cup final ballot

14 minutes ago, deco19761 said:

Spoke to someone else there. Even if there is a second ballot which  is unlikely people who were successful in semi won't get entered for that.  ?? Ah let's buy a raffle ticket and you win a prize. Does that exclude you from having another go with the tickets you have bought. A farce. .. 

If that is true it's absolutely scandalous. Seriously.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 29 April 2016 at 4:22 PM, KeyserSoze said:

I had two ST's in the ballot for the semifinals and enjoyed the semi on my own. 

I might also enjoy the final but my son won't be happy. 

:lol:

And now I know he won't be 

:lol:

Oh happy days 

25 minutes ago, deco19761 said:

Spoke to someone else there. Even if there is a second ballot which  is unlikely people who were successful in semi won't get entered for that.  ?? Ah let's buy a raffle ticket and you win a prize. Does that exclude you from having another go with the tickets you have bought. A farce. .. 

The club have fucked it quite badly with this tbh , i never got a ticket for the semi but atleast the ballot was fair , everybody should have been back in the hat for this one too  

I've now received my email to say I'm successful. Purchased my ticket before I got the email so I reckon the people who have don e the same we're all successful.

I personally think the way Rangers have done the ballot is the fairest way. As I'm sure if a ST holder got a semi and a final ticket and an other ST holder didn't get either then this certainly wouldn't have been fair. So excluding those who were successful for the semi was the best way to accomdate this. It is unfortunate though for those who got none. But that's what happens when your club have over 30k season ticket holders.

3 minutes ago, Blue1872 said:

I've now received my email to say I'm successful. Purchased my ticket before I got the email so I reckon the people who have don e the same we're all successful.

I personally think the way Rangers have done the ballot is the fairest way. As I'm sure if a ST holder got a semi and a final ticket and an other ST holder didn't get either then this certainly wouldn't have been fair. So excluding those who were successful for the semi was the best way to accomdate this. It is unfortunate though for those who got none. But that's what happens when your club have over 30k season ticket holders.

Mate what is the point of a ballot in the first place. Every one entered the race. Those who got lucky got.a ticket. The next race is on. Everyone should be allowed to enter it again . That's the benefit of.being a season ticket holder. To enter ballots if either work or family or financial issues prevented those from ticket the relevant boxes ie semi final final and cccs. You can't then just day no. It's my ball.eh everyone who got one last time fu k you... its.not right. At leat if there is a second ballot for say 2000 tickets them it those who were involved in the semi ballot, ie everyone should be able to go for them .. 

4 minutes ago, deco19761 said:

Mate what is the point of a ballot in the first place. Every one entered the race. Those who got lucky got.a ticket. The next race is on. Everyone should be allowed to enter it again . That's the benefit of.being a season ticket holder. To enter ballots if either work or family or financial issues prevented those from ticket the relevant boxes ie semi final final and cccs. You can't then just day no. It's my ball.eh everyone who got one last time fu k you... its.not right. At leat if there is a second ballot for say 2000 tickets them it those who were involved in the semi ballot, ie everyone should be able to go for them .. 

Rangers have tried to be fair here mate. I've been to every home league match few away matches and all the cup games all season and if I missed out then so be it. We have to many fans wanting to attend that's our problem. Personally I think they done it correct but that's just my opinion. 

I've ticked for the semi and final tickets on my renewal this year but I understand not everyone can guarantee that for personal reasons.

24 minutes ago, FALLINBEAR said:

I missed out on the semifinal and I've not had an email for the final. Looks like I've missed out again what a way to treat a loyal bear.Gutted.

That's life mate.

Same thing happened to me.

A problem when you have a large support.

No point in blaming the club for the Hampden ground capacity not being big enough 

54 minutes ago, FALLINBEAR said:

I missed out on the semifinal and I've not had an email for the final. Looks like I've missed out again what a way to treat a loyal bear.Gutted.

For those awaiting emails this is what Rangers say regarding payments etc:

Ticket prices for the South & North Stands are £35 for adults and £15 for concessions and West stand adults are £25 and £10 for concessions. Payment for your ticket can be made from Wednesday 4 May until Sunday 8 May and can be made via the Ticket Hotline on 0871 702 1972 (Option 1, calls cost 13ppm plus network extras), online at www.rangers.co.uk or in person at the Rangers Ticket Centre during normal opening hours.

Please be aware that you must select either ‘Special Delivery’ or ‘hold for collection’ when paying for your ticket as these are the only available options due to SFA rules prohibiting match ticket reprinting for games at Hampden Park.

Should you choose to collect your ticket please bring your smartcard(s) as proof of ID and allow at least 48 hours between purchase and collection.

1 hour ago, blueretro said:

I got a ticket £35................Anyone else that got one feeling slightly guilty that not everyone was included in the ballot? I still think everyone should have been included.

Not feeling guilty in the slightest as I think it's the fairest way to do it.

For any bears upset, would they trade their semi-final ticket for a final ticket and the answer for most would probably be no.

After missing out on the last two v Septic we got tickets for the final, its always going to be difficult accomadating our huge support, still cant understand why its a 50/50 split, Hibs will have 8,000 fans and 13,000 glory hunters if they manage to sell them all that is.

2 hours ago, FALLINBEAR said:

That's how a ballot works. 

There will a few who wont get tickets for either game but the club actively tried to ensure fans with ST's have had the best chance to go to at least one of the games. 

If we got to the semi final next season and played St Johnstone with a 50/50 split in tickets and won that match, then went on to play tims in the final. Would the club do the same thing in the ballot?

i know st Johnstone might not sell all tickets, but just say they did..

8 minutes ago, Blues Brother said:

If we got to the semi final next season and played St Johnstone with a 50/50 split in tickets and won that match, then went on to play tims in the final. Would the club do the same thing in the ballot?

i know st Johnstone might not sell all tickets, but just say they did..

They probably wouldn't need to ballot for a game against St Johnstone.

I never got a ticket for the semi final through my season ticket (although jammily chanced upon a spare), but I've been successful for the final.

Feel a bit guilty about it though, they should never have excluded those who were successful for the semi. If they were planning on doing that in the first place, they should have given folk the option of opting out of the semi final ballot to secure a better chance of getting a final ticket.

That being said though getting the ticket bought and canny wait for it.