Joey, yes or no ?

Bad Robot

Joey, yes or no ?  

649 members have voted

1. 1. Joey, yes or no ?

• Yes
    • No

7 minutes ago, DeanMK said:

Regardless of your opinion of him. He will take us to the next level. This is a serious statement of intent. A couple more signings of this calibre and I honestly reckon we'll be bookies favourites to win the title next season. This has put us in the driving seat here. We're only two signings in and are already looking like a strong outfit meanwhile the mhanky mob are still trying to find a manager who's first task is to sell or release half of their bloated squad. Remember that tiny speck of light we could barely see at the end of the tunnel back in 2012? Well we're fucking basking in it now!

Was saying that to my mrs. Warburton wants and is going to do everything he can to secure 55, first time of asking.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes from me.

If the Gaffer and Dave, who have no doubt already spoken to Dyche and got his views, plus Frank knows him anyway from before then it is a no brainer for me if on the possible reported wages.

All the ceptic links I couldn't give a toss about if he will be a man who can show the younger ones in our midfield how to play and how the game goes. A midfield general works for me and I am sure wee Rossiter will learn a lot from the player. Yes I am wary of his past reputation as well but I haven't seen him much the last two years so if he has turned a corner and calmed his shit down then he is a quality addition.

Some really embarrassing posts on here, someone he even described him as being able to "take us to the next level". Joey Barton? The guy that got moved on from every decent club he's played for? Totally average. Very rarely raised himself above mediocrity and if Twitter didn't exist he'd have faded into obscurity already. 

Horrible little scouse cunt. 

16 minutes ago, gsa said:

Some really embarrassing posts on here, someone he even described him as being able to "take us to the next level". Joey Barton? The guy that got moved on from every decent club he's played for? Totally average. Very rarely raised himself above mediocrity and if Twitter didn't exist he'd have faded into obscurity already. 

Yeah, being in the English championship team of the year is a small thing I will grant you, shows how bang average he is. Apparently was good in the dressing room and since he has become a dad has calmed down a lot.

Still your expert observation is well founded and puts in doubt our whole management structure in even considering this cunt of a man.

Maybe we need a change of direction on our management and scouts, the last lot did fine enough signing players......

No, no and no again. This guy is trouble with a capital T. I'm surprised that MW is seriously considering this one (if, indeed he actually is), but if he is then what I think is utterly irrelevant.

2 hours ago, gsa said:

Lol, shut up. Do you understand the level of players we currently have? No one in our current squad was or would currently be, if they left, in the championship team of the year. You can argue his personality means we should steer clear but he is clearly better than what we have.

1 hour ago, GrandSuckMaster said:

Lol, shut up. Do you understand the level of players we currently have? No one in our current squad was or would currently be, if they left, in the championship team of the year. You can argue his personality means we should steer clear but he is clearly better than what we have.

Barton's age and personality is what makes this move possible.  If he was 25 and a model pro he'd be outwith our reach like so many other players with his ability.  Football doesn't like him, it undervalues him, we'll take full advantage of that.

There is a Hibs forum I recently posted an appeal on for the 13 year old boy who recently died the Rangers fans are going to be giving a standing round of applause in memory of in the 13th minute of the cup final.  I posted there asking them to at least respect it and maybe even join in which there were no snarky remarks about and they seemed to be amiable to that.

But anyway, in just looking at that thread for fresh comments I noticed they are talking about the Barton story.  Here's a post from their Barton thread.

If Barton is going to them then that honestly is a fantastic signing! Burnley player of the year this season and they won the English Championship. Might be a bit older now but he is a class act who seems to have got over his temper issues. His wages though, must be way beyond The Rangers means? Seems they never learn.

If they're jealous which they obviously are with the lame wages remark then I'm all for it with reservations about his temperament.  They better keep him off the streets in tim infested Scotland because that could be a disaster waiting to happen.

