Joey Barton at Rangers training ground

WMT

2 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Few people in the transfer forum reckon this is a done deal.

If we can get the best out of him, then there is no doubt he could be a player for us.  I have my worries that he can't be tamed though.

I agree about the points you raise. This could be a good or a bad signing; it will be up to the player if he comes to do his best. I have reservations about this, but it's Mark Warburton's call.

4 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Few people in the transfer forum reckon this is a done deal.

If we can get the best out of him, then there is no doubt he could be a player for us.  I have my worries that he can't be tamed though.

He can't be tamed. He's 33 and a fucking arsehole 

8 minutes ago, SuperPapac05 said:

I honestly think if Warburton can reign him in attitude wise he'll be a great signing for us. Scott Brown trying to square up to him would be amazingly hilarious :lol: 

Apparently since he became a Dad he has screwed the head.

He is a horrible bastard of a man, his brother murdered a lad in Liverpool, the way his family conducted themselves after the guilty verdict was horrendous

As taig as it gets, that aside he is a good player who, according to experts is improving towards the end of his career

18 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

fb35ycH.gif

And that's just me lol 

seriously though I don't like him don't want him but MW is a great manager and no one went nuts when Diouf signed who is the same grain as Barton 

if he signs I'll still welcome him but he wouldn't be my first choice - simple as that 

A terrific signing if he does come to us  imo. I understand people having qualms about his past behaviour, but people can and do change. Lets hope thats the case with Barton.

If we had signed him this time last year we'd have had the same worries, but Barton would have proven those worries wrong if his Burnley stint is anything to go by.