Has Warbs got the bug?

42 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Agreed it's the CL I think he wants, I reckon he will add another coupe of years on his contract end of next year and that will be him.

Of course you never know who might come calling. 

6-8 years is what I think we'll get from him.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He can learn from souness who left us for Liverpool and I think has said in subsequent interviews he regretted that decision. Would like to think he will be here for the long haul. Come what may no man is bigger than the Club.

A world record holding club, massive fan base, some of the largest home crowds in the UK

the only way IS down. 

I am always surprised that managers and players think the grass is greener somewhere else. A club like Rangers are just about guaranteed Europe most seasons as well as silverware. Too many have left to try elsewhere only to fall into mediocrity mid table boredom. Chasing the pound is what it nearly always comes down to. 

Although I have a feeling that the gaffer loves the challenge more than the cash and when the challenge becomes stale, he will move on. 

Being at this club gets inside your soul,  even some of the top players in Europe when lining up against us at Ibrox have been biten by the Rangers bug.  Perhaps we are underestimating his ability to get this team to perform,  this season he has brought a team of unfancied players together for almost nothing and they have played out of their skins and no one expected it with perhaps the exception being mw & dw.  In the close season he'll bring in new players and the process starts again,  hopefully in European competition. Who says that he can't emulate Walter and get us to a European final playing our brand of football?  We are no longer the park the bus type of side we once were....  I think that he loves being here and because he's not from here he understands what it means to be at a club as special as us and we wants to get us as far as possible. 

4 hours ago, Big Al II said:

He won't be here for 6 years with his wife and kids living down South, you can be pretty sure of that. Maximum he will see out his current contract IMO.

Warbs is a tactition.

There's no way he would uproot his midle aged wife and family on the risk which, to an outsider like Magic, we were a year ago.

We are no longer a 'risk' to Warbs. He knows the potential of Rangers and he is one of us now. If treated properly he could be with us much longer than his current contract.

Britain is a small country. With the resources of our club, a home should be bought for him here along with regular transportation provided to his wife and kids to their other home down south,  making it unnecssary for his wife to break all the ties she's made over the years.

7 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

His reaction to beating the Tarriers tells you all you need to know.

His interviews are now, that's not Rangers (if were poor), Were at home, were Rangers. 2nd is last etc tells you this man is fucking loving it here. I wouldn't be surprised if he was here longer than his three years. 

In that interview you could tell the OF game actually took him by surprise but the joy of winning excited him! Hope he's here for a long time! 

5 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

A world record holding club, massive fan base, some of the largest home crowds in the UK

the only way IS down. 

I am always surprised that managers and players think the grass is greener somewhere else. A club like Rangers are just about guaranteed Europe most seasons as well as silverware. Too many have left to try elsewhere only to fall into mediocrity mid table boredom. Chasing the pound is what it nearly always comes down to. 

Although I have a feeling that the gaffer loves the challenge more than the cash and when the challenge becomes stale, he will move on. 

I will forgive Mark if he moves on after 10 in a row and a triumvirate of champions league titles.

9 hours ago, Big Al II said:

He won't be here for 6 years with his wife and kids living down South, you can be pretty sure of that. Maximum he will see out his current contract IMO.

Davie Weir was with us as a player for a good few years with his family based in England.

I do hope that MW stays with us for many glorious years  to come.

If he decides that the offer of a job down south is right for him, he could leave with our blessing. However, Davie Weir should stay on as manager, and continue in the style, that Mr Warburton created.

I'm thinking about when Souness left us for Liverpool, his assistant, Walter Smith, took over, and led us to Nine In A Row. Hopefully history repeats itself, although Ten In A Row would be sweeter...

7 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

In that interview you could tell the OF game actually took him by surprise but the joy of winning excited him! Hope he's here for a long time! 

He was certainly buzzing with that win, I don't think there are too many players and staff who are here for any length of time who don't get sucked in.

14 hours ago, chris182 said:

Definitely. Unless the directors reneg on their end of the bargain he'll be here for three year. Well I suppose if someone offers crazy money for him the board would also have to consider. 

That's the only way I see him leaving. 

Think he'll be here the 3 years . . . . . minimum. 

My biggest fear is once he goes the style philosophy and structure goes with him.

my biggest hope is we go down the same route as Ajax and Barca and keep the structures and football style in place and its up to managers or next coaches to take the mantle and then the youth come through the ranks ready, plus it's just better being a positive playing team!!

im 100% certain we'll see couple good games in Europe playing passing football back at them and a humping to the tarriers with massive possession and utter dominance ! 

