Pochettino agrees new contract

BurghBear

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol don't be daft, the way Tottenham have been performing they would not be looking to put Warburton in there. 

Maybe some day the experience Warburton gets with us will take him to a club like Tottenham, but not right now

5 minutes ago, TheNuts said:

Lol don't be daft, the way Tottenham have been performing they would not be looking to put Warburton in there. 

Maybe some day the experience Warburton gets with us will take him to a club like Tottenham, but not right now

I totally agree but stranger things have happened! Would love for him to be here well past his 3 year contract!! 

I think the last 4 years have put the Rangers support in a pessimistic frame of mind. Now that we have had the first real positive thing happen to our footballing side (Warburton) in years, most of us think it won't last and he will leave us sooner rather than later. 

I genuinely think he will stay here for not only his full 3 year contract, but even beyond that to around 6/7 or maybe even 8 years. He said when he left Brentford he was gutted as he wanted to stay longer and keep building and building. If Brentford can do that to him, Rangers can and more.

11 minutes ago, wilberforce1 said:

I certainly don't think Spurs will be his next port of call. That said, I don't think MW will be with us beyond 3 years. Unfortunately.

It's hard to tell. As long as he's happy here and we're in champions league he'll stay until a big team comes calling down there and that would only happen if we really raise eyebrows in Europe.

i do however believe that if Spurs came calling regardless of their position in the league Warburton would want to talk to them.

2 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

It's hard to tell. As long as he's happy here and we're in champions league he'll stay until a big team comes calling down there and that would only happen if we really raise eyebrows in Europe.

i do however believe that if Spurs came calling regardless of their position in the league Warburton would want to talk to them.

I hope I'm wrong. Personally, I think he's the best thing that's happened to Rangers since the arrival of Graeme Souness (Other Opinions Are Available)

Me personally will just enjoy MW while he is enjoying being the boss and building a legacy which will last for years. Could end up with the same scenario as when Souness left us with Walter and we all know hat happened with NIAR. Can see the same scenario that if MW was to leave we would be left with Sir David of Weir and he is a really single minded person and one of us. :uk: 

3 minutes ago, wilberforce1 said:

I hope I'm wrong. Personally, I think he's the best thing that's happened to Rangers since the arrival of Graeme Souness (Other Opinions Are Available)

Totally agree, had he come here off the back of smith the impact might not have been quite so noticeable as following up from McCoist, McDowell and McCall wasn't exactly a difficult task to do better than they had.

People will cite that we don't hammer teams despite having most of the ball and a tonne of chances but the football we are playing is how many have wanted to see us play for years and warburton and weir have done this in less than a year, it's astounding.

Not to mention the class and conduct of the man himself as well as the way he has overseen a complete overhaul of our off the field setup. I'm hopeful that if we can get champions league football again that this will be enough to keep him until he does so well that a team pushing for champions league football make an offer that's too enticing what with the money down south......not the money he'd be paid but the money available to spend on players wages and transfer fees.

fingers crossed we get a good number of years of this though :party:

20 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Totally agree, had he come here off the back of smith the impact might not have been quite so noticeable as following up from McCoist, McDowell and McCall wasn't exactly a difficult task to do better than they had.

People will cite that we don't hammer teams despite having most of the ball and a tonne of chances but the football we are playing is how many have wanted to see us play for years and warburton and weir have done this in less than a year, it's astounding.

Not to mention the class and conduct of the man himself as well as the way he has overseen a complete overhaul of our off the field setup. I'm hopeful that if we can get champions league football again that this will be enough to keep him until he does so well that a team pushing for champions league football make an offer that's too enticing what with the money down south......not the money he'd be paid but the money available to spend on players wages and transfer fees.

fingers crossed we get a good number of years of this though :party:

(tu)

30 minutes ago, scottyscott1963 said:

Me personally will just enjoy MW while he is enjoying being the boss and building a legacy which will last for years. Could end up with the same scenario as when Souness left us with Walter and we all know hat happened with NIAR. Can see the same scenario that if MW was to leave we would be left with Sir David of Weir and he is a really single minded person and one of us. :uk: 

Liked ur post until the last bit mate lol DW is not cut out for us I hope we leave the ex players thing alone we have been bitten twice with that.

I think Martinez job being on a wobbly peg actually benefits us a little bit.

Him and Warburton have fairly similar ideas on how the game should be played and even though Warburton has done a brilliant job the face that Martinez has managed in the Premiership will probably give him more stock and probably see him higher up the list for most vacancies that come up either this Summer or early next season.

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

I think Martinez job being on a wobbly peg actually benefits us a little bit.

Him and Warburton have fairly similar ideas on how the game should be played and even though Warburton has done a brilliant job the face that Martinez has managed in the Premiership will probably give him more stock and probably see him higher up the list for most vacancies that come up either this Summer or early next season.

Unless Everton sack Martinez and go for Warburton. That's a realistic possibility.

6 minutes ago, Vwbear said:

Unless warburton wins the league next year no premiership club would be intrested in him some folk on here need to get real 

Walter won untold stuff with us over many years and not a sniff of interest, MW has been here 5 minutes give or take relatively and seemingly in the frame for every vacancy, work that one out.

2 minutes ago, pcbear said:

Walter won untold stuff with us over many years and not a sniff of interest, MW has been here 5 minutes give or take relatively and seemingly in the frame for every vacancy, work that one out.

I agree 

even advocaat never had the offers 

mcleish took over a relegation team in Birmingham 

o neil took on villa when they were shit he already had been there with Leicester 

in reality if we win the cup the best offer warburton would get would be a Sheffield Wednesday or cardiff 

A year in the Scottish Championship isn't going to see him going to a top end EPL team.

If he does well next year then maybe lower/mid table teams will have a look at him and as he says himself if a working man gets offered 3 times the wage what's he going to do?

Dontcha just love reading about the current Spurs managers in the Bear's Den ?

Naw, me neither. (tu)

Mr Warburton will be here for at least three years, to complete what is currently a work in progress. 

Fact.  

I strongly believe both our club, and Mr Warburton stand on the threshold of greatness.

After 3 years ? Who knows, but we will be in a very strong position by then, and will be choosing the best to further our future ambition if, especially if, he decides to move on by that time. 

In Mr Warburton I trust, and I hope we all believe in and trust.

1 minute ago, MasterD said:

A year in the Scottish Championship isn't going to see him going to a top end EPL team.

If he does well next year then maybe lower/mid table teams will have a look at him and as he says himself if a working man gets offered 3 times the wage what's he going to do?

Depends on how much  money you have already, as a successful city trader and now on a decent salary I would imagine his house is paid for and he will want for nothing, how much money is enough?

Money cant buy you love, or health for that matter, he seems a good level headed man whose head wont be easily turned.

And in other news David Moyes will be more interested in going back to Everton where he achieved virtually no great success, and is unlikely to achieve any great succcess and has no interest in the lesser job as manager of cellic whatsoever. 

And anyone who thinks Mr Warburton would go to Everton simply has no idea about football. Pissing myself laughing at that one. Everton ffs :rolleyes::D