Steven Thompson (ex player)

G.E.C.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As many have said seems like a decent guy but what stands out for me is could never really be given the abuse that many other, arguably more skilled footballers, have not. The first thing that was told to me when I played, not at that level obviously, was you must always give everything towards your performance. All football fans will not forgive but at least see that if a player gives his all as he did you cannot ask more.

Hopfully we beat them sunday and he gets clapped off the park.

Remember being out with my mate and charlie miller turned up with his mate thomo, got chatting to tomo who said he wasnt a footballer. Seemed a decent guy and signed for us not long after, seemed like he didnt want the attention of being a footballer

2 hours ago, scottyscott1963 said:

You know your getting older when players as young as Stevie T are retiring from footie. Hope you get a plum job away from that rats nest at bbc Scotland. Well done big stuff.

I've started tae feel old now that people younger/the same age as me are playing for our first team :lol: 

Was never the worlds most skilful player but what he lacked in that certainly made up in effort which made him a very handy player for us but always seemed to get a rough time of it. Scored to help in giving us title number 50 vs Dunfermline and was on the bench for helicopter Sunday. Thanks for the memories big yin enjoy your well earned rest.

13 hours ago, Ferris Bueller said:

Am i right in saying he was one of the lucky ones who was part of helicopter sunday?

He also scored a goal v Dunfermline that clinched a championship. 

3 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

That was Arteta.

41 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

We were already one goal ahead on GD before Arteta stepped up. Thommohawk won us it.

Actually we had the same goal difference but had scored more than them.  Pedantic loyal. ;)   Arteta's penalty put us a goal ahead on goal difference but wasn't required to win the league.

1 hour ago, Briton said:

Actually we had the same goal difference but had scored more than them.  Pedantic loyal. ;)   Arteta's penalty put us a goal ahead on goal difference but wasn't required to win the league.

Am I right thinking had both teams had the same goal difference there would be a one off game at Hampden to crown the league winners?