Fav Murals

On 28/04/2016 at 9:35 AM, Sam English Loyal said:

I just tend to avoid belfast altogether. I can do without Syrian pickpockets, loud big women in their pyjamas, feral weans and Roma gypsies trying to sell me the Big Issue.

And all the t**gs in their GAA hoodies who think they own the place.

Not a GAA fan? :lol:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, North Antrim Bear said:

Loads of the Loyalist ones are a fucking embarrassment, painted by young, wannabe hard men. As you say, however, the Coleraine one is a beezer. 

Haven't all the paramilitary murals been painted over now? I got the impression from that documentary there was £3 million given towards making them more community focussed, they did say occasionally paramilitary ones popped up.

2 minutes ago, jim white's a bear said:

Haven't all the paramilitary murals been painted over now? I got the impression from that documentary there was £3 million given towards making them more community focussed, they did say occasionally paramilitary ones popped up.

Not sure. Last time I was in Bangor there was definitely still a UFF one.

For me what was clear (again from that documentary) was how poor the unionist community were at politicising their effort; the nationalists had them beat and still do to this day. The nationalists used imagery with the aim of garnering sympathy from other human rights issues across the world, which they more or less got.