Has Warbs got the bug?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Thermopylae said:

Was interested in Kenny Miller's article in the Times where he was saying that the manager will be here next season ... I can't help feeling Warbs has okayed that statement especially with Kenny being on the coaching staff now

He's a man of his word.he said from day one that he was at the beginning of a 3 year plan and I fully expect him to complete that 

19 minutes ago, kaiser1041 said:

He's a man of his word.he said from day one that he was at the beginning of a 3 year plan and I fully expect him to complete that 

If we have a good season next year including European football some pretty big clubs from down south may come calling. I always remember Graeme Souness saying that Jack Charlton spoke to him when he began to have success at Ibrox telling him to move because "you have taken them as far as you can and now the only way is down" ... needless to say I don't agree with that but the people inside the game are generally more cynical than we fans are

His reaction to beating the Tarriers tells you all you need to know.

His interviews are now, that's not Rangers (if were poor), Were at home, were Rangers. 2nd is last etc tells you this man is fucking loving it here. I wouldn't be surprised if he was here longer than his three years. 

Well Warburton said last year how can he expect players to commit to signing if he wasn't committed......well he's asked for 42,500 season ticket sales (big commitment from the fans) and he's also lined up 3 potential new signings (again if he is looking for those players to commit to Rangers then how can he do that unless he himself is doing so).

Warburton will be in charge next season and if successful I fully expect a new 3 year deal to be offered and signed and if we do well in the champions league that's when the EPL clubs at the top end of the table will come calling and he might find it too hard to resist.

3 minutes ago, Sam English Loyal said:

At his age would it not be better for MW to stay here for 6 or 7 years, then take a job down south for 6 or 7 years? 

I hope he stays well beyond his current contract. 

Scottish football and the hatred will eventually get to him and he will move on with our thanks. 

9 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Scottish football and the hatred will eventually get to him and he will move on with our thanks. 

If Mark Warburton manages to deliver what we are all hoping for and we are fortunate enough to get him to sign for another year I honestly think that will be enough from him as he will never get immersed in how we feel about the cunts across the city.

1 minute ago, scottyscott1963 said:

If Mark Warburton manages to deliver what we are all hoping for and we are fortunate enough to get him to sign for another year I honestly think that will be enough from him as he will never get immersed in how we feel about the cunts across the city.

If he gets us to CL group stages he will have achieved all he can with us stuck in Scottish football, the infrastructure that he leaves behind will be worth more than any trophies he wins with us. 

10 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

He won't be here for 6 years with his wife and kids living down South, you can be pretty sure of that. Maximum he will see out his current contract IMO.

I was wondering if he's now thinking about bringing them up? I suppose it makes sense with the reputation the Old Firm rivalry has that he would initially leave them down south but I'm sure he's now realised that (with the exception of lennon who deserved all he got) football people and their families can live in and around Glasgow with no problems 

I think people are forgetting that this gig is likely to be his biggest ever.

Folk can talk about Tottenham etc and that's ok because they are his boyhood heroes BUT they along with every other club down south, Man U aside are not as big a club as Rangers. Yes, each and every one of these clubs will have a budget that will dwarf ours in comparison, but the fact that MW is at one of the biggest names in world football along with that little word 'project' he uses from time to time will see him here longer than a lot of people think.

Only my opinion, of course. (tu)

1 minute ago, Mr Soprano said:

I think people are forgetting that this gig is likely to be his biggest ever.

Folk can talk about Tottenham etc and that's ok because they are his boyhood heroes BUT they along with every other club down south, Man U aside are not as big a club as Rangers. Yes, each and every one of these clubs will have a budget that will dwarf ours in comparison, but the fact that MW is at one of the biggest names in world football along with that little word 'project' he uses from time to time will see him here longer than a lot of people think.

Only my opinion, of course. (tu)

We are a huge club in a small shitty league he will eventually want to test himself down south. 

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

We are a huge club in a small shitty league he will eventually want to test himself down south. 

Totally agree with all of your post but he'll be here for a lot longer than 3 years, imo.

We also have the carrot of playing in the CL season after season as long as we finish top of our pile. For all the money in England, that sort of thing isn't as cast iron as it is up here.

1 hour ago, kaiser1041 said:

Definitely. Unless the directors reneg on their end of the bargain he'll be here for three year. Well I suppose if someone offers crazy money for him the board would also have to consider. 

There is absolutely no danger he will leave before this contract is up. That is enough. Win 55 in the next 2 years and let's see what happens.

The key point is maintaining these changes to style and recruitment behind the scenes irrespective of who the manager is. 

His style and philosophy is primed for a role in the England set up. I also wouldn't be surprised if he eventually ends up England manager.

I would love to think he would stay over and above his contract, but realistically speaking, I think Scottish football has slit it's own throat with the way they have treated it's most successful club, and this will become more apparent to MW during his time in the premiership next season, and the ill concealed hatred and poison from the other clubs and the so called press will be a major factor in his leaving us to return to England, and as others above have said combined with his family responsibilities I feel he will not be prepared to expose them to that sort of environment, plus I believe his family are not youngsters and would find it hard to leave their already established lifestyle down south. I hope I'm wrong, but it is a big factor. 

I hate to think of him leaving (before he has even played a game in the top division), but hope his stay is fruitful for the Club, and he leaves a playing style that can be carried on that continues to be a winning formula (when all the kinks are ironed out of course), and will just put his inevitable departure to one side and enjoy what he and his management team have brought to our Club so far.

:uk:

8 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

Totally agree with all of your post but he'll be here for a lot longer than 3 years, imo.

We also have the carrot of playing in the CL season after season as long as we finish top of our pile. For all the money in England, that sort of thing isn't as cast iron as it is up here.

Agreed it's the CL I think he wants, I reckon he will add another coupe of years on his contract end of next year and that will be him.

Of course you never know who might come calling. 

I think we're over estimating how people down south rate him. As it stands, when jobs come up he'll roughly be regarded as on the same level as Dyche or Pearson. Guys like Moyes Allardyce and Pardew will be higher up an EPL teams list. Scoff at that all you want, we know the wonders he's worked here but it's not necessarily appreciated as much down south.  That suits me fine if it keeps him here longer. Lennon won the SPL title and got Bolton, Strachan got Middlesborough and Alex McLeish didn't get much better either. All of them performed half decent in the Champions league too.