Special thank you to Dominic Ball

Today is the last day Dominic Ball will be able to play for us, since the next match is against his parent club (Tottenham hotspurs) he won't be eligible for selection and after that in the Scottish cup final, he's suspended due to picking up a yellow card in the semi-final against some "hot shot" team, can't remember their name.

So just want to say a big thank you to the lad, he's been a great player and I really do hope he's back playing with us in some capacity soon. For a lad only starting to learn his trade, I'd say he's going to go on and be a really big success  :541:

Dominic-Ball.jpg

Why wouldn't he be eligible for a closed doors non competitive game? I know most loan deals have this clause but not sure how it affects friendlies.

given we played Spurs at the start and the end and I think the loan of Ball worked out well (and given the managers close ties with Spurs) anyone think this is the start of something between the clubs? If so can we get Pritchard on loan next year please?

1 minute ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Why wouldn't he be eligible for a closed doors non competitive game? I know most loan deals have this clause but not sure how it affects friendlies.

Eligible or not he wouldn't be played. Whole point to is to prepare for the cup final

Just now, Big Al II said:

Eligible or not he wouldn't be played. Whole point to is to prepare for the cup final

True, but will the starting XI for the final play a full 90 mins? Then again the subs for the final would probably get brought on so unless there are complications during the game it probably is his last game today.

5 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

We'd need written permission from Spurs in order to use Ball against them. 

I don't think either Spurs manager or Mr Warburton would put him in that position anyway. 

1 minute ago, RFCRobertson said:

I don't think either Spurs manager or Mr Warburton would put him in that position anyway. 

Yeah guess I was just looking at the technicalities rather than the practicalities.....can't argue with the fact he's done a great job this year, been our utility man and is a fine pro.

11 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

I really doubt we would, we were never going to play them competitively this year so why would they bother making a clause like that?

I genuinely don't see all the fuss over him.

He's not bad and looks a solid young pro, but he has a long way to go to deserve the level of adulation some on here give him. 

Best of luck to him, I'm not convinced he'll back as I don't think he'll get as many games as he got this season.

2 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

He's not bad and looks a solid young pro, but he has a long way to go to deserve the level of adulation some on here give him. 

Best of luck to him, I'm not convinced he'll back as I don't think he'll get as many games as he got this season.

Albear in negative post shocker

1 minute ago, kaiser1041 said:

Albear in negative post shocker

I can't win.

"AlBear you post too much. AlBear you don't post enough. AlBear you're too positive. AlBear you're too negative."

I tell you what, just tell me what my opinion should be and save me having to type. Cheers

18 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

He still does needs tweaks and some more experience but if this is the bedrock he's building upon he should grow to be a competent player.

There has been times where he's been invaluable to us and others where he's made school boy errors.

10 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

I can't win.

"AlBear you post too much. AlBear you don't post enough. AlBear you're too positive. AlBear you're too negative."

I tell you what, just tell me what my opinion should be and save me having to type. Cheers

Just be yourself mate.and if that's being a Fanny I'm fine with it.