Would you have sacrificed full points from last 4 league games.....

Both. Were Rangers. If we beat cellic next year on a Sunday and go to Aberdeen on the Wednesday and have the same mentality we have had the past 4 games then questions will rightly be raised. It isn't good enough, nowhere near. These games would have gave us good momentum going into the final, they haven't and the players now need to raise their game and their mentality for it.

Sacrificing might imply there was a choice to be made - risk sacrificing the wins (points) and risk sacrificing winning momentum, a sacrifice of sending the fans home happy in order to stay fit to play in the cup final and to keep something in reserve for that game.  It implies there may be conscious thought going into not being concerned about league form loss and loss of points.

It might be more a collective (including MW and DW) unplanned unwitting resting on laurels and having started to do so they have found as so many others in the past that prizing one's collective backside off the laurels and back into hungry, game-ready, up for it more than the opposition mode can be damn hard to do.   However the players and Manager might talk themselves up into believing they are ready and up for it the problem is they have been giving that message for weeks now ahead of league games but not delivering.   Funny thing confidence.   For most its best maintained by continuing to do well - the best you can be - from game to game.   When it slips it can be hard to recover quickly.  

With the high standards of Rangers sacrificing points would not be acceptable.  Neither should sacrificing a winning mentality and winning momentum.   Winning the Scottish Cup will not justify letting league business slip but it would naturally place the recent form well into the 'forgotten' bits of the collective memory of the Support.    But if we are not successful then there would be bound to be more than a few glances back at the form / attitude / lack of hunger to win of the recent league form and comment made on what could /should have been done to prevent it.   Which would be a pity as poor results and form in recent league games was entirely avoidable if the players had only continued as a team to apply themselves they way they did for the most rewarding and productive winning ways of earlier in the season.

I'm sorry but you can't dress it up and justify this way 

yes I know the leagues over but not to win in 4 games against these teams is disgraceful - especially after the players continued shit chat about going out on a high etc 

would be easier to take if it was fringe players playing these games but it's no 

a win was important to get a wee bit of winning momentum before the final 

only silver lining is Hibs having maximum games but honestly roll on the summer and getting some fresh talent in so this stagnation can't happen again 

They prob decided that in the dressing room at Hampden.

Wallace : How do you fancy the rest of the season off, lads? Up until the final?

Halliday: Fuck up, Lee, we have a match to win 

Zelalem: Where do I sign up for this, Skipper?

Wallace: Beat these child raping bastards and we can put our feet up until the final?

Zelalem: I'm in!

Squad: Fuck up, Gedion, you're no even starting!

Big Wes: I know just what to do!

5 minutes ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

They prob decided that in the dressing room at Hampden.

Wallace : How do you fancy the rest of the season off, lads? Up until the final?

Halliday: Fuck up, Lee, we have a match to win 

Zelalem: Where do I sign up for this, Skipper?

Wallace: Beat these child raping bastards and we can put our feet up until the final?

Zelalem: I'm in!

Squad: Fuck up, Gedion, you're no even starting!

Big Wes: I know just what to do!

My thoughts keep going back to something like this.

Or maybe trying to avoid any injury.

I just hope that this recent lack of performance and poor attitude from the team is to avoid injury, within a small squad. However, it is not looking good if they have downed tools to the extent that the team cannot raise a competitive performance. Hibs may be on high after stringing together a run of wins in the play offs, if we lose the SC then we may be looking at at the first real  critism of Warburton and and his null plan B tactics.

2 hours ago, LegendofCoop said:

For the semi final win over the yahoo's????? :pipe::pipe:

No fucking contest in my book!!!

In my book I expect to win them all and if not then the players at least give their all in trying.Leave choosing which games to win to smaller clubs fans.We are Rangers and our standards and expectations should NEVER slip.

4 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

If we beat the scum next year to secure number 55 and then lose to the sheep days later I doubt there will be as much an uproar as we've seen on here lately. I agree about the momentum leading up to the final, but would people be in as much of an outrage if we weren't in the final this year?  Warburton would have rotated much more if we didn't have the cup final in 3 weeks.

I hate us losing in a friendly, was unhappy over the results and performances of the last 4 games and some criticism is deserved. But some go way overboard on this forum.

Personally I don't think I have been OTT. I've backed them to the hilt all season through the 'slumps' etc when everyone was going off their heads. But the performance at Hibs and subsequent performances have been very very poor. It's a slap in the face to the fans like me who have been to all 4 and paid the money to be served up that. For me it is the mark of champions and a team who beat cellic to go out and show exactly why we've dominated 95% of the teams we've played. I think it's a let down and it is extremely frustrating. I just hope it doesn't come back to haunt them in the final

3 hours ago, LegendofCoop said:

For the semi final win over the yahoo's????? :pipe::pipe:

No fucking contest in my book!!!

If the watch word this season has been an ever improving fitness and playing ethos there shouldn't be a question here.

You have got to keep striving to do better and show these people that The Rangers are Back, and in fuckin style.

Big Gordon got slaughtered on here for a pish poor punch, Wes FFS looking like a Sunday League Amateur.

A lot of these players were frees or cost next to nothing they have excelled at times and at other times have been of a lower standard.

Is the default setting for these Guys what we've witnessed recently or what came before ?

It's really a pity that this has now petered out in what could've been a glorious end of season, I'm sure the vast majority would've loved to round off in style pumping all comers.

The Cup Final now becomes a stresser we've gave them hope where there was none, and there must be some creeping doubt in some of our players.

Now the Gaffers have time to let them rest, cajole them, let them get over knocks and watch the Hivs get lamped by Raith.

Come out of the blocks firing on all cylinders and take 4 years of hurt out on these fuckers in the Final.

WATP

4 hours ago, gmcf said:

You are allowed to win them all , you know . 

If we win the Scottish Cup then we pretty much have.  Challenge Cup, League, Scottish Cup.  Not bad for Warburton's first season in charge (tu)

Seriously, people pissing and moaning over a few meaningless results need to get a grip.  The manager has done a wonderful job, almost perfect.  The team is a work and progress and will be a far superior outfit next season.  Enjoy what has happened this season and let's look forward to our top-tier return (tu)