Safe Standing At Ibrox

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

I see today that the filthy mudbloods are installing rail seating at Savile Row in time for next season.

Does anybody know if the board have ever considered this at Ibrox,and if not why?

It would be great if we had that installed as well.

Unfortunately my knees are getting a bit arthritic and standing from a sitting position is very painful. Standing all through the match has it's down side also, so being able to take the weight off your legs would be ideal.

I've heard all this being mooted before and I just wish we could have it. Although it would probably be a small area to begin with in some sort of experimental aspect.

2 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Any idea current capacity of the wee enclosure and what it could be if we had safe standing?  Or where else would be good for safe standing?

Safe standing wouldnt change the capacity mate as you have too fit the rail seats that lock up in place of the old seats

They are doing it to stop getting fined for their supporters refusing to follow safety legislation and sit down. Note it's in the area of their worst element of support. 

Would not be surprised if they received funding to pay for this seating due to their trialling of it for us. 

31 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Safe standing wouldnt change the capacity mate as you have too fit the rail seats that lock up in place of the old seats

It can do mate.

Why clubs should consider installing rail seats… No. 3

3. It can increase gate receipts. Dependent upon the wording of the relevant new regulations, space currently used for seating could be converted into space for substantially more standing spectators.

40seatedfans.gif

Current regulations (in what is known as the Green Guide) permit the space required for 40 seated fans in the lower leagues to be used by up to 72 standing fans, i.e. a ratio of 1 to 1.8. 

72standingfans.gif

Given such a configuration (80% increase in capacity) and a sell-out crowd, any price for a standing place at more than 55.5% of the previous price for a seat would generate higher gate receipts. 

For example (assuming 10% of a 40,000 all-seater stadium is converted to standing):

4,000 x seated fans at (say) £30 per ticket = £120,000

7,200 x standing fans at (say) £20 per ticket = £144,000

Potential extra revenue per game = £24,000

Potential extra revenue over a notional 20-game season = £480,000

Some German grounds work on a ratio of 2 standing fans per seating space, thus increasing revenue still further.

http://www.safestandingroadshow.co.uk/the-case-for-safe-standing/case-for-3

2 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

They are doing it to stop getting fined for their supporters refusing to follow safety legislation and sit down. Note it's in the area of their worst element of support. 

Would not be surprised if they received funding to pay for this seating due to their trialling of it for us. 

No they aren't. When have they ever been threatened with a fine for fans standing at the piggery, or given one? 

9 minutes ago, PRW. said:

It can do mate.

Not in Scotland though. One of the conditions of allowing the safe standing trial here was that the standing capacity shouldn't exceed the seating capacity. I think the filth are actually going to lose a bit of capacity due to the modifications they've had to make to exit stairs or some shit like that.

The Safe Standing Roadshow did visit Rangers back in February 2012 (along with the taigs, hearts, hibs, sheep and dunfermline). Although obviously we got a bit caught up in other stuff around that time to give it a serious thought...

Just now, Mojo84 said:

Not in Scotland though. One of the conditions of allowing the safe standing trial here was that the standing capacity shouldn't exceed the seating capacity. I think the filth are actually going to lose a bit of capacity due to the modifications they've had to make to exit stairs or some shit like that.

I'm all for it by the way. Obviously bringing the old dear back up to standard and stability on the park is more important but this should be seen as a priority after that. Would love to see the Enclosure and Copland Front as standing.

2 minutes ago, Mojo84 said:

Really? You got a link mate?

Didn't know that. Although I knew GCC knocked back the tarriers twice before finally accepting their proposal. So that must of been what they changed about it.

1 minute ago, PRW. said:

Really? You got a link mate?

Didn't know that. Although I knew GCC knocked back the tarriers twice before finally accepting their proposal. So that must of been what they changed about it.

There you go mate http://stv.tv/sport/football/289210-explained-how-safe-standing-would-work-in-scotland/