After his first taste of the Old Firm I think the reality of the size of the club and how much that game means to us has sunk in, David Weir could be the man to hold him down for an extra 2/3 years on his contract! Would love him to stay for as long as possible but on the other hand id like to see him leave a legacy at the club....

7 hours ago, gmcf said:

That's the only way I see him leaving. 

Think he'll be here the 3 years . . . . . minimum. 

Agreed mate, it will be a very sad situation if he and his coaching staff are sold dummies when it comes to the search for new talent in the transfer windows and the readies are not available to conclude any deals, making him look elsewhere to fulfil his goals.

Someone with his talent for bringing out the best in younger and older (Kenny Miller and Barrie McKay e.g.) players can only be expected to keep the momentum going with continued financial backing, within reasonable parameters of course, as we do not want to find ourselves in difficulties again, and if this balance is achieved it will allow us to repair our financial standing, which will in return boost the management and coaching staff's confidence to achieve the desired results our Club and support deserve football wise.

I'm hoping The Club's ambitions are enough to hold MW's interest and factor in him staying longer than his contractual 3 years.

:uk:

4 hours ago, Bobby Hume said:

Agreed mate, it will be a very sad situation if he and his coaching staff are sold dummies when it comes to the search for new talent in the transfer windows and the readies are not available to conclude any deals, making him look elsewhere to fulfil his goals.

Someone with his talent for bringing out the best in younger and older (Kenny Miller and Barrie McKay e.g.) players can only be expected to keep the momentum going with continued financial backing, within reasonable parameters of course, as we do not want to find ourselves in difficulties again, and if this balance is achieved it will allow us to repair our financial standing, which will in return boost the management and coaching staff's confidence to achieve the desired results our Club and support deserve football wise.

I'm hoping The Club's ambitions are enough to hold MW's interest and factor in him staying longer than his contractual 3 years.

Yeah. After years of mediocrity ( and that's me being kind ) , we've won a watch here .

With a relatively small budget , we are where we all hoped we'd be this time last year - promoted , and not just there to make up the numbers too , but with a very real chance of challenging for the major honours . I thought it'd take years to undo what had being going on for the last few years , but he that wears a magic hat has managed it in one season . The board know this , and I'm sure they'll give him a realistic budget to achieve what he wants - they'd be fools not to . 

As you say , MW knows how to get the best out of players , and , more importantly has an eye for younger players at a modest prices . He's shown he can get them to punch above their weight and beat teams , allegedly , worth millions  . A wee bit more in that budget , and we could do it on a regular basis :D 

2 hours ago, gmcf said:

Yeah. After years of mediocrity ( and that's me being kind ) , we've won a watch here .

With a relatively small budget , we are where we all hoped we'd be this time last year - promoted , and not just there to make up the numbers too , but with a very real chance of challenging for the major honours . I thought it'd take years to undo what had being going on for the last few years , but he that wears a magic hat has managed it in one season . The board know this , and I'm sure they'll give him a realistic budget to achieve what he wants - they'd be fools not to . 

As you say , MW knows how to get the best out of players , and , more importantly has an eye for younger players at a modest prices . He's shown he can get them to punch above their weight and beat teams , allegedly , worth millions  . A wee bit more in that budget , and we could do it on a regular basis :D 

What a relief he has been right enough ........ and that may just be the under statement of the year, he will go through the roof, estimation wise, if he manages to perform a similar conclusion to next season, here's hoping he succeeds.

On 5 May 2016 at 3:22 PM, Sam English Loyal said:

At his age would it not be better for MW to stay here for 6 or 7 years, then take a job down south for 6 or 7 years? 

I hope he stays well beyond his current contract. 

Slave driver - he'll be retiring at 67 on that timescale!

The better he does with us, the higher his stock will rise.

That will probably cause some 'offers he can't refuse'.

If a truly great opportunity arises down south, I could see him being tempted.

3 hours ago, HG5 said:

The better he does with us, the higher his stock will rise.

That will probably cause some 'offers he can't refuse'.

If a truly great opportunity arises down south, I could see him being tempted.

I think he will be off in a heartbeat if he doesn't get a decent transfer budget next season.

5 hours ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

I think he will be off in a heartbeat if he doesn't get a decent transfer budget next season.

Of course he will , but don't see that happening. The reaction would make the MA episode seem like an old lady's tea party in comparison. 

6 hours ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

I doubt that very much.He already knows what his budget is for next season.he would  have known when he started his 3 year plan just what his budget would have been,dependant on what success was brought in each season and he doesn't strike me as a man who would walk out on a deal he has signed but maybe others think differently.