Cup final ballot it's official

WATP84JRL

I wonder if Hibs have to go through the same procedure as Rangers are with tickets? 

No of course they're not! All of their ST holders can get a ticket or two, or three each, whilst Rangers fans, who've been to every game this season, including cup games, could miss out, that is NOT right.

The ticket allocation for the final should be based on your average home attendances, or how many ST holders each club have, making sure that those fans that go to the games, in all weathers, don't miss out. 

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, falwheel said:

In the house watching on TV loyal.  I know I was fortunate to receive ticket for the semi final and I will cherish the memories of that day forever.  I only hope that those few fans who are successful in the Ballot enjoy the day the same as I did. ???

This is exactly how I feel about it.

6 hours ago, Willis said:

Same as u I'm on CCCS. But the way this has been handled is a fuckin joke

And your ok with loyal fans missing both games??

At least doing it this way the club know they will minimise the number of people who miss both.

It's not punishing, it's sharing opportunities wider. Fans are short sighted and only think of their own cause, but I'd much rather have 16k season ticket holder get the chance over both games than say 10k getting both and only 6k going once. 

13 hours ago, ianferguson said:

Your plan could could mean a fan gets to 5 cup games in a row while his m8 misses out 5 times in a row,but you see that as fair ! The club are obviously trying to apply some sort of fairness to this problem while you prefer luck. Either way the club are not "absolutely wrong" , it's just a matter of opinion. 

See if 'a fan' gets 5 final tickets in a row that is absolutely fine with me. It probably isn't fair but if that fan had just as much chance of getting tickets for the semis as much as the finals then that's just fucking life.  It may not be fair on some who missed out twice but it's the luck of the draw,at least everyone had an equal  chance. I don't see how anyone can dispute this. At the end of the day all I want is parity amongst fellow fans. I don't care how it's dressed up,excluding people from ballots just isn't on,its akin to something the tarriers would do. It's wrong.

The only people I really see against this  are people who missed out in the semi ballot and now cut about with that same sense of self entitlement people had when the semi was announced and we had people telling us how they had travelled 15 miles each way in the howling wind and rain against the mighty cowdenbeath so they pyoor deserved a ticket. 

It doesn't work like that. Everyone gets an equal chance irregardless of luck in previous rounds. Straying from that is fucking bullshit and something that better not become compulsory.

6 hours ago, Willis said:

Same as u I'm on CCCS. But the way this has been handled is a fuckin joke

It's just fucking wrong mate. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth,could have been handled so much better imo.

1 hour ago, Sket said:

See if 'a fan' gets 5 final tickets in a row that is absolutely fine with me. It probably isn't fair but if that fan had just as much chance of getting tickets for the semis as much as the finals then that's just fucking life.  It may not be fair on some who missed out twice but it's the luck of the draw,at least everyone had an equal  chance. I don't see how anyone can dispute this. At the end of the day all I want is parity amongst fellow fans. I don't care how it's dressed up,excluding people from ballots just isn't on,its akin to something the tarriers would do. It's wrong.

The only people I really see against this  are people who missed out in the semi ballot and now cut about with that same sense of self entitlement people had when the semi was announced and we had people telling us how they had travelled 15 miles each way in the howling wind and rain against the mighty cowdenbeath so they pyoor deserved a ticket. 

It doesn't work like that. Everyone gets an equal chance irregardless of luck in previous rounds. Straying from that is fucking bullshit and something that better not become compulsory.

Nail on the head right there. 

On CCCS anyway but being punished for being lucky is ridiculous

31 minutes ago, Sket said:

What about them? Are they more special? 

No they are not but why should a normal loyal fan miss out twice and another go twice. 

Morally rangers are correct, more people over two games is far better than having a majority going twice. 

Also, it's renewal time, rangers know some loyal fans will question going back if they attended all season and miss out on semi and final. 

It is the correct thing to do. Pretty sure many who missed semi would rather have been there than going to see hibs again!!

1 minute ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

No they are not but why should a normal loyal fan miss out twice and another go twice. 

Morally rangers are correct, more people over two games is far better than having a majority going twice. 

Also, it's renewal time, rangers know some loyal fans will question going back if they attended all season and miss out on semi and final. 

It is the correct thing to do. Pretty sure many who missed semi would rather have been there than going to see hibs again!!

It's not the correct thing to do,I've told you this at least 3 times now.  I respect your right to an opinion but you are absolutely wrong.

