Joey Barton at Rangers training ground

WMT

1 hour ago, Virtuoso said:

A poster on FF stated that Barton wouldn't move to Glasgow as his bird does't want to relocate the family and she's not keen on him staying up here all week. I know the poster in question and his bird does know Bartons partner.

If he doesn't sign, it will be interesting to see if he mentions that 'it's for family reasons'.

Good time to ditch her then? (tu)

9 minutes ago, the goal machine said:

Tbf, Weir's family stayed in England when he played here so them not moving up doesn't necessarily mean he won't sign.

I think Weirs family still live in Chester and Warbo's family still live in London so it probably would'nt be a deal breaker.

20 minutes ago, voltago said:

Read from a Burnley fan he is on 13k per week down there - although I can't say how reliable that is.

But if it is true, say they offer him 1 year at 15-20k per week vs us offering 3 years at say 10-15k per week, he would stand to make more with us over the length of his contract and can plant roots for his family.

I'd be surprised at that 13k figure - very low for a player like Barton, even in the Championship. 

He has said many times money is not his motivation though. 

3 minutes ago, DrLaudrup said:

I'd be surprised at that 13k figure - very low for a player like Barton, even in the Championship. 

He has said many times money is not his motivation though. 

I seen stats that no-one at Burnley earns over 20k a week, it definitely used to be not over 15k a week a few years back.   Very tight wage structure down there.

3 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I seen stats that no-one at Burnley earns over 20k a week, it definitely used to be not over 15k a week a few years back.   Very tight wage structure down there.

True 

it was reported boyd was on alot more at us than ings was on at burnley when we originally had an intrest in him 

Just now, Vwbear said:

True 

it was reported boyd was on alot more at us than ings was on at burnley when we originally had an intrest in him 

Ings was on 10k a week in the EPL. Seems Burnley is well run although unless they break that structure they will more than likely be a yo-yo club every season going up then straight back down. 

5 hours ago, Laudrup1984 said:

If it's primarily a football decision IMO he picks us. His next decision will potentially be his last big football career decision. So far as I can see the biggest pull of Burnley is playing in the EPL against a higher calibre of player. That's obvious. However the downside of that is he'll probably not be capable of playing every game. Even if he wanted he'll probably not be selected to play every game. Burnley will lose a lot of games. He'll not see a lot of the ball, he'll be continually fighting relegation and he'll certainly never win another trophy again. He'll also still be at Burnley!

Having won the championship he may now have a taste of silverware. He's seen us in the semi final and likes how we play. He could easily play a lot more games at SPFL level. He will win trophies. He will play in Europe. He will be able to nurture Rossiter and others. He can do his coaching badges. He will win the fans over IMO and be adored. We can also offer longer security in terms of length of contract.

Additionally and outwith football he will become a major deal in Scotland in terms of status. I think he'll like that and we also have the best golf courses in the land!

For me coming to us seems like a perfect place to come at this stage in his career.

In addition, warbs is a former stock trader, he knows exactly how to get the outcome he wants from negotiations, he is a master at that or he never would have survived on a trading floor.

Regarding signings, Paedo fc have gone out of their way in the past to sign players we're courting to try and embarrass us. And, considering the links others have mentioned re Barton's soft spot for them and, to some extent, his past antics, i wouldn't be surprised if the paedos tried such a coup.

However, i think Joey's respect for Frank, and his post wain maturity, plus the fact that Paedo fc are currently in limbo re a manager, all of these would seem to indicate such a coup is a no go.

1 hour ago, Dietspam said:

You think these guys would have a word with their partners or families before making the trek up. ''Where you off to Joey?'' ''Just out love, see you in a bit'' 3 days later.....''Hey love, how about a move to Glasgow? No? Oh shit..''

Would it really surprise anyone if a halfwit like Barton actually did this? 

1 hour ago, Dietspam said:

You think these guys would have a word with their partners or families before making the trek up. ''Where you off to Joey?'' ''Just out love, see you in a bit'' 3 days later.....''Hey love, how about a move to Glasgow? No? Oh shit..''

Wasn't so long ago a player could give his missus an old fashioned backhander if she made a fuss about moving clubs.

the above was meant in jest in case any fucktards are reading

3 hours ago, voltago said:

Read from a Burnley fan he is on 13k per week down there - although I can't say how reliable that is.

But if it is true, say they offer him 1 year at 15-20k per week vs us offering 3 years at say 10-15k per week, he would stand to make more with us over the length of his contract and can plant roots for his family.

I honestly think £10k is about twice what we have available for a wage .

3 minutes ago, scouseblue said:

I honestly think £10k is about twice what we have available for a wage .

The likes of Shiels and Templeton are reportedly on 7-8k a week. Bell, Law and Clark around 5k a week. That's over 30k a week gone as it is, and if we actually by some magic actually manage to get a fee for Bell then it's even more. I don't think people understand the laughable wages for utter shite, we were handing out. Numerous times what they've ever previously earned in their career.

Our wage bill at the moment is significantly lower than that we've had in the few years previous.

1 minute ago, Vwbear said:

I also remember couple of years ago that black was on 12 k a week and arfield was on 6 at burnley 

A quick google says our wage bill is around £8million-£11million a season.

Celtic's is closer to £40million.

Season tickets alone will more than cover our wage bill.