Arteta rumour?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Briton said:

We had this last week.  In the end it was insignificant, we would have won the league without it.  Didn't feel like that at the time though; the other game was still going on at 4-0 and one goal for them would have won it had it stayed 5-1 in our game. As it happens they didn't get another but Arteta's penalty was a great relief.

Aye, but the player didn't know that at the time. As far as he knew, we might have been behind at that stage. In his mind, that one kick could have been the league winner. So to say it was insignificant is doing him an injustice imo. Not saying this to you, as I think you are making the same point as me, but I think downplaying his penalty is a bit petty. That showed real bottle for someone who allegedly had none. (tu)

10 hours ago, LegendofCoop said:

Aye, but the player didn't know that at the time. As far as he knew, we might have been behind at that stage. In his mind, that one kick could have been the league winner. So to say it was insignificant is doing him an injustice imo. Not saying this to you, as I think you are making the same point as me, but I think downplaying his penalty is a bit petty. That showed real bottle for someone who allegedly had none. (tu)

No it's not doing him an injustice, it's stating a fact. Nor did I did play it down, I specifically said how significant it felt at the time. 

4 hours ago, Briton said:

No it's not doing him an injustice, it's stating a fact. Nor did I did play it down, I specifically said how significant it felt at the time. 

Well, to be fair you did say it was insignificant...and we would have won the league without it. Factually correct, yes, but only in hindsight.

5 hours ago, LegendofCoop said:

Well, to be fair you did say it was insignificant...and we would have won the league without it. Factually correct, yes, but only in hindsight.

Factually correct, yes, which ever way you look at it.