Hampden memories.

markem

Right lads it's Scottish Cup Final week, and like most of you I am wishing every hour of every day away.  I know its been done before however let's get our favourite Hamden memories posted.........mines changed on the 17/04/2016.  I would never have thought any Semi Final would take top place and perhaps it because it's so fresh in the memory however it was a long time coming and I do not think as long as we live we will ever forget these two moments:

This, if we won, would be the most special for me of any Hampden visit and I've been to a load of top ones - Aberdeen final in 92, Celtic in the semi in 96, Lovenkrands cup final, Dundee United on penalties, Konterman semi and Jelavic final all my favourites so far along with the one a few weeks ago. But this would top it for various reasons such as we know we are back. The sweetest.

One of the strangest matches I've ever been to was the 2008 Scottish cup final. We were all just back from the madness and hurt of Manchester and losing the league the Thursday before this. QOTS pushed us to the end. You could feel the exhaustion of the players and support. Crazy season. 

Favourites, jeez so many, here are a few

1. DJ header and being behind the goal when he scored. Crowd around 112K
  2. Tam Forsyth cup final - brilliant day out plus coming from behind to win n front of Royalty - 122K  I believe this was the last cup final with over 100k at Hampden
  3. Best goal - Coop in the Drybrough Cup
  4. Scotland vs England 27th May 1972 -- unreal atmosphere in a 119K crowd with thousands of Bears in the Rangers end, many with tans, sombreros and stuffed donkeys still celebrating the events of three days earlier.
  5. 1980 cup final was special in its own way :lol:
  6. 1981 beating the Arabs in the cup replay
  7. 1999 Rod Wallace scoring to beat the scum, was home on holiday and only got a ticket about an hour before kick-off
  8. Oh aye, Willie Johnston sitting on the ball versus the beasts
  9. 78-79 I think when we beat Hibs to win the cup after not one BUT TWO replays.  First game 0-0,second 0-0 and the third game we won 3-2

ps Had completely forgotten about having to play Hibs in the Cup final with two replays till I started trolling the memory banks, who else was at all three games.   For the weans on here, dates were 12th May, 16th May and 28th May.  Wonder if it was better than penalties?

1 hour ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Favourites, jeez so many, here are a few

1. DJ header and being behind the goal when he scored. Crowd around 112K
  2. Tam Forsyth cup final - brilliant day out plus coming from behind to win n front of Royalty - 122K  I believe this was the last cup final with over 100k at Hampden
  3. Best goal - Coop in the Drybrough Cup
  4. Scotland vs England 27th May 1972 -- unreal atmosphere in a 119K crowd with thousands of Bears in the Rangers end, many with tans, sombreros and stuffed donkeys still celebrating the events of three days earlier.
  5. 1980 cup final was special in its own way :lol:
  6. 1981 beating the Arabs in the cup replay
  7. 1999 Rod Wallace scoring to beat the scum, was home on holiday and only got a ticket about an hour before kick-off
  8. Oh aye, Willie Johnston sitting on the ball versus the beasts
  9. 78-79 I think when we beat Hibs to win the cup after not one BUT TWO replays.  First game 0-0,second 0-0 and the third game we won 3-2

ps Had completely forgotten about having to play Hibs in the Cup final with two replays till I started trolling the memory banks, who else was at all three games.   For the weans on here, dates were 12th May, 16th May and 28th May.  Wonder if it was better than penalties?

I was at all three, "turgid" doesn't even begin to describe the first two. Between the second and third games we managed to throw away the league title against ten tarriers at the piggery. Attendances were 50,000 then 33,000 and finally 30,000. The game was in a bad state then.

Just now, harlands plater said:

I was at all three, "turgid" doesn't even begin to describe the first two. Between the second and third games we managed to throw away the league title against ten tarriers at the piggery. Attendances were 50,000 then 33,000 and finally 30,000. The game was in a bad state then.

Lads this isn't really getting into the spirit of favourite memories :D

This isn't a good memory and it's not anything to do with Rangers (apart from Mr Gough scoring the winner).

Pishing a rain in Glasgow in 85 and scotland 1-0 against england. Going into the stadium, I'd never been in the old north terrace before and thinking there was a stream running through the concourse I was quickly informed it's a river of pish. A shitehole of s stadium and it should have been demolished in the 80s

1 minute ago, jim white's a bear said:

This isn't a good memory and it's not anything to do with Rangers (apart from Mr Gough scoring the winner).

Pishing a rain in Glasgow in 85 and scotland 1-0 against england. Going into the stadium, I'd never been in the old north terrace before and thinking there was a stream running through the concourse I was quickly informed it's a river of pish. A shitehole of s stadium and it should have been demolished in the 80s

Is there not some Tartan Army message board you can share that special moment with?

2 minutes ago, jim white's a bear said:

Jeez we've got another wan doh :D

Right lads I am going to start another thread - 'dreadful hampden memories'

'River of pish' :drugang:

Just now, markem said:

Right lads I am going to star another thread - 'dreadful hamden memories'

Where the fucks hamden ya mongo :D

And yes, I waded through that pish in my youthful innocence happy as fuck

7 minutes ago, markem said:

Right lads I am going to start another thread - 'dreadful hampden memories'

hey that Hibs three-game affair was 270 minutes or so, much of which was shite, but we won in the end so it ultimately qualifies as a good memory.

2 hours ago, Young Bob said:

Winning The Battle of Hampden in 1980.

That was one crazy afternoon - I remember a guy with a red, white & blue mohican running at the wall of Tims after the game and all hell broke loose!

The air was thick with bottles flying everywhere... just mental...

:ukflag:

6 minutes ago, jim white's a bear said:

Where the fucks hamden ya mongo :D

And yes, I waded through that pish in my youthful innocence happy as fuck

Hoi pishy feet, could we no have started at typo before going straight to Mongo :D