Welcome To Rangers Jordan Rossiter

12 minutes ago, The Dude said:

FourFourTwo recently done a 50 best football league players. Fans were to vote for the best player at their club (iirc) and then it would be compiled. Windass was the only Accrington player to make it. Think he was in the mid thirties, I'll dig it out and check.

The thing I saw was this. The League 2 PFA team of the year, which had Crooks but no Windass.

https://www.thepfa.com/news/2016/4/21/league-two-team-of-the-year

EDIT: Oops! TMB already posted.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like this is happening, as Liverpool fan I'm gutted, I watch most of the academy/U21 games and too see a young talented scouse lad leave the club is a great shame.

But since I know an awful lot about how he plays and I'm sure you lot are clamouring for info I'd thought I'd share.

So what kind of player is he?

Jordan plays best in my opinion sitting in front of the back four in a holding role, he played there for our U21 side at just 16 and would consistently dictate midfield battles. He likes to drop deep to receive the ball, and use it intelligently off both feet, he's very two footed, he prefers playing the longer balls off his right but is very sound off his left, when it comes to short passing he has no weak foot, making it hard to press him. Defensively he is incredibly aware, his head is always seemingly on a swivel, and he is able to defend his box in key moments, cover the full backs, and when there is an opportunity, spring out of his deep role to press high and win the ball. He is used best as the 6 in a 3 man midfield, but can be used as the deeper player in a 2. 

Don't be expecting the "next Gerrard", he doesn't play anything like a young Stevie, he simply doesn't have the raw pace and power Gerrard has, but he is more aware defensively.

This is a player you want to use to dictate midfield's in a passing system, let your play go through him there's a good chance you control the game, smash it over his head everytime and you're just wasting him. 

Some things to consider

While he is highly rated, this is still a young player making his first steps into senior football, and one who has barely played in a year due to injuries, don't expect miracles straight away, especially if you decide to play him B2B, as he hasn't played that role much since he was 16, but if he plays to his potential, you could have PL clubs coming back for him for £15 million+ in a year or two's time.