Frank McParland - Genius?

As much as we talk about our Gaffer and SDoW changing the structure, philosophy and memento of our footballing ethos at this great club, let us not under estimate the role our Head of Recruitment is playing in this revolution. Frank's ability to spot talent ahead of the rest, is almost visionary - his depth of knowledge of players and his eye for a bargain is a jigsaw piece that we as supporters have been gagging for, for years. (Not to mention the potential financial gain in sell on fees ) 

But the real vision is yet to be realised - when this team of talented youngsters pump everything in our road and deliver to the fans - 55

Frank McParland, we salute you sir....

_86617508_11415026.jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

IMO he's been the gaffers best signing. For the last few years we've been crying out for young talent and now we've got the perfect team of Frank who can spot them and MW and SDoW who can get them to go out on the field week in week out and give everything they have for our glorious club.

to be honest I am waiting on the first "are Rangers spending more than they can afford/admins 2, 3 &4/ financial doping/making the same mistakes/Armageddon" pieces in the press, due to the obvious concern for our welfare thats endemic in scottish football.

5 minutes ago, Number6 said:

I may be ignorant and don't doubt his ability but who has he brought in so far that would allow him the genius tag?

Jordan Rossiter probably wouldn't have come without FMcP, a boy we will probably sell for about 50x what we paid for him. Barton looking likely is down to McParland and I'm sure most, if not all, of our summer signings, will be because of this man. 

1 minute ago, Number6 said:

I may be ignorant and don't doubt his ability but who has he brought in so far that would allow him the genius tag?

ffs, which is why I put a question mark on the topic post...  erm let's start with Forrester then ... the potential of Jordan Rossiter, Crooks and Windass - and of course the yet to be realised MOH. He had a hand in them all

- he was also sporting director at Burnley FC now promoted to the EPL (do you think as sporting director he had a helping hand?) and with that will come (hopefully) Barton

I can see into the future, even if you choose not to...

18 minutes ago, WGOH said:

Jordan Rossiter probably wouldn't have come without FMcP, a boy we will probably sell for about 50x what we paid for him. Barton looking likely is down to McParland and I'm sure most, if not all, of our summer signings, will be because of this man. 

as were our January signings tbf

Bit early to be saying he is a genius! As time goes on not all our signings will work out. At the moment our record is good though. However, what we can say is it is amazing to see what happens when we have a semblance of a proper scouting system as opposed to phoning up your mates. 

12 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

ffs, which is why I put a question mark on the topic post...  erm let's start with Forrester then ... the potential of Jordan Rossiter, Crooks and Windass - and of course the yet to be realised MOH. He had a hand in them all

- he was also sporting director at Burnley FC now promoted to the EPL (do you think as sporting director he had a helping hand?) and with that will come (hopefully) Barton

I can see into the future, even if you choose not to...

I'm just debating the point you've made, I didn't say you thought he was a genius. You talk of him as a potential genius and what we've been missing for years, he's not been here long and not been involved in bringing many players here.  I don't think we can celebrate him just yet but the signs are looking good. 

1 minute ago, Number6 said:

I'm just debating the point you've made, I didn't say you thought he was a genius. You talk of him as a potential genius and what we've been missing for years, he's not been here long and not been involved in bringing many players here.  I don't think we can celebrate him just yet but the signs are looking good. 

We definitely can.

Just now, Number6 said:

We can celebrate the fact he has a good track record but it's all about what he does for Rangers for me. 

He's already done a lot, with a lot more to come, he clearly has contacts that some people in his position would only dream of. 

Not only has he been probably the main reason why we got Rossiter but he would have been involved in the deals for Crooks and Windass, players who would never themselves probably considered coming here and players we would never have been linked with, and even if Barton doesn't sign again it's his influence and knowing the player that got him to actually consider joining us.

There is also the work he has been doing in the background already for possible signing targets and the contacts that he has which has been far superior than those we've had for a long time.

I agree that he isn't necessary a genius but he is at the very least a very influential man and part of a great team that includes him, MW and SDofW, it's the work of all three that is making us an attractive club to join once again.

32 minutes ago, DrLaudrup said:

Bit early to be saying he is a genius! As time goes on not all our signings will work out. At the moment our record is good though. However, what we can say is it is amazing to see what happens when we have a semblance of a proper scouting system as opposed to phoning up your mates. 

I didn't say he was a genius but...

1 hour ago, DrLaudrup said:

Sensible post. Just wait and see how these signings actually perform. So far so good though. Im sure we'll sign our fair share of underperformers, that is generally the way of things in football. As well as our management team did at Brentford they also bought Lewis MacLeod. Our management team/scouts may be impressive but they will sign the odd dud or two.

2 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

As much as we talk about our Gaffer and SDoW changing the structure, philosophy and memento of our footballing ethos at this great club, let us not under estimate the role our Head of Recruitment is playing in this revolution. Frank's ability to spot talent ahead of the rest, is almost visionary - his depth of knowledge of players and his eye for a bargain is a jigsaw piece that we as supporters have been gagging for, for years. (Not to mention the potential financial gain in sell on fees ) 

But the real vision is yet to be realised - when this team of talented youngsters pump everything in our road and deliver to the fans - 55

Frank McParland, we salute you sir....

_86617508_11415026.jpg

MWs faith in him speaks well but we've won nothing with his recruitment, seen nothing of his recruitment but all certainly positive.

If if the past has taught me anything with Rangers it's not to count our chickens. Let's celebrate when it's time.