Boss Dismisses Everton Link

RFC55

14 minutes ago, legalbeagle said:

I'm pretty sure that when we have a bad run we will have a bunch of posters who knew from his very first game that it would 'end up like this'.

Ah - with that I agree - but not ( I hope) after a SC defeat! ( even tho it would be a sore one) 

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It wouldn't surprise me if his name was mentioned, but I firmly believe there would be many more names higher up on their list of potential new managers. I do think Martinez will get the boot though, if nothing more than to appease the support who clearly want him out. 

29 minutes ago, legalbeagle said:

Given what the Everton fans are upset about, I really don't think MW's style would be the way to appease them anyway, seems like a daft story.

Exactly. It's what they are trying to get away from!!

It's just a bunch of journos down the pub coming up with names.

2 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Don't see this happening and I reckon he has too much to look forward to here. 

The one thing that does bother me is his family still being down south. I'd feel far more confident of him being here if his family were here permanently too. 

Likewise mate

1 hour ago, one55 said:

i don't think warburton will go anywhere even if it meant more money. i think the idea of rebuilding our team, implementing a good style of football, good scouting system, and getting us back where we belong is what he wants to do. if he was in it for the money he'd have stayed in england.

1 hour ago, BigDak said:

I thought the same but then his comments the other day about understanding players having to do what they need to do to ensure they can provide for their families and move around for the money made me wonder if he was setting us up for something.

I'd find it odd, not too mention disappointing, if he left this early as I thought and hoped he'd be here to build something special but that speech the other day has just made me wonder; not that he'd leave after one season but that he'd leave after next year if a good offer came along.

Frankly, if an EPL team came calling he would be off in a heartbeat.

In saying that I believe the story is barely believeable

Bad time to go to EPL cause fans will think any team can win it because what Leicester have done. Let that die down next season and one of the big 3 win it again then he might consider a move but hopefully we've won the league by then and Champions League football awaits so he stays for that.

He will go back south someday. No doubts. However I need to take the man at his world when he said he wouldn't have talked players into coming to Rangers if he was not going to be around. He ain't a pauper so me thinks that right now the money is not the be all and end all for him. He wants to win the league from CFC, get a crack at CL football and then he can head off with my blessing. He is less than 1 year into his project of changing the football philosophy and style at Rangers.In MW I trust!

4 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

"" style="border: 0px; vertical-align: bottom; background: rgb(227, 227, 227);">

Toffees eye Warburton...Gers boss target

By KEN LAWRENCE

10:00, 1 May 2016

comments

Warburton is wanted News Group Newspapers Ltd

MARK WARBURTON is a shock new candidate to replace doomed Goodison boss Roberto Martinez.

Everton chairman Bill Kenwright and new majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri added the name of the 53 year old to their hit list during a meeting 48 hours ago.

The Rangers manager joins Manuel Pellegrini, Mark Hughes, David Moyes, Sean Dyche of those who are currently being considered.

Warburton has just taken his fallen Glasgow giants back into the Scottish Premiership.

He also guided his side to a shock Scottish Cup semi final victory over Celtic.

Warburton made a big impact in his first job in charge of Brentford gaining a reputation as a forward thinking, attacking coach.

But the Bees sacked him at the end of last season before he headed to Scotland to oversee Rangers return to the top flight as Scottish Championship winners.

From the sun

Eddie Howe the Bournemouth manager was being spouted for the job yesterday, but he's not on the suns list, as for MW cant see him leaving Ibrox anytime soon.

If King and the board don't back the management team properly, then maybe he would think about it, but MW is looking to the challenges ahead like playing in Europe where the chances of him achieving this in England is unlikely, again I think its just more bluster from a shit newspaper.

13 minutes ago, mabawsa said:

He will go back south someday. No doubts. However I need to take the man at his world when he said he wouldn't have talked players into coming to Rangers if he was not going to be around. He ain't a pauper so me thinks that right now the money is not the be all and end all for him. He wants to win the league from CFC, get a crack at CL football and then he can head off with my blessing. He is less than 1 year into his project of changing the football philosophy and style at Rangers.In MW I trust!

Agreed mate - and he doesn't hide the fact that he's a Spurs supporter - and their manager has just signed up till 2021.  Can't really see money being the be & end all to him - so, I am sure he'll be around for some time to come - and when it does come, I would hope that SDW is capable to carry the baton from there.

WATP

42 minutes ago, NamibianBear said:

Do you ever read the match threads when we are losing?  You should.  A real eye opener.

Nae I don't read it win or lose - I just comment on the ensuing threads. Are there really folk wanting MW out? Weird! 

4 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

I think his budget would effect him more than his annual salary tbh mate. From.what I gather he's done very very well

What do you mean, mate. He's done very, very well in being promised a decent budget, or his own salary?

I wonder,  if Ally had brought us up last season and maybe won the Pertrofact Cup as well, would his name have been linked to these English clubs ? Doubt it.

Mr Warburton has won nothing of any real achievement, yet, if he wins the title next season then I can see just speculation