Safe Standing at Ibrox

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, WilliamFyfe said:

If it works for them next year, do you think Rangers will consider it?

Where would it work for Rangers?

BF1/BF2 or under the TV?

I mentioned it in relation to mitigating the reduction of capacity when Rangers start to comply with the forthcoming UEFA requirements in regards to wheelchair facilities and was told it simply wasn't going to happen.

Strange it was subsequently used as one of the main selling points of Club1872 eh?

We should see what kind of demand there is for it then try to get the whole bottom of the Copland turned to standing. Fuck doing it in Broomloan front, the tims get that stand and fuck giving them the standing section.

Been saying for years we should do this. My season is still in the east enclosure which was the last standing part in ibrox.

It killed the atmosphere in the enclosures. Would love standing back at ibrox

9 minutes ago, StublueKPL said:

Been saying for years we should do this. My season is still in the east enclosure which was the last standing part in ibrox.

It killed the atmosphere in the enclosures. Would love standing back at ibrox

Not just in the enclosure. Never going to happen but I much preferred the old grounds where the only place you didn't stand was the stand!!!

3 minutes ago, Three stripes said:

Last place it should be is BF1,that's where away fans should be put.

Idealy the Copland front should be safe standing.

Yea I dont know why folk keep saying BF1, is it just because the UBs sit there? Would be better in the Copland or even better maybe the whole front of the main stand, being in a standing section under the stand would be bouncing.

At the end of the day standing up is dangerous in itself let alone at a football match, I mean im 5'10", I could die if I hit my heid from that height! Thats before I mention all these psychos walking about at 6 foot plus not even giving a fuck about the danger.

There are better things to spend cash on than ripping out seats and putting in ones that allow a standing area at some games, don't forget a standing area will not increase the capacity in the area of the stadium where they would be installed. As a club we have to strengthen the squad and of the field thare are still plenty of thing to be sorted out that may require cash.

22 minutes ago, The Educator said:

There are better things to spend cash on than ripping out seats and putting in ones that allow a standing area at some games, don't forget a standing area will not increase the capacity in the area of the stadium where they would be installed. As a club we have to strengthen the squad and of the field thare are still plenty of thing to be sorted out that may require cash.

Safe standing does increase capacity, specifics were  posted recently with details including a nice wee diagram.

2 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Safe standing does increase capacity, specifics were  posted recently with details including a nice wee diagram.

Was there not something in rules stating it could only be 1:1, even though it could handle more?

5 minutes ago, RyanMac said:

Was there not something in rules stating it could only be 1:1, even though it could handle more?

The outline of this that I saw was that the same number of folding seats would replace the fixed seating, and the number of tickets sold would represent the number of seats installed. Therefore no increase in capacity.

3 minutes ago, The Educator said:

The outline of this that I saw was that the same number of folding seats would replace the fixed seating, and the number of tickets sold would represent the number of seats installed. Therefore no increase in capacity.

I'm sure after a probation period this would be reviewed to allow more capacity, however as it stands I've read the same as you. Let that lot waste their money being the guinea pigs, only when it becomes financially advantageous should we consider it. 

If it were to happen though I'd love the whole Copland, like the Westfalenstadion. 

12 minutes ago, The Educator said:

Plus it needs to be converted back to seating for european games

There are loads of examples on line, here is just one

Stadium A

Current capacity: 35,000

Two-tier stand behind each goal

Lower tier of the ‘home end’ (3,500 seats) converted to safe standing

A section of the ‘away end’ (1,750) converted to safe standing

Total seat spaces converted: 5,250 (15% of capacity)

Total standing spaces created: 9,450 (5,250 x 1.8)

Revised total capacity: 39,200 (+4,200, i.e. +12%)

Example seat price: £25

Example standing price: £18

Total gate receipt potential before: £875,000 per match / £17.5m per 20 games

Total gate receipt potential after: £913,850 per match / £18.25m per 20 games

Potential gate receipt increase per 20-game season: £750,000

Potential total extra revenue (incl. spend on drinks etc.): £1.4m