Biggest Scottish Cup final

I think this is the biggest scottish cup final we have been involved in in recent history?

There is just so much at stake apart from the cup itself! European football and losing to them and letting them win the thing for the first time in hundreds of years is just unthinkable!!

My biggest worry is that the way we've been playing recently, these bams may well beat us, and that will be in the history books that the team they beat to beat their Cup hoodoo was us.:angsum:

But I'm sure MW will drum it into the players that this is indeed a very important game, no less for the potential European money.

Amazing to think a few weeks ago, just beat the ta33iers thats all we want...

Now, canny let the wee ta33iers win the cup....

Thats why we're Rangers, always want the next level.....:D

5 minutes ago, Dutchy said:

My biggest worry is that the way we've been playing recently, these bams may well beat us, and that will be in the history books that the team they beat to beat their Cup hoodoo was us.:angsum:

But I'm sure MW will drum it into the players that this is indeed a very important game, no less for the potential European money.

Mark Warburton has done what was asked - automatic promotion and a good SC run. The Petrofac was a welcome bonus and to reach the SC final is not a good run but a great run. If it was a PL team, apart from the mhanks, defeat would be sore but not a disaster. To lose to Hibs would be an embarrassment and our recent form does not fill me with confidence. However, next season at this time will show whether or not we are really back so, if we do lose, I for one will not be calling for Warburton to go.

Even the talk of Warburton to go is laughable.The man has performed minor miracles on a very tight budget.Cant wait to see how we perform next year.As for poor form that lies at the players door.Hopefully next year we have strength in depth to stop this happening again.No performance no jersey!Thats why this final is massive as it directly impacts our transfer strategy and increases the likelihood of players wanting to sign if we have Europe to look forward to.

Recent form is irrelevant.  There has been nothing to play for recently and nobody wants to be injured ahead of this final.  They were good enough to beat everybody in this league while winning it at a canter and they're still that good.  Every player will be standing up for this one because they all know what this means for the club and the fans and their own chances of being a first choice in European competition next season.

Been a lot of talk about not letting the spoon burners end there hoodoo against us, I personally couldn't give a fuck when they last won the cup or when they might win it again, I want Rangers to win the cup because I'm fucking Rangers mad like everyone else on here, I don't care if we're playing the hivs or hamilton, just win it for Rangers 

The fans have got to let the players know this is a MUST WIN GAME

The same intensity as the semi final and winning is a must.

I have hope that the gap to the game will make the players hungry

even more to win it  and getting into europe the bonus.

5 hours ago, Corky True Legend said:

Mark Warburton has done what was asked - automatic promotion and a good SC run. The Petrofac was a welcome bonus and to reach the SC final is not a good run but a great run. If it was a PL team, apart from the mhanks, defeat would be sore but not a disaster. To lose to Hibs would be an embarrassment and our recent form does not fill me with confidence. However, next season at this time will show whether or not we are really back so, if we do lose, I for one will not be calling for Warburton to go.

Not for one minute am I calling on MW to go. I'm just worried about the concept of Rangers going down in the history books as the team that allowed hivs to win the cup, after over a hundred years of huffing and puffing.

I can't see how you thought I said in anyway that he should go.

In fact, quite the opposite, I suggested that he was the one that would change our fortunes and get us back to winning ways.

Good thing for us they finished 3rd in league meaning they have potentially 7 games in 21 days, that's a hard slog at the end of the season as we found to our cost last season and when we reached the uefa cup final

2 hours ago, Dutchy said:

Not for one minute am I calling on MW to go. I'm just worried about the concept of Rangers going down in the history books as the team that allowed hivs to win the cup, after over a hundred years of huffing and puffing.

I can't see how you thought I said in anyway that he should go.

In fact, quite the opposite, I suggested that he was the one that would change our fortunes and get us back to winning ways.

After the shit we've been put through in the last 4 years we can deal with anything .

A loss in the final which personally I don't think for a moment will happen but if it did will mean nothing to the future of Mr Warburton at Rangers despite the massive disappointment that would be for the club and the fans.  If we don't win this final in which we have everything going for us including being the better team it will be the fault of the players not Mr Warburton and that's another factor in our favour.

Every one of them is playing for his spot in the team next season and they know it and aside from that we have looked wobbly at times already this season but they have always turned up when it really counted and that's not going to change now.

The Stubbs brigade are what they are and will largely remain so for next season no matter what happens for them from here on in and that alone should drive the neutrals to want Rangers to win this cup instead of sending a team into Europe that will be out again before the postcards get back.  It should be that way but it wont be.

Aside from being a better team than them they have 4 cup finals to play over the next 3 weeks before they can even think about us while our guys can chill out and prepare for what will be the most important game of their career so far for many.

They will be fresh and raring to go with not a knock in sight while Stubbs and his band if they're lucky will have been kicked black and blue through 4 bruising encounters leading up to this final and will have another two to consider after it.

This is our final, we earned it and we're going to win it and use that Euro platform with it's prestige and financial boost to drive us back to where we belong at the pinnacle of the game in Scotland.  I'm looking forward to seeing a Warburton team play in Europe. 

If Hibs don't get through the play-offs, and are still in the Championship, for yet another year, I think that it could destroy any confidence they had about this game.

If they win the play-offs, they could be over-confident, and we'll then destroy them.

Hampden is a large pitch, & is ideally suited to our type of play. There are more open spaces for the players to pass, & move into. Look at that 1st half against Them, Mo Johnson thought it was just like watching Barcelona. 

4 minutes ago, Thewhitesettler said:

If Hibs don't get through the play-offs, and are still in the Championship, for yet another year, I think that it could destroy any confidence they had about this game.

If they win the play-offs, they could be over-confident, and we'll then destroy them.

Hampden is a large pitch, & is ideally suited to our type of play. There are more open spaces for the players to pass, & move into. Look at that 1st half against Them, Mo Johnson thought it was just like watching Barcelona. 

In the interest of sporting integrity and all that the SFA have moved the dates of the play off semi and final till after the Scottish cup now so it's possible the they could still be in it without knowing what league they will be in next season. 

1 minute ago, 1690tamRFC said:

In the interest of sporting integrity and all that the SFA have moved the dates of the play off semi and final till after the Scottish cup now so it's possible the they could still be in it without knowing what league they will be in next season. 

I should've checked that, before I typed that pish, but, as you say, they could still be out of play-offs come the Final. 

Just now, Thewhitesettler said:

I should've checked that, before I typed that pish, but, as you say, they could still be out of play-offs come the Final. 

I think they will be, a typical hibs style bottle crash against Raith would not surprise me in the slightest mate.