Ryan Hardie Next Season?

What would you like to see happen with him?

I can't see him being a big part of our first team so I'm hoping he goes out on loan again, I'm just not sure where I'd like to see him loaned to.

On one hand Ray McKinnon is a pretty well thought of coach and he clearly trusts him which I think a player that age needs to make the step up from youth team/reserves to first team so I wouldn't mind him taking him again and continuing to work him.

On the other hand, he's the Dundee Utd manager now and while people might say it's cutting off your nose spite your face. I don't want them getting anything from us.

What do you think we should do with Hardie next season?

I think a lot of it will depend on whether or not we sign a new striker or two, I personally think he should be more involved with our first team and if Clark is released this should give him a better opportunity.

We will need a larger squad next season with possibly a bit more rotation and because of that he might get more of an opportunity to show what he can do.

Would be good to see him get the chance on the bench, however, I'd like him to go to a team like Hamilton or Partick Thistle a team nearer the bottom of the league and still have his say in how quick we win 55 ;).

I think it'll be too early for Hardie. Given the demands we're likely to have next season, he needs to go on loan for another year to prove himself conclusively. I'd hope he'd get a loan to a top division team next season. (Blatant copy and past of my answer in the transfer section).

Hardie was one of the main reasons that Raith were the form team at the tail end of the league. He did far more in his short stint at Raith than Clark did in a whole season playing for the runaway championship winners. If it wasn't for Hivs attitude towards our club I would say they would be an ideal loan move for him as he will see a lot of the ball rather than the balls constantly played over the top at Raith. Maybe a Hardie loan to the spoon burners as part of the deal for Cummings.

Unless he shows something in pre-season that can't be overlooked, ala Barrie McKay, he should be sent out on loan to develop.

We should be after a top striker this summer to help Waghorn, I personally can't see Hardie being that man. Sitting on the bench or playing reserve team football does nothing for his development.

Hardie is going to succeed somewhere and I hope it is at Rangers but he needs to start showing it with us next year. I hope he stays and gets on from the bench and some cup starts to build up his experience.

I know Warburton views loans differently to many other managers but I think if Hardie goes out next season he'll likely be done with us.

If he isn't going to feature in the first team, he will need to go on loan at a higher level than Raith Rovers are able to offer, to further his development.

A bigger team challenging for the Championship title, be it Dundee United, Hibs or Killie, would obviously be a step up from Raith.

Opinions of those clubs is absolutely irrelevant when it comes to developing our players.

I'm not sure if a club expected to battle against relegation in the Premiership (anyone other than Celtic, Aberdeen and Hearts) would be interested in him yet.