A question regarding potential European Football

Gaz52

Just now, G.E.C. said:

Theres a chance of us and the taigs playing in the EL group stages.

We win, they compain about the colour of Barry Mckays shoelaces which cost them the game, UEFA reinstate them.

2 hours ago, BF2 said:

Just depends on how teams treat them really.  West Ham totally chucked the qualifiers this season.  An English team should be winning it every year when you look at their budgets compared to the rest of the teams in the EL but they never seem to take the competition seriously.

Eh? Liverpool in the final tonight. :D

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Thought it was the same as the CL, were you couldn't get someone from your country until second knockout round.

Don't think he means we'll be in the same group mate

I think it has less to do with freemasonry,  and more to do with UEFA directives relating to sheep-shagging teuchter cunts. Apparently the whole bestiality thing is frowned upon in Geneva, who see little point in pumping sheep when they could spend all their time arranging bungs and back dated payments for work that was never actually done. 

Personally though I don't give a fuck at which point Aberdeen get knocked out. 

8 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

Am I right in thinking that if we win on Saturday, we'll go in to the second qualifying round of the Europa? Where as Aberdeen and Hearts go in to the first qualifying round?

I'm not complaining if we get there - but why do we skip a round, I thought if anything second place Aberdeen would go in last and Scottish Cup winners first? Is it a big masonic conspiracy? 

I can neither confirm nor deny that this was the chief point of business at lodge 307 union and and crown Barrhead last night.... 

7 hours ago, BF2 said:

Just depends on how teams treat them really.  West Ham totally chucked the qualifiers this season.  An English team should be winning it every year when you look at their budgets compared to the rest of the teams in the EL but they never seem to take the competition seriously.

Teams like West Ham and Southampton didn't take it seriously this season so they could concentrate on their league form so they could qualify for ... the europa league ironically. I just don't get it why they don't have a serious go at the competition with their resources they could go quite far

Just now, GlasgowsBlue said:

Teams like West Ham and Southampton didn't take it seriously this season so they could concentrate on their league form so they could qualify for ... the europa league ironically. I just don't get it why they don't have a serious go at the competition with their resources they could go quite far

Comes down to money and I think the main thing for a team like WHU or Southhampton is to maintain EPL status and stay comfortable if possible in the top half. Too much money in the EPL and it's not doing the game any favours. 

The CL place for the winner now on offer is a better carrott but winning it is a big ask and going for it with a light squad is a gamble.