Frank McParland - Genius?

2 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

As much as we talk about our Gaffer and SDoW changing the structure, philosophy and memento of our footballing ethos at this great club, let us not under estimate the role our Head of Recruitment is playing in this revolution. Frank's ability to spot talent ahead of the rest, is almost visionary - his depth of knowledge of players and his eye for a bargain is a jigsaw piece that we as supporters have been gagging for, for years. (Not to mention the potential financial gain in sell on fees ) 

But the real vision is yet to be realised - when this team of talented youngsters pump everything in our road and deliver to the fans - 55

Frank McParland, we salute you sir....

_86617508_11415026.jpg

Lol........You must be sitting there thinking "WTF"? ?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, thebooler said:

Lol........You must be sitting there thinking "WTF"? ?

Well it's the way of things booler, folks have a right to be cautious after what we have came through... but my thread was all about the potential, I never said he was a genius but what I have seen so far (January window and now) all seems very positive. I can't wait to see Crooks, Windass, Rossiter more of Forrester and (possibly) Barton - and whoever else - all of whom have had great reviews everywhere you look, yes sure we will sign a few dud's (that polish keeper) - but for now I'm un crossing my arms...

WATP

2 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

ffs, which is why I put a question mark on the topic post...  erm let's start with Forrester then ... the potential of Jordan Rossiter, Crooks and Windass - and of course the yet to be realised MOH. He had a hand in them all

- he was also sporting director at Burnley FC now promoted to the EPL (do you think as sporting director he had a helping hand?) and with that will come (hopefully) Barton

I can see into the future, even if you choose not to...

Forrester was nothing to do with McParland. That was Warburton. 

If Windass, Crooks and Rossiter become a phenomenal success, then I would label McParland a genius. But now, he's not done anything to warrant that title. 

It's early days for him and this is his first 'real' transfer window. Warburton did the rest previously. 

ffs Some posts on here asking for clarification and what's he done.  Clearly, the guy knows a thing or two... and we're doing business that we should all agree is pretty damn good so far.  Genius?  No one is.. but the Jordan Rossiter signing was in fact.. a bit of genius.  Got him early.. beat others to it no doubt. (tu)

Just for clarity in this thread I never called Frank McParland a genius..... and I did say the vision is yet to be realised.. I was talking about the man's potential to fulfill something we have been gagging for... 

fucking worse than the daily record you lot....

4 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

As much as we talk about our Gaffer and SDoW changing the structure, philosophy and memento of our footballing ethos at this great club, let us not under estimate the role our Head of Recruitment is playing in this revolution. Frank's ability to spot talent ahead of the rest, is almost visionary - his depth of knowledge of players and his eye for a bargain is a jigsaw piece that we as supporters have been gagging for, for years. (Not to mention the potential financial gain in sell on fees ) 

But the real vision is yet to be realised - when this team of talented youngsters pump everything in our road and deliver to the fans - 55

_86617508_11415026.jpg

Somebody has to come up with a ditty for a short,happy baldy guy with a goatee beard who is making it happen at Ibrox. Cheers Frank

4 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

_86617508_11415026.jpg

With such quality at the club now it's only a matter of time before we will have a team that we can all be proud of :541:

27 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Warburton had worked with him previously at Watford and Brentford and had made contact with Doncaster before McParland joined Rangers. 

MW: "Hey Frank, I know of this young lad at Doncaster, played with us at Brentford, but left just after you arrived, Harry Forrester?

FMcP: "oh aye, heard a lot about him from my time at the club, he never extended his deal and decided to leave for newly promoted Doncaster?"

MW: "yup that's the lad, I think we should give him a short term deal to see how things work out"

FMcP: "OK boss, as head of recruitment I will go and do my best to recruit him in the January window"

MW: "good man, cheers"

#splittinghairsloyal

36 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

MW: "Hey Frank, I know of this young lad at Doncaster, played with us at Brentford, but left just after you arrived, Harry Forrester?

FMcP: "oh aye, heard a lot about him from my time at the club, he never extended his deal and decided to leave for newly promoted Doncaster?"

MW: "yup that's the lad, I think we should give him a short term deal to see how things work out"

FMcP: "OK boss, as head of recruitment I will go and do my best to recruit him in the January window"

MW: "good man, cheers"

#splittinghairsloyal

Fucking hell...Genius right enough. :clap:

4 hours ago, thebooler said:

He was also sacked by Liverpool as they overhauled their coaching side of things.

Was it a good move?

As a Liverpool fan i can tell you that is not true, he was sacked because he and Rodolfo Borrell were talking to Man City behind Liverpool's back, once the club found out both of them were sacked Rodolfo went to City and Frankie McP didn't.

51 minutes ago, Bears&Reds said:

As a Liverpool fan i can tell you that is not true, he was sacked because he and Rodolfo Borrell were talking to Man City behind Liverpool's back, once the club found out both of them were sacked Rodolfo went to City and Frankie McP didn't.

I went by this..................

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/10464678/Liverpool-sack-academy-staff-Frank-McParland-and-Rodolfo-Borrell-as-overhaul-at-youth-level-continues.html

2 hours ago, Rangers Lady said:

Can we no call him Billy please

That's 4 now

Billy O'Halleron , Billy Barton, Billy McPar, and Rob Williamson 

I've changed O'Halloran's first names to George Edward Henry. Good Royal names

G E H O'Halloran.

By coincidence, it's also an anagram of Oh, Orange Hall. :pipe: