Biggest Scottish Cup final

2 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

In the interest of sporting integrity and all that the SFA have moved the dates of the play off semi and final till after the Scottish cup now so it's possible the they could still be in it without knowing what league they will be in next season. 

I think the semi matches come before the cup final according to this link which was posted just yesterday.

Ladbrokes Scottish Premiership play-off quarter-final, first legs
Wednesday May 4
Raith Rovers v Hibernian (1945 BST)

Ladbrokes Scottish Premiership play-off quarter-final, second legs
Saturday May 7
Hibernian v Raith Rovers (1230 BST)

Ladbrokes Scottish Premiership play-off semi-final, first legs
Tuesday May 10
Hibernian/Raith Rovers v Falkirk (1945 BST)

Ladbrokes Scottish Premiership play-off semi-final, first legs

Friday May 13
Falkirk v Hibernian/Raith Rovers (1945 BST)

Ladbrokes Scottish Premiership play-off final

Details to be confirmed...

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/article/165/10265964/scottish-professional-football-league-play-offs-schedule-and-results

14 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

In the interest of sporting integrity and all that the SFA have moved the dates of the play off semi and final till after the Scottish cup now so it's possible the they could still be in it without knowing what league they will be in next season. 

Semi final play off will be the 10th and 13th of May. The final is still listed as the 19th and 22nd. The only change would be moving both legs of the final until after the SC final.

If they get through then I expect them to place more importance on the play offs than the cup. 

15 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

Semi final play off will be the 10th and 13th of May. The final is still listed as the 19th and 22nd. The only change would be moving both legs of the final until after the SC final.

If they get through then I expect them to place more importance on the play offs than the cup. 

It's a lot of games in a relatively short space of time and in this instance I want them to be winning to give them more to deal with which can only suit us.  I would guess the play off final against what at this time would appear to be Kilmarnock will be after the cup final which leaves Kilmarnock dragging their heels into June when everybody else is off on break.

5 hours ago, Willis said:

Na. Its hivs ffs. We've been in bigger finals in living memory let alone ever

Although obviously not the biggest final because we are not playing Celtic, it would be the biggest Scottish Cup win for me due to the circumstances. 

It's nowhere near our biggest Scottish Cup final. The importance is obviously Europe for us and stopping Hibs getting a possible double.

I have been in Scottish Cup final crowds of over 100 thousand where you surged forward every time there was an incident. If you were behind a barrier the surge behind you nearly crushed you and if you were in front of the barrier you expected it to break. All that fun gone now we have all seated.

6 minutes ago, IanFerguson2013 said:

It's nowhere near our biggest Scottish Cup final. The importance is obviously Europe for us and stopping Hibs getting a possible double.

I have been in Scottish Cup final crowds of over 100 thousand where you surged forward every time there was an incident. If you were behind a barrier the surge behind you nearly crushed you and if you were in front of the barrier you expected it to break. All that fun gone now we have all seated.

What double are hibs after like?

7 hours ago, soulboy said:

Good thing for us they finished 3rd in league meaning they have potentially 7 games in 21 days, that's a hard slog at the end of the season as we found to our cost last season and when we reached the uefa cup final

Was delighted Falkirk pipped them to 2nd. Could make all the difference on Cup Final day ?

53 minutes ago, IanFerguson2013 said:

That doesn't sound very fun. I think I prefer seats. 

8 hours ago, Dutchy said:

Not for one minute am I calling on MW to go. I'm just worried about the concept of Rangers going down in the history books as the team that allowed hivs to win the cup, after over a hundred years of huffing and puffing.

I can't see how you thought I said in anyway that he should go.

In fact, quite the opposite, I suggested that he was the one that would change our fortunes and get us back to winning ways.

A bit of a misunderstanding here mate. I was not implying you said anything like that; just making my own poition clear as my post may have appeared a bit negative to those who think it is easy to suddenly up your game after a string of poor performances.

1 hour ago, Bad Robot said:

Hibs have roughly played a game every three days and their players will fkd come the final and we will steam roll the junkie cunts.

That could work both ways.  We wont have played any pressurised football for weeks when we meet Hibs in the final.  If Hibs get decent results from those games (and no injuries), it could work to their advantage.

I think it's massive for us, to win it and qualify for Europe will surely give the manager a bigger budget to play with which will give us an even better chance of winning the league at our first attempt.

This coupled with the fact that we won't have to play in the diddy league cup group stage also.

If we did lose and hivs got up through the playoffs then they will argue they have had a more successful season than us, I would hate to see that ugly cunt Stubbs standing there and telling everycunt this.:power_of_anguish:

13 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

I think it's massive for us, to win it and qualify for Europe will surely give the manager a bigger budget to play with which will give us an even better chance of winning the league at our first attempt.

This coupled with the fact that we won't have to play in the diddy league cup group stage also.

If we did lose and hivs got up through the playoffs then they will argue they have had a more successful season than us, I would hate to see that ugly cunt Stubbs standing there and telling everycunt this.:power_of_anguish:

Forgot about the league cup implications as well.

To lose now would just take any shine off the season and add so many what-ifs regarding europe and new signings going into next season.

Everything thats at stake probably makes our recent performances so much more worrying.

2 hours ago, Briton said:

That could work both ways.  We wont have played any pressurised football for weeks when we meet Hibs in the final.  If Hibs get decent results from those games (and no injuries), it could work to their advantage.

The hibs will be fkd just now after their last run of games and they won't even make the finals play offs. I'm more than confident we will step it up and wipe the floor with them.

15 minutes ago, ZZed said:

Hibs will get pumped in the final and not get promoted. 3-0 Rangers, the players are now saving themselves for the cup final, to top off a very good season for us. 

You hope. Alas, I am not so sure; I am more worried that they have switched off and will find it difficult to up their game again. Seen it too often in the past. Hope you are right and I am wrong.