Double Standards Article Scot Symon

minstral

30 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

If Mark Warburton achieves half of what Scot Symon did there will be a lot of very happy Bears.

After reading this, “In recent weeks Symon has been showing splendid form for Rangers. A stylist if ever there was one, he has splendid ball control, and he makes a feature of ground passing…he delights in forcing on the play.” My thoughts were he would definitely have been in Mr Warburton's team.

Thanks for posting Minstral was a good read that :541:

Superb. Scot Symon was very close to being the greatest manager we've ever had. Had Slim Jim not broken his leg we might have been champions of Europe in 65. Could well have been league champions in 66, with another crack at the European cup in 67. 

I'm convinced that had he been kept on there would've been no 9IAR for the bheasts. 

30 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Good read - Andy Goram also played cricket for Scotland ( wicket keeper) before having to choose 

Walter Smith basically told Goram to give up cricket or he wasn't playing for Rangers, Still plays the occasional game now and then.

Great post Minstral, and it shows the true talents of a quiet dignified man who was as hard as granite, straight as a die, and as blue as the sky.

He also had an eye for a player, as in his best ever signings amongst other "good yins", of Greig and Baxter.

:uk:

Minstral, classic post.  

This bit however stuck out and not in a positive way.

Astonishingly, although the Rangers’ ‘Hall of Fame’ was established in 2000 and 89 former players have been inducted, Scot Symon is not one of them

immediately I thought, oh perhaps it's quite an old article but sadly it is not.  I had a quick look through the official website and the great man is still not there.  Shame on Rangers, he should have been one of the first names in there, time for Rangers to get this corrected, NOW.

I recall as a young kid of aound 6 meeting Mr. Symon and him showing me around the trophy room etc., I recall him as a grand fatherly figure and a really kindly gentleman.

Two eras apart but what would have happened in two different decades had Baxter not broken his leg and Mols not damaged his knee.  Guess some things are not meant to be.

James Scotland Symon, Rangers legend.

Ps If you are reading this Keith, please have a word with your pal Mini and get it sorted.

2 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Minstral, classic post.  

Astonishingly, although the Rangers’ ‘Hall of Fame’ was established in 2000 and 89 former players have been inducted, Scot Symon is not one of them

immediately I thought, oh perhaps it's qun old article but sadly it is not.  Ieven had a quick look through the official website and the great man is still not there.  Shame on Rangers, he should have been one of the first names in there, time for Rangers to get this corrected, NOW.

I recall as a young kid of aound 6 meeting Mr. Symon and him showing me around the trophy room etc., I recall him as a grand fatherly figure and a really kindly gentleman.

Two eras apart but what would have happened in two different decades had Baxter not broken his leg and Mols not damaged his knee.  Guess some things are not meant to be.

Hopefully moves can be made to clear this up the next time nominations for the HOF come up . I would like to think this was just an oversight and not a deliberate snub . I have read that he only went back to Ibrox once after his dismissal , either the centenary game v Arsenal or a game v Moscow dynamo 1970 , 

3 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Minstral, classic post.  

immediately I thought, oh perhaps it's quite an old article but sadly it is not.  I had a quick look through the official website and the great man is still not there.  Shame on Rangers, he should have been one of the first names in there, time for Rangers to get this corrected, NOW.

Ps If you are reading this Keith, please have a word with your pal Mini and get it sorted.

Agree mate, it is shocking that MR Symon is not in the hall of fame.