20 years ago today

NeoGeo7

surprised there was no mention of this. His great would it be to repeat the scoreline against an Edinburgh team on Saturday. Miller double instead of laudo and Waggy hat trick instead of Durie.

was some final (although I was watching on the tele)

Forgot how one sided that game was, if not for the combination of missed chances and great saves, could have been 10-1.   Easy to forget, till you see clips like that, just how good Gazza and Laudrup actually were.  Two of the greatest players to have ever worn the famous jersey, honored to have seen them play.  

23 hours ago, NeoGeo7 said:

What always seems weird is the numbers the players got because you didn't get squad numbers.....I mean you'd never think Ian Ferguson was a No. 9.

If I remember correct Fergie was originally supposed to be one of the subs but somebody Ally possibly got injured in the warm up so Fergie got his place in the starting line-up hence the number 9 shirt

20 year's ago!  Fucking hell. 

I completely forgot that gazza was playing that's day,  such was the performance from Laudrup.  A truly sensational signing by Smith,  a singularly extraordinary player.