it's annoying that loyal bears miss out for glory hunting hibs fans but themselves the breaks as they say. All I was trying to do was reason as to why people are outraged at this split.

I saw a stat earlier, and I don't know how accurate it is, that hibs average attendance this season is 45% of their capacity whereas ours is 88%. And judging by their pathetic showing at the semi final I don't believe that they should have got a 50/50 split

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Paul Le Guen said:

Think 21000 is to many tickets for us, as a new club id expect at most 12000 odd. 

Cant wait for our first ever proper final, ill be there with my union jack WATP GBTQ RFC4LYF

Hahaha fs, probably the worst attempt ever tbh - at least try

15 minutes ago, Paul Le Guen said:

Think 21000 is to many tickets for us, as a new club id expect at most 12000 odd. 

Cant wait for our first ever proper final, ill be there with my union jack WATP GBTQ RFC4LYF

:lol:  out you go declan.   Your team didn't make a final this year :lol:   cunt.

30 minutes ago, delparlane said:

Anyone know if this will be on RTV (for those of us Stateside)? Didn't see it listed and will be ever so slightly raging if they dont carry it.

Pretty sure RTV had the semi so do not see why not mate

43 minutes ago, Paul Le Guen said:

You forgot BJK - now fuck off smelly.

3 hours ago, ThatNightInFlorence said:

No because Peterhead would never have sold them.

If a team can sell half the tickets at a final they're entitled to it.

If we played Barca in a European final we would expect 50% of the allocation even though their attendances are a lot higher than ours.

Our average attendance of over 44,000 would justify a 50% allocation for a final in any stadium in Europe.

9 hours ago, AlBear85 said:

I'm not really sure how people are outraged at a cup final being a 50/50 split. 

This is a chance for the people that support their team on a week by week basis, to see their team in a showpiece final. Rangers average 45 000+ every home game, with over 35 000 ST holders. Hibs average 8 000, every other Saturday, an average that is boosted by 2 visits from Rangers a season bringing 4 000+ fans each time. Their ST holders could probably get 2 or 3 tickets each, yet our loyal ST holders will be lucky if they get ONE ticket. That is why people are outraged. If these diddy clubs want a 50/50 split,  in cup finals, they should fill their stadiums every other weekend.

11 hours ago, gogzy said:

:lol:  out you go declan.   Your team didn't make a final this year :lol:   cunt.

I honestly couldn't be arsed going on another teams forum man :lol: what even is the point, spending your own time reading through all there guff for the perfect time to insert my genius troll. Mentalists

A national final will never be based on average league attendance. Whether right or wrong, that's just fact. Can't be seen to favour the big teams.

That said, I would bring in a rule for next season - make it abundantly clear from the outset that if you don't sell your semi final allocation, you won't get more tickets for the final. So if Hivs only sold 13,000 for the semi, that's their whack for the final. 

At worst it would stop our half full semi finals looking a fucking laughing stock on national TV. You'd definitely still get glory hunters going, but might stop wee Auntie Jeannie just coming along for a day out on May 21st. 

13 hours ago, gogzy said:

Aw FFS you could have least have kept him captive for a wee while longer so we could poke him with sticks, throw stones at him and blow his arms off with fireworks.

:cool:

2 minutes ago, rfc1990 said:

What we thinking, emails early next week and payment by the end of the week?

Emails for the ballot are out next week, so would imagine CCCS emails will be out before. 

9 minutes ago, TheBluebells said:

Got a ticket for the semi but hopeful I fall into some luck and get a ticket for this. 

£35 for some tickets is joke though. 

Why? It's a final of a cup. I don't see the problem with that price.

22 hours ago, ThatNightInFlorence said:

No because Peterhead would never have sold them.

If a team can sell half the tickets at a final they're entitled to it.

If we played Barca in a European final we would expect 50% of the allocation even though their attendances are a lot higher than ours.

I don't think that's s good comparison .Hivs sell fuck all tickets in big games previously .Clubs like Barca and Rangers sell out stadiums historically .I can not agree that Hivs deserve a mark up of around 30% than they should be receiving .If Hivs had got around 14,000 and ourself 28,000 ,it would have been absolutely fairer and deserved .

