Durrant gone?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Durrant and BOMBER WERE TO COACHING WHAT Sweeney Todd was to hairdressing.  

Always remember that Durant was one of the most naturally gifted players I have seen in a Rangers jersey.  Nothing Durrant did was taught it all just came naturally to him.  PerhaPs he thought all youngsters were like that making him a poor coach?

2 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Always remember that Durant was one of the most naturally gifted players I have seen in a Rangers jersey.  Nothing Durrant did was taught it all just came naturally to him.  PerhaPs he thought all youngsters were like that making him a poor coach?

In my experience.. some of the greatest musicians were the worst teachers. The good teachers had usually had technical, amongst others, problems to deal with and overcome. Durrant might be like that.. very natural.

35 minutes ago, Marky. said:

I'd be excited to have Warburton bring in his on youth coach. Youth development is one of his best abilities, and he will possibly have a name for the role in mind already.

Here's hoping.

If we can make an appointment on the coaching staff as good as was made for the scouting setup I.e. Mcparland then that'll be fantastic.

Youth development is crucial going forward.  There's no point in Warburton and McParland bringing in young talent if we're unable to develop those players.  Durrant was an imposter, just like McCoist, so get rid.  Let's go and find an actual youth coach (tu)

He told us in Jan he was going the plan back then was Miller took his place but he's obviously playing on now 

I like Durrant as a person but he's not a coach at any level IMO 

this was also his decision btw 

5 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Think you've nailed it 

4 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

If Durrant is so bad a coach why was he continuously employed under McLeish, Le Guen, Smith, McCoist and Warburton?

Inherited him or jobs for the boys maybe?

I've no ideas his abilities as a coach. Unless your close enough to that youth level at the club it's difficult to gauge. 

What I will say is MW is very different to the other coaches you mention in a tactical playing sense and I can understand him wanting his own people in to deliver that exact ethos in the youths.

Good luck to Durrant 

6 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Inherited him or jobs for the boys maybe?

For 11 years under 5 different managers and 5 different controlling boards I don't see how anyone can fall back on 'jobs for the boys'.

One of the most naturally gifted players I have seen at Rangers, who knows where his career would have taken him if not for that tackle as imo he could have held his own in any on field company, if  Mark Warburton has a better option then onwards and upwards but if Ian Durrant is moving on thanks for the memories.

2 hours ago, AlBear85 said:

If Durrant is so bad a coach why was he continuously employed under McLeish, Le Guen, Smith, McCoist and Warburton?

Honestly stumps me because he's never done a great job at any level 

Similar to journalists in this country there is a very lazy approach to identifying coaches and managers in that if you were a player either is your natural progression.  Not saying it never works but it often doesn't certainly if with little experience you are given a key job at a club if our size right of the bat.

Having said that, good luck to ID what ever path he takes in life.