Just now, Sket said:

It's not the correct thing to do,I've told you this at least 3 times now.  I respect your right to an opinion but you are absolutely wrong.

That's democracy sket, you have one opinion, I have another, both valid. Just need to agree to disagree mate. 

I see both sides but feel it is correct. 

After seeing people buying 1/2 season tickets and getting a ticket in ballot for Manchester, this is a huge step in right direction by the club. 

This happened on my bus and two guys of over 25 years support each didn't get a sniff, that's why I see it as progress. 

2 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Fans are short sighted and only think of their own cause, but I'd much rather have 16k season ticket holder get the chance over both games than say 10k getting both and only 6k going once. 

That is ironically amazing. You have outdone yourself there. Well done :lol:

5 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

That's democracy sket, you have one opinion, I have another, both valid. Just need to agree to disagree mate. 

I see both sides but feel it is correct. 

After seeing people buying 1/2 season tickets and getting a ticket in ballot for Manchester, this is a huge step in right direction by the club. 

This happened on my bus and two guys of over 25 years support each didn't get a sniff, that's why I see it as progress. 

I didn't get a ticket for Manchester and rarely missed a game all season. Didn't mean I was any more entitled to a ticket than the 3 or 4 guts on our bus down who had a ticket and hadn't been to a solitary game all season. 

18 hours ago, SoldierBlue1 said:

Do RSCs and busses get a allocation for semis and final??

Aye,they're sorted first along with cccs. Think A+ got 10 or thereabouts for the semi.

Our bus had spares,believe it or not 

4 minutes ago, Sket said:

I didn't get a ticket for Manchester and rarely missed a game all season. Didn't mean I was any more entitled to a ticket than the 3 or 4 guts on our bus down who had a ticket and hadn't been to a solitary game all season. 

Yes it does, if you missed out and people who hadn't been to a game got a ticket then that is 100% immoral.

Loyal fans deserve to be at matches, not glory hunters.

8 minutes ago, Sket said:

Yes it does

Loyal fans deserve to be at matches, not glory hunters.

:lol:

Surely then it's not fair that thousands of loyal fans have been effectively banned from getting a fair chance at a ticket to a match which,by your own admission,they deserve to be at? No?

3 minutes ago, Sket said:

:lol:

Surely then it's not fair that thousands of loyal fans have been effectively banned from getting a fair chance at a ticket to a match which,by your own admission,they deserve to be at? No?

No 100% not, that's my point the tickets should be shared between the loyal fans as they are being. 

That's correct. Fans who aren't season ticket holders (glory hunters) shouldn't be near them. 

No 100% not, that's my point the tickets should be shared between the loyal fans as they are being. 

Fucking hell man. Are you winding me up? :lol:

How are tickets being shared among loyal fans if half of those loyal fans don't have the chance of getting a ticket?

30 minutes ago, Sket said:

Fucking hell man. Are you winding me up? :lol:

How are tickets being shared among loyal fans if half of those loyal fans don't have the chance of getting a ticket?

Because those fans attended the biggest game of the season. 

Now its the turn of the other loyal fans who missed out. 

Get over it, it's happening. 

I think this is a terrible idea

The ballot for the SemiFinal included EVERY season ticket holder, so we all had a chance at getting a ticket (I was lucky & did get one) why then should not all the season ticket holders be given the same chance at final tickets.

The who point of a ballot is its the luck of the draw

1 minute ago, Ace said:

I think this is a terrible idea

The ballot for the SemiFinal included EVERY season ticket holder, so we all had a chance at getting a ticket (I was lucky & did get one) why then should not all the season ticket holders be given the same chance at final tickets.

The who point of a ballot is its the luck of the draw

So it's fair for a season ticket holder to be lucky twice as opposed to more season ticket holders being lucky once. 

Remember rangersmedia are running a business, its in the club's interest to cater for the majority of fans. 

Just now, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

So it's fair for a season ticket holder to be lucky twice as opposed to more season ticket holders being lucky once. 

Remember rangersmedia are running a business, its in the club's interest to cater for the majority of fans. 

No, it's fair that as EVERY season ticket holder was given a chance to get a Semifinal ticket, then that same opportunity should be provided for the final.

What gives you the right to get a final ticket over myself, just because I managed to a Semifinal ticket? How is that fair, like you I'm a ST holder, like you I'm an RFC fan ... the only difference is I was lucky in a draw??

Aye right (!!)