23 hours ago, Fabric said:

Sold out coz its rangers they are playing. It's s disgrace that they average 8000 at home and had an embarrassing semi final turn out but get 22000, 10000 they should get and then 12000 loyal beats wouldn't be missing out. I said before if ur a ST holder at a Scottish club then u should automatically get a ticket to any game involving ur club at the national stadium. Fuckin joke 

Okkkaaaaayyyy. Sold out v Celtic in 2001 (50/50). Sold out v Hearts in 2012 (50/50). Sold out v Celtic 2013 (50/50). Took 37,000 againist Livi 2004. Took 35,000 v Killie 2007. Took 30,000 against Ross County last month. 

With regards to your last point about all season ticket holders deserving one - where do you play future The Rangers v Celtic matches? Wembley? Camp Nou? Maracana? :crywank:

23 hours ago, weshallnotbemoved! said:

If we were still winning well they wouldn't sell their allocation. Now we have had a few poor results they will be smelling blood and more will turn up.

See above.

23 hours ago, Fabric said:

Shite talk mate either that or ur trying to take the piss. Sold out because it's us  and they want to see them beat us that's the sole reason. If they had been playing say Aberdeen in the final they wouldn't have sold out. 

See above.

23 hours ago, Coplandbear11 said:

How much of their 20,000 allocation did they take up when they played the Bheggars in the 2013 final? Anyone know ?

100% obviously. 

21 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

They may have the demand, but, do they deserve it? 

The only teams in Scotland that should maybe get 50/50 with us and Celtic are Hearts and the Sheep imo.

Aberdeen? We've had the worst 5 years in our history, they've had the best 3 seasons in there's since the 80s and they're averaging about 3k more than us?

19 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Slow the eff doon, you beat me to that.   What happens when the hivees don't sell all their allocation?  

Would end up in a) empty seats or b) fans not being segregated, whereas with some thought and planning the allocation could have been proportioned and included segregation.

So unlike the SFA to get it wrong. 

Not a chance we'll not sell out.

19 hours ago, Londonderry_Bear said:

I'm not trying to suggest peterhead are capable of anything like that, and I understand the 50/50 split and yes it's annoying that loyal bears miss out for glory hunting hibs fans but themselves the breaks as they say. All I was trying to do was reason as to why people are outraged at this split.

I saw a stat earlier, and I don't know how accurate it is, that hibs average attendance this season is 45% of their capacity whereas ours is 88%. And judging by their pathetic showing at the semi final I don't believe that they should have got a 50/50 split

13k Hibs against Dundee Utd. Thats all our season ticket holders plus another 5k.

12 hours ago, Thewhitesettler said:

This is a chance for the people that support their team on a week by week basis, to see their team in a showpiece final. Rangers average 45 000+ every home game, with over 35 000 ST holders. Hibs average 8 000, every other Saturday, an average that is boosted by 2 visits from Rangers a season bringing 4 000+ fans each time. Their ST holders could probably get 2 or 3 tickets each, yet our loyal ST holders will be lucky if they get ONE ticket. That is why people are outraged. If these diddy clubs want a 50/50 split,  in cup finals, they should fill their stadiums every other weekend.

LOL.

Rangers average this season: 44k
Ibrox stadium capacity: 51k.

You not see the obvious mistake :D

4 minutes ago, SaltnSauce said:

Okkkaaaaayyyy. Sold out v Celtic in 2001 (50/50). Sold out v Hearts in 2012 (50/50). Sold out v Celtic 2013 (50/50). Took 37,000 againist Livi 2004. Took 35,000 v Killie 2007. Took 30,000 against Ross County last month. 

With regards to your last point about all season ticket holders deserving one - where do you play future The Rangers v Celtic matches? Wembley? Camp Nou? Maracana? :crywank:

See above.

See above.

100% obviously. 

Aberdeen? We've had the worst 5 years in our history, they've had the best 3 seasons in there's since the 80s and they're averaging about 3k more than us?

Not a chance we'll not sell out.

13k Hibs against Dundee Utd. Thats all our season ticket holders plus another 5k.

LOL.

Rangers average this season: 44k
Ibrox stadium capacity: 51k.

You not see the obvious mistake :D

Fuck off and inject a dirty needle in your arm ya junkie fenian bastard.

It's actually vinegar btw.