TMB

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Sam English Loyal said:

I agree with everything MW has said. Except where he talks about players not being greedy. 

If I was earning £250 a week here in NI and someone offered me £750 to work in England, yes I would jump at the chance. However, if I was earning £9,000 a week then surely that is more than enough to provide for myself and my family, even if I'm only going to be earning that wage for a few years. Who really needs £20 or £25k a week? Getting that sort of money borders on the obscene and those who are taking that kind of wages are greedy. No other word for it. 

If its the going rate, its not greed . Its just market forces. As MW says nobody will turn down that kind of hike in income.

Where greed comes in for me, is if the club makes a good offer to a player  - say £10K a week - and he moves to a smaller club in the Championship with no hope of winning anything for £11K or £12K a week. Because while footballers have to keep their families in food etc, they also have a career - and surely the better career choice is playing for Rangers in front of 50K at Ibrox and potentially europe, rather than taking an extra couple of grand and going to Reading or Blackburn or Notts Forest and your soul being destroyed playing for a club that will achieve nothing and go nowhere in front of half empty stadia?

In that scenario taking the extra couple of grand and saying "I am a professional, and go where the money is"  is greed (mixed with a dose of stupidity). This is particularly true if the person is supposed to be a Rangers supporter - why turn your back on playing for your boyhood heroes for a couple off grand a week?

7 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

That's money that will be used to strengthen the squad.  We already have a solid foundation (see image attached) on which to build. 

Formation.JPG

We'll also have Bell, Halliday, MOH, Jordan Thomson, etc.  I think we're in a good position.

(EDIT: I put McKay through the middle by accident but you get the point)

One complaint here - can we not have an orange pitch?

We need imo:

centre half

fullback (cover)

defensive mid

centre mid

wide forward

centre forward

- I think we need a lead the line frontman with an aye for a goal, a playmaker and a secondary scorer (either can be centre mid or wide forward) 

and the defensive side speaks for itself. 

I think we need to add a bit of height for defending set plays (crooks is a good step for that though at 6'5") but they need to fit the player profile. 

There's no doubt that the mhedia negativity about Rangers is a deliberate ploy but neutrals don't ask the important question ie where is the evidence for the said negativity?

Scottish 'journo' and rhabid Tim,Hugh Jordon,is going around telling anyone who'll listen,'Rangers could be dead by this time next year',yet he is never asked for his reasoning/proof.(td)

Totally agree with Warburton there. 

While part of me is disappointed that we are not at the top transfer table (who is though really), I really like our strategy of developing players and potentially selling them on for large profit for us. Hungry players who work hard to improve and play, not prima donnas who are overplayed, lazy and throw tantrums if they don't play. Refusing to pay over the odds and risk the stability of the club is so refreshing and good to see. If people hear Rangers are interested and don't want to come up the road then quite frankly they know nothing about football and are not the sort of player we want. 

8 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Is forrester still injured?  Two new guys straight into the team yet I doubt you've seen them play.

Best starting eleven wasn't the point of the post.  I was simply stating that we have a good squad on which to build.

MW brings a sense of realism and pragmatism to his pronouncements that is hard to argue with. Others within the club should, however, be doing more to challenge the perception of our club in the media and football circles. MW and the team have certainly done their part on the field but negative stories and comments should be challenged more vigorously otherwise the perceived impression becomes an accepted truth. The responsibility for that surely lies at boardroom level, it must be within their remit to present all the aid to the manager and his team that they can, so battling these perceptions to ease his recruitment problems would appear to be a no-brainer.

Need strength in depth. Rarely this season has a sub been better than the player he replaced.

Huge task to recruit but don't under estimate the lure of Rangers, playing in front of 50000, playing the bheggars, playing in Europe, our facilities etc. Short term pain financially here for long term gain if players do a good job and move on.

