Most bizarre signing?

G.E.C.

5 minutes ago, BEE said:

Daly had a good goals to game ratio to be fair to him.

He sat for a year doing fuck all because of his knees.  There was no need to sign Daly in the first place we could've just kept Little for another couple of years.  It was a shite signing.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

55 minutes ago, hammer time said:

Mel Sterland was a bit of a strange one, stayed about 4 months did well and then sold to someone down south for I think about the same money we paid for him

Did he not score two in a league winning match against hearts? I think Drinkell got the other two.

2 hours ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Nuno fuckin Capucho.

Someone must have thought it would be a good laugh to sign a footballer who couldn't run.

Remember being quite excited when we signed him.  Played for Porto against them a couple of years previous and he was sensational, absolutely ripping them apart.  Never saw any of that ability in his time with us though, hardly seemed like the same player.

1 hour ago, WadeWilson said:

We signed Luigi Riccio who was Gattuso's pal from Perugia.

And of course the masterplan was when Bougherra was signed just so we could snare the mercurial genius of Salim Kerkar.

Salim+Kerkar+Celtic+v+Rangers+N2UgsIG0z8

Gattuso came along with Negri as well if I mind right 

4 minutes ago, Willis said:

Ian Black in hindsight

Fuck all to do with hindsight.  Ian Black was 28 when we signed him and he was shite then, always had been shite.  Ally made him out to be our priority signing and he's totally fucking gash.  The fans wanted a change in philosophy but were instead handed cunts like Kyle and Black.  Thank God it's over.

36 minutes ago, brazz1972 said:

World cup winner wasn't exactly bizarre

Was he not meant to sign for us but went to Newcastle last minute and after 6 months on a bench at Newcastle signed for us. Think he had one good game against st.Johnstone apart from that waste of space 

59 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

He sat for a year doing fuck all because of his knees.  There was no need to sign Daly in the first place we could've just kept Little for another couple of years.  It was a shite signing.

We had Little and Daly in the same squad so that argument is daft, the year he was fucked was his second season.

Think of the money that our club has thrown down the pan at the crowd o shite mentioned in this thread. I mean some of these guys didn't kick a ball!! Some, even based on their body language you could tell just were not footballers. Some clearly well beyond their footballing days.... Unbelievable the amounts of money we pished against the wall... I genuinely believe there is no other club in the world that has done such poor business. I just hope our current management team are here for the long journey and names in these threads will fade in our memories. WATP lets get the treble done lads

18 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Fuck all to do with hindsight.  Ian Black was 28 when we signed him and he was shite then, always had been shite.  Ally made him out to be our priority signing and he's totally fucking gash.  The fans wanted a change in philosophy but were instead handed cunts like Kyle and Black.  Thank God it's over.

Black was a player of the year candidate and man of the match in a 5 1 in a Scottish cup winning team 

he wasnt shite then 

3 minutes ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

Even coming off the night shift and picking up the paper in the shop I couldn't believe it.

Partly cause it was the Sun that ran the story and they still had headlines like "Nessie found on the moon " and shit like that, Johnston signing was just as unbelievable. 

4 hours ago, VERITAS VOS LIBREBETS said:

Just thought he was a waste of 12 million, maybe you are right, not the most bizarre though.

Didn't we sell him for £6m though?