Big Wes

Smile

What's the opinion on him.

I like him personally and think he's improved since the season went on, especially his footwork,  the odd mistake here or there but done really well since his move.

Do you think he's been coached not to come for crosses now as early on in his career at us he came for everything now not so much, it was an aspect of his game i liked.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he has done reasonably well but he doesn't come close to the likes of Goram, Woods or even Alan McGregor.

He has definitely improved since he first arrived so hopefully he can continue to do so. 

10 minutes ago, Smile said:

I like him personally and think he's improved since the season went on, especially his footwork,  the odd mistake here or there but done really well since his move.

Do you think he's been coached not to come for crosses now as early on in his career at us he came for everything now not so much, it was an aspect of his game i liked.

They wee mistakes here and there will be done in vital games and against the tarriers and Euro games.

He needs competition.

He gets beat too easily for me . I think he is a good goalkeeper but I reckon we should be looking to get a top class keeper in even to push him and make him better , he's had a mixed season with some top drawer saves but equally he's had a good few poor games aswell . Have you noticed the amount of low shots he struggles to get near aswell even the shot the tim player got off the post before that cunt missed the sitter on the rebound it wasn't that hard a shot . Like I say mabye another good keeper might push him to be better 

13 minutes ago, Smile said:

YES.  Every keeper coached under Stewart appears rooted to the line and I dont  think it's a coincidence 

Neither here or there with him tbh.

Feels like most of the dirt on his gloves is from picking the ball out the net lately.

Happy enough to go into next season with him as the 1st choice keeper but if we can get in better then that would be great obviously.

On the whole good with the ball at his feet and with his distribution. Yesterday ha got away with one where he tried to control rather than just clearing.

For me a few too many goals conceded were saveable ie yesterday's first.

Could do with genuine competition. 

Pass marks but can do better imo.

3 minutes ago, BluesClues said:

Compared to Bell (and Simonsen) he's been great, pulled off some excellent saves for us, but he is prone to the odd mistake, not all of which can be blamed on the defence.

Overall, I like him.

Agree.Compared to what we had he is a far better keeper.Unfortunately he plays in a position that doesn't really allow time to adapt how you play.Mistakes are highlighted more easily and tend to lead to goals conceded.at least others have a chance to be bailed out of their errors( a great deal of the time BY Wes!).Happy enough with his progress but would welcome competition for all positions.

53 minutes ago, TopCat said:

I think he has done reasonably well but he doesn't come close to the likes of Goram, Woods or even Alan McGregor.

He has definitely improved since he first arrived so hopefully he can continue to do so. 

Such an odd comparison to make. "He's not as good as two of the best keepers we've ever had and Alan McGregor, an EPL level goalkeeper". He came from Swindon Town and he's 25, still young for a keeper. He may go on to reach the dizzying heights of Hull in the EPL, only time will tell ;).