54 minutes ago, reallyruff said:

MW brings a sense of realism and pragmatism to his pronouncements that is hard to argue with. Others within the club should, however, be doing more to challenge the perception of our club in the media and football circles. MW and the team have certainly done their part on the field but negative stories and comments should be challenged more vigorously otherwise the perceived impression becomes an accepted truth. The responsibility for that surely lies at boardroom level, it must be within their remit to present all the aid to the manager and his team that they can, so battling these perceptions to ease his recruitment problems would appear to be a no-brainer.

But the board are too busy building bridges.

8 hours ago, Sam English Loyal said:

I agree with everything MW has said. Except where he talks about players not being greedy. 

If I was earning £250 a week here in NI and someone offered me £750 to work in England, yes I would jump at the chance. However, if I was earning £9,000 a week then surely that is more than enough to provide for myself and my family, even if I'm only going to be earning that wage for a few years. Who really needs £20 or £25k a week? Getting that sort of money borders on the obscene and those who are taking that kind of wages are greedy. No other word for it. 

It's a short career at the top for some players so they grab any chance to load up when the offer comes.

11 minutes ago, Zappa6995 said:

Nothing wrong with a 6' 4" centre half or a 6' 5" centre forward.

I agree.  I think he means not signing height for heights sake.  MON did that for Celtic with cunts like Balde and it's a mistake.

6 hours ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

I'm sure there are plenty of young players who want to play for 'alleged crisis Rangers', it's up to this board to make sure there is cash in the bank to sign them, no excuses !:sherlock:

Someone has escaped from the Boredroom section. 

They will notice you're missing during their hourly head count and send Ashley's tanks round.

55 minutes ago, True Azure said:

It's a short career at the top for some players so they grab any chance to load up when the offer comes.

It is. My point is that when you're on the sort of money that modern players earn when is enough enough? Surely a player should be considering other factors as well? £8,000 a week starting every week for Rangers, winning things and playing in Europe  (or will be very again soon), or £15,000 a week to warm the bench at Middlesbrough, Brighton or Derby County. I know what I'd do. And I'd still be banking over £350k per annum. That's about £330,000 more than most of us get a year. Even if you were only earning that for 3-4 years, you'd still be a damned near a millionaire. 

2 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I think I did say that.

squad.JPG

Still dont get why Forrester and Halliday were not part of your 'solid foundation.   But hey this could go round in circles.

Looking forward to seeing who MW brings in AND who the newspapers link us with

58 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Someone has escaped from the Boredroom section. 

They will notice you're missing during their hourly head count and send Ashley's tanks round.

Fuck ashley and fuck the boredroom section, full of barrack room lawyers and accountants who contribute fuck all but division for profit within the Rangers family. Dave King? Season ticket holders have until 3rd of June to weigh in their season money ! How about you doing the same thing and contribute before then? Go for it Boss and show them it's not bluff! W.A.T.P. ! (tu):sherlock:

14 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Still dont get why Forrester and Halliday were not part of your 'solid foundation.   But hey this could go round in circles.

Looking forward to seeing who MW brings in AND who the newspapers link us with

I did write Halliday's name.  Here I'll highlight that part for you as well:

Red.JPG

I forgot to write Forrester's name but it just further proves my point that we have strong foundation on which to build for next season.  If you want to discuss our strongest starting eleven then you should make a thread about that and I'll be happy to chip in.

1 hour ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I did write Halliday's name.  Here I'll highlight that part for you as well:

Red.JPG

I forgot to write Forrester's name but it just further proves my point that we have strong foundation on which to build for next season.  If you want to discuss our strongest starting eleven then you should make a thread about that and I'll be happy to chip in.

No one knows what our strongest 11 will be we've still about 6/7 players to come in during the window.

48 minutes ago, cumnockbear said:

No one knows what our strongest 11 will be we've still about 6/7 players to come in during the window.

I completely agree.  The point I made was that we have a strong foundation on which to build for next season.  I feel I have been very clear on this point. 

Some are throwing the toys out the pram because I didn't put their little bum boy Halliday in a starting eleven.  Get a fucking grip.  I'm certain he'll be a squad player for us next season anyway.