Pochettino agrees new contract

BurghBear

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Unless Everton sack Martinez and go for Warburton. That's a realistic possibility.

I can't see it myself but you never know. I think that with Everton getting new investment m they will look to "push on" and go for somebody who's more of a name. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Everton were after success they'd be looking at top four English league finish and European potential,

In the unlikely event they achieve top four in the next five years do you think they'd go for an unknown manager with no European experience.

Although just to humour some of the more naive , maybe a manager with a lot  European experience  who had beaten the likes of Barcelona would do. Wee Lenny's available. 

Can you really see our Mr Warburton being ahead of the likes of Benitez etc at present ? 

1 hour ago, pcbear said:

Walter won untold stuff with us over many years and not a sniff of interest, MW has been here 5 minutes give or take relatively and seemingly in the frame for every vacancy, work that one out.

Walters style wasn't in vogue; Leicester came too late.

No way would you hire a Warburton to mount a relegation fightback. & top teams look for egotists.

The major draw would be relegated to championship teams looking to restructure. Name some.

5 hours ago, wilberforce1 said:

I certainly don't think Spurs will be his next port of call. That said, I don't think MW will be with us beyond 3 years. Unfortunately.

Agree,

Has his wife and family moved up her yet ?

17 minutes ago, Barasa said:

Walters style wasn't in vogue; Leicester came too late.

No way would you hire a Warburton to mount a relegation fightback. & top teams look for egotists.

The major draw would be relegated to championship teams looking to restructure. Name some.

Dundee United ?

2 hours ago, pcbear said:

Walter won untold stuff with us over many years and not a sniff of interest, MW has been here 5 minutes give or take relatively and seemingly in the frame for every vacancy, work that one

2 hours ago, pcbear said:

Walter won untold stuff with us over many years and not a sniff of interest, MW has been here 5 minutes give or take relatively and seemingly in the frame for every vacancy, work that one out.

Smith managed Everton from 98-2002!  There also may have been plenty of interest behind closed doors over the years but smith made it clear he only wanted to manage the famous.  My point is just because stuff doesn't always hit the press doesn't mean there wasn't interest.  Smith isn't the type of guy that would have wanted stories like that flaunted and journos probably shat out of releasing anything like that cause smith would have booted their baws :lol:

6 hours ago, Skyson1872 said:

I think the last 4 years have put the Rangers support in a pessimistic frame of mind. Now that we have had the first real positive thing happen to our footballing side (Warburton) in years, most of us think it won't last and he will leave us sooner rather than later. 

I genuinely think he will stay here for not only his full 3 year contract, but even beyond that to around 6/7 or maybe even 8 years. He said when he left Brentford he was gutted as he wanted to stay longer and keep building and building. If Brentford can do that to him, Rangers can and more.

How many managers stay at clubs for over 3 seasons?

If Warburton is successful he will move onto England that's pretty much a certainty while if he fails to be no 1 in Scotland he won't last very long here. Either way he's not staying here for 6 or 7 years :lol: that's fantasy  stuff 

5 hours ago, The Godfather said:

How many managers stay at clubs for over 3 seasons?

If Warburton is successful he will move onto England that's pretty much a certainty while if he fails to be no 1 in Scotland he won't last very long here. Either way he's not staying here for 6 or 7 years :lol: that's fantasy  stuff 

Aye he will move onto England, but do you think that at the end of his contract he will just leave in the middle of this project and go "I'm out of contract, so i'm fucking off down south again"? 

14 hours ago, Skyson1872 said:

I think the last 4 years have put the Rangers support in a pessimistic frame of mind. Now that we have had the first real positive thing happen to our footballing side (Warburton) in years, most of us think it won't last and he will leave us sooner rather than later. 

I genuinely think he will stay here for not only his full 3 year contract, but even beyond that to around 6/7 or maybe even 8 years. He said when he left Brentford he was gutted as he wanted to stay longer and keep building and building. If Brentford can do that to him, Rangers can and more.

I reckon it depends on how successful we are in the first three years. A title win and champions league groups qualification may see his work as complete? 

Hopefully it happens and it only whets his whistle for a CL win ?

12 hours ago, Vwbear said:

I agree 

even advocaat never had the offers 

mcleish took over a relegation team in Birmingham 

o neil took on villa when they were shit he already had been there with Leicester 

But, but TLB went to Bolton and won the Premiership, the Champions League and the World Cup in his first season.....whit!!!! Relegated!! Oh 

Take it he never won the Colgate Smile of the Year Award either then<cr>:D

1 hour ago, chris182 said:

I reckon it depends on how successful we are in the first three years. A title win and champions league groups qualification may see his work as complete? 

Hopefully it happens and it only whets his whistle for a CL win ?

I genuinely can't see us making the groups first time trying. Maybe after 2 or 3, but then that might make him hungry to get to the last 16.

3 hours ago, Skyson1872 said:

Aye he will move onto England, but do you think that at the end of his contract he will just leave in the middle of this project and go "I'm out of contract, so i'm fucking off down south again"? 

He might. Just because he calls it a project doesn't mean he is any less money-hungry than your average football manager. His managerial record is too short  to decide just how dedicated he will be to any single club.

30 minutes ago, JockyWilsonspants said:

He might. Just because he calls it a project doesn't mean he is any less money-hungry than your average football manager. His managerial record is too short  to decide just how dedicated he will be to any single club.

I get what you are saying but he certainly doesn't come across money hungry to me. The man just reeks of class and integrity,

To be considered for any of the good jobs in the EPL he needs to do something big in Europe. We as a club need to have a list of names in place that will continue Rangers are they are now and progress them going forward, if and when he leaves.

25 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

He's being linked with Everton in tomorrow's Sun :(

As much chance of mourinho going to the east end of Glasgow.

1) Everton aren't likely to go for him as he hasn't proven himself consistently against "better" teams

2) I think the job is a piss poor one to take tbh and he should aim higher than that after getting experience in champions league with us.

its the usual, the mhedia know we've got a manager that will stop Celtic getting more than 5 and they are bricking it.

ooooh Warburton is Magic, he could have an EBT,

But we would still be winning if he managed us for free.

the unwashed are obsessed, they want to see him leave

cuz the thought of 55 is something they just can't conceive.

39 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

He's being linked with Everton in tomorrow's Sun :(

If Martinez gets the bullet. it's because he insists on passing football only :-)

Linking our manager is nothing but fear, loathing & wishful thinking.