RTV HD - can it happen ?

5 hours ago, Creampuff said:

Surely it would have to be? I'd struggle to continue supporting Rangers if not. The worldwide fans deserve to see every non-pixelated inch of oor Nicky's napper!

Mind you it could be a health hazard if it's sunny and it glazes right aff his napper intae the camera 

I remember reading awhile back that RangersTV was losing money, but things might have changed now...

I hoped with the new partnership with Blue2 that RangersTV would of been next to get a complete overhaul. - But as said above if RangersTV is currently losing money then i would personally invest money into other aspects.Maybe look into improving the Ticket sales site instead, which is awful for a club our size, which seems to be using the same company from the Murray Days.

48 minutes ago, MuirhouseBear said:

It says something in the ST renewal letter that there's an upgrade to RTV happening. 

Cant find it to quote it exactly but it's along those lines. 

Not Received the Renewal Letter yet, But the club does appear to want to follow the same design over all media avenues going forward and Blue2 website mentions this:-  We’re busy working with the club on a number of exciting projects for the future.

54 minutes ago, MuirhouseBear said:

It says something in the ST renewal letter that there's an upgrade to RTV happening. 

Cant find it to quote it exactly but it's along those lines. 

Davie Weir is going to be wearing a GoPro next season.

13 hours ago, saltire266 said:

Good post, I mentioned this a while back. The size and quality of our club and fanbase demands that this is now the absolute minimum .Really we should be looking to take the brave step and do 4k streaming. I don't think many would mind paying 15 quid a game overseas if it went towards the cost of paying for some of the equipment.

Does anyone know what equipment we need to do this and what the costs would be? Maybe we could setup a fundraiser to at least pay or some part of it.The quality from our media department this season has been outstanding .

For that kind of money it has to be a tv channel, the internet sucks and at SD the picture is naff and the play sometimes looks choppy and below proper speed, A club the size of Rangers needs a proper tv channel.

it really should be in HD now. it's 2016 for goodness sake and 4K is becoming much more accessible as internet speeds increase and prices on displays drop. HD took off around a decade ago when Bluray/Playstation 3 came out.

i have no doubt that the cameras they are using are HD so i'd guess that the reason it is arriving at sub-HD resolutions is because of what ever way they are uploading the data or maybe due to server costs they can't use too much bandwidth/traffic. it's very easy nowadays to stream HD content. i can do it without much trouble on my PC (i do it for gaming) but again it comes down to the server side of things and the website itself. 

The tarriers games are in HD and charge £12 a month and that covers all the games???? So it can`t be too costly???! I just checked out of purpose! I pay for every game on rangers tv using a german proxy zenmate, £5.99 a time for any game i can`t get to or see on sky/bt sports. HD is a must for next season in this day and age. Think we are in contracts to alot of media compnay and pr departments through the previous regime? Hoefully Paul Muraay and DK have this on the agenda.

On 5/8/2016 at 3:00 PM, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

Than can't even get a wee scoreboard/timer thingy in the corner of the screen never mind streaming in HD.

Just about to say that.
Had it a few games when Green was there then it went.