3 minutes ago, THE_Ibrox_Preacher said:

Many of you that have had the misfortune to encounter one of my posts, knows that in that momentary "dilemma" of whether or not to read what I've said; that I've thought it through from angles and in depths other people on here do not for one reason or another. With this in mind I think it's escaped our attention that Joey Barton went to France and started speaking English in a French accent; What does this translate to if he were to don the red white and blue? Would Joey start speaking like Mark McManus from Taggart? Would he start inexplicably voting Tory? Would he form a disdain for Catholicism within the modern, secular and rational of today's Scotland?

Of course what I've said previously is in jest however it's worth remembering that Barton's biggest problem has always been everything bar his footballing ability.

When you list the pro's and cons I think it comes out a bit like this;

Pros;

• Joey Barton's footballing ability isn't and has not been in question throughout his career.
  • He has just made 40 appearances for Burnley in a season that has seen them win the Championship and in turn promotion to the Premier League.
  • He is one of 3 players from Burnley to feature in the the PFA Championship team of the year for that successful season.
  • He is 34 this year but evidently still capable for seasons to come while bringing the experience and mindset that such an age does; we are a team which has identified the need for some more of all of those attributes.
  • He is a midfield lynchpin that is known for having refined his passing and approach, getting stuck in tackling, for being professionally dirty or as being difficult to dominate; we are crying out to have that in midfield.
  • He is 'free', while Barton will not answer questions raised to Dave King's spending/investment promises he must be a stand out option in the UK to bring to a team what he does, at the level he does for the price attached.
  • Throughout the UK Barton is a known name and ability that, character traits aside, may signal an intent on our part as a club that tips the balance of decision making by prospective Rangers players in favour of joining us; This is something perhaps an injury ravaged youngster from Crewe may not be able to do for us and yet is overlooked by us mere mortals outwith the workings of the game.

Cons;

• It's Joey Barton and he has perceived and documented issues relating to decision making and mental stability, for whatever reason he is viewed somewhat as being scummy, thuggish, a dirty bastard and as being from a family of scum.

Now if you believe that there is clubs who have only taken the best characters as being their paid staff then you could struggle to reconcile Joey Barton in a Rangers top; if however you accept that nothing and no one truly operates on such an ideology then you have removed but the single reason we wouldn't take Joey Barton on board. 

Conclusion; For the money involved, the positives he can bring and his seeming willingness to come here; Barton must be viewed not only as an standout applicant but as great value for what he would be bringing to the table. We are in a season where we must make great strides in terms of our footballing capabilities if we are not only to avoid embarrassment on stepping up a division but are to genuinely challenge for the title and restore our reputation further; all the while it is generally recognised as being the case that we'll have to do this from a hampered position both financially and reputationally! With this in mind is there a candidate out there that ticks more boxes? Is there even an alternative on the same level? The manager too shouldn't escape our thoughts, so far he doesn't appear to have brought in anyone he doesn't have a handle on and I think that if he's willing to sign Barton, we must assume he's satisfied he can make Barton work to everyone at our club's favour and until we have real evidence the manager's judgement can be doubted, it has to be considered a positive that the manager is pursuing this signature with intent.

TL;DR Sign him up in a heartbeat while being acutely aware that his personal life and mental state will be picked at up here like a weans scabby knee so he cannot be allowed to fuck it up and detract from the mission (however hard some will try to get him to do just that). Aside to this Barton is not the answer to Dave King's promises nor a cure-all with regards to what we need to do this closed season if winning the League/Cups/European runs is genuinely the targets (incase anyone needs that pointing out to them)!  All in all as my good friend Chester Perry highlighted earlier, this signing would be a recognisable and genuine message of intent outwith making a tremendous amount of sense from the footballing perspectives.

I think we know already the questions that Scotland's finest journalistic minds will fire at JB. Again and again and again and......

Aye fuck it lets take him. 

seemed to have calmed down a lot on and off the field in the last few years and shown maturity.

Also, not a reason why would she sign any player. however it'll wind up every other fan in Scotland especially the tims, he's pure one of us don't you know  says on his Twitter and everything!

Nice to give everyone a massive get it right up ye