Journey over

G.E.C.

It has indeed but the journey is far from over.  For us to be back we need to be back at the business end of the top league and we've yet to show we can take our place back there.

the end of this season has shown that we are by far not the finished article and that we need to strengthen.

hopefully we can do this and take our rightful place back at the top of the premier league

14 minutes ago, BluesClues said:

A message to those teams we are leaving behind:

tumblr_o3leqivka21ua3he1o1_400.gif

Rather save this message for most of the teams we are about to play next season tbh.For the most part the teams we left behind are all part time,financially poor but put up some pretty damn fine performances against us on occassions.We were welcomed in most places we visited and were able to help these clubs out massively financially.Every one of them are now part of not only the journey but also our history.I thank the majority of them for treating us far far better than the so called more illustrious clubs in the Premiership.Always remember they have no need to kiss our ass in fact a couple managed to whip our ass!!!

16 minutes ago, Rollestonbear said:

Rather save this message for most of the teams we are about to play next season tbh.For the most part the teams we left behind are all part time,financially poor but put up some pretty damn fine performances against us on occassions.We were welcomed in most places we visited and were able to help these clubs out massively financially.Every one of them are now part of not only the journey but also our history.I thank the majority of them for treating us far far better than the so called more illustrious clubs in the Premiership.Always remember they have no need to kiss our ass in fact a couple managed to whip our ass!!!

I wouldn't call putting 10 men behind the ball, hoping to score on the counter a 'pretty damn fine performance'.

Nor would I call the way the Dunfermline, Livingston, Falkirk, Raith or Hibs' fans (to name a few) treated us as being 'welcoming'.

As for helping them out financially, I'm glad to think that these clubs won't see another blue pound, they benefited from our troubles, and were all too happy to do so.

Regarding our history, we have a world record number of trophies to fill our history books with, no need to add playing these shitey teams into it as well, the sooner its forgotten, the better.

As for managing to 'whip our ass', see my first point.

7 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Actually started with a 2-1 victory over Brecon in August 2012 in a competition we failed to win till 2016.

Journey is now seriously underway and we will tick another box and signal our return when we win 55, hopefully next season.

10 minutes into that game I realised this aint gonna be fun, thank fuck the journey is over will be most bears take on it if they feel the same as me.

7 hours ago, BluesClues said:

A message to those teams we are leaving behind:

tumblr_o3leqivka21ua3he1o1_400.gif

This is shite! We were well treated in the lower leagues and no blame is attached to them for why we were playing them - in the main they were respectful and welcoming - no need for this. 

6 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

This is shite! We were well treated in the lower leagues and no blame is attached to them for why we were playing them - in the main they were respectful and welcoming - no need for this. 

I agree. We play most of the motherfuckers next season. Bar Dundee United. :craphead:

5 minutes ago, wullyRFC said:

Got us to a European cup final.

And played the same in the final, it was a one off game place was buzzing and the stall was set up not to lose, Manchester would have exploded had we scored that night.

19 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

I would say only a handful of clubs let themselves down, most of them in the Championship. These are clubs that have an inflated sense of importance in the game.

17 hours ago, FSM said:

Doesn't the journey end when we hear the Champions League music played at Ibrox in front of a tearful Charles Green?

charles green's in tears all the time mate - hopefully he'll be doing some time soon too.

18 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

144 years and counting- it's a journey that lasts your life time, not a very small 4yrs of it. 

Exactly, for a club like The Rangers, the journey is never over, only milestones along the way, where we can briefly pause, celebrate and reflect, before starting over again, next destination Hampden Park and a Scottish Cup Final on the 21st of May 2016.

It has been a traumatic and depressing Journey, one that will not end until we have won 55. But the Bears who followed will come out stronger and more resilient than ever. And we have shown all of those who kicked us done and tried to kill us, we will never surrender

The jouney is never over. Our next target on the park is number 55. Making CL group stage is another. Our haters as far from finished with us, so let me say, there is much need for vigilance and there remains a few scores to settle with others off it! 

3 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Totally agree, for once! 

2 hours ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Exactly, for a club like The Rangers, the journey is never over, only milestones along the way, where we can briefly pause, celebrate and reflect, before starting over again, next destination Hampden Park and a Scottish Cup Final on the 21st of May 2016.

Correct.

Fuck this "journey over" nonsense. 

11 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Actually started with a 2-1 victory over Brecon in August 2012 in a competition we failed to win till 2016.

Journey is now seriously underway and we will tick another box and signal our return when we win 55, hopefully next season.

Didn't know our first game was in Wales.

9 hours ago, BluesClues said:

I wouldn't call putting 10 men behind the ball, hoping to score on the counter a 'pretty damn fine performance'.

Nor would I call the way the Dunfermline, Livingston, Falkirk, Raith or Hibs' fans (to name a few) treated us as being 'welcoming'.

As for helping them out financially, I'm glad to think that these clubs won't see another blue pound, they benefited from our troubles, and were all too happy to do so.

Regarding our history, we have a world record number of trophies to fill our history books with, no need to add playing these shitey teams into it as well, the sooner its forgotten, the better.

As for managing to 'whip our ass', see my first point.

Actually If you're  a part time team full of players working full time on various other jobs,very little resources,limited squad and facilities and technically inferior players then you try to play to your strengths.Remember it's up to US to break them down.Of course we should and did roll a lot of teams over but nowhere near as many as we were expected to so credit goes to them for that.

As mentioned the vast majority of teams welcomed us warmly especially in the bottom 2 divisions.The teams you mentioned already had previous with us so your point is noted but don't tar all clubs with those examples.

These teams had no say on the division we ended up in.In fact we as a fanbase actually wanted to start at the bottom to avoid any accusation of favouritism.They certainly benefited but none of them caused it so good luck to them and hope the money improves them and their communities for years to come.

Yes our history is something to be proud of and celebrate.We have our titles and trophies and anyone can look at record books and see what we have won but here is the most important bit for me.As fans we LIVED that history.Every kick of every game of every competition.Good or bad and yes I can remember teams playing far better than us over the last few seasons and whipping our ass.

So I don't plan to forget and would say most bears are the same.Not to give credit to those we met along the way and saying forget the whole experience as quickly as possible because they were just "shitey"teams is a kind of arrogance I would prefer not to be associated with tbh.