Warburton

james_85

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck sake man some people need to get a grip.  The job Warburton has done this season has been fantastic. We've had some bad performances but when you consider the team that he inherited and the time he had to sort it out he's been outstanding.

I don't think anyone would have turned their nose up at the league,  petrofact beating celtic and getting to a final if it was offered at the start of the season. 

Just now, reallyruff said:

Thought Tav bore a lot of responsibility for the result, out of position leaving Kiernan exposed at first goal, soft as white at second. As a whole, other than Miller and Zelalem, the team didn't seem up for it and allowed Hivs to dictate how the match was played.

Other than Miller everyone else was well off it for whatever reason. I wouldn't put any more emphasis on Tav for the result. Kiernan was so shite in the first half it was untrue. Fucking making stokes look good is hard as fuck.... Fuck the cup.

7 minutes ago, callumbo87 said:

My issue with him is his lack of a plan B.

Teams know we like to keep posession and so it in front of us denying chances and hitting us on break etc.

We have been shit for the last few months and he still plays the same way, slow ball being moving backwards and sidways.

Fir enough if your Bayern but they have world class players who move the ball fast and create tons of chances, I can count on one hand our good chances today.

Hibs had a shed load more.

If he sticks like this next season we will get turned over by a fair few teams.

Best post ive read for a long time and spot on.

He has a lot t

3 minutes ago, Super1872 said:

Fuck sake man some people need to get a grip.  The job Warburton has done this season has been fantastic. We've had some bad performances but when you consider the team that he inherited and the time he had to sort it out he's been outstanding.

I don't think anyone would have turned their nose up at the league,  petrofact beating celtic and getting to a final if it was offered at the start of the season. 

Well said sir!!

Believe it or not this will work to our benefit in the long run. A bit like losing out on promotion last season.

A big learning for our players and Manager. Also a big reality check for how strong our squad actually is.

The gaffer has been superb and I have absolute confidence in him and the team he has and is building. That said we could do with a plan B and the players to execute it. Defence needs sorted out, a DM and a big guy up front to come of the bench when we need to go more route 1. 

Lack of games showed today. We where miles of the pace. 

5 minutes ago, Super1872 said:

Id rather dundee fucked us at ibrox now

1 minute ago, Banner said:

The gaffer has been superb and I have absolute confidence in him and the team he has and is building. That said we could do with a plan B and the players to execute it. Defence needs sorted out, a DM and a big guy up front to come of the bench when we need to go more route 1. 

Lack of games showed today. We where miles of the pace. 

So what about the shite games pre end of season break

I still trust but i agree the sub was piss, zelalem was out standing for the 1st time this season. Its sore to take. Scotlands co-efficient is more than fucked now, we have not won a game in 9 not acceptable, 

from a + we only have the league to concentrate on. But fuck me what an embarrassment, if joey signs now then i commend him 

There have been far too many bad results and shit performances for us to disregard the fact that this style of play is overcame by parking the bus and countering.

We desperately need a right back who can defend and two competent centre backs.

We have become utterly predictable and we need to adapt the way we play football.

12 minutes ago, reallyruff said:

Thought Tav bore a lot of responsibility for the result, out of position leaving Kiernan exposed at first goal, soft as white at second. As a whole, other than Miller and Zelalem, the team didn't seem up for it and allowed Hivs to dictate how the match was played.

Kiernans defending at first goal was beyond pathetic..

Not having a Plan B and just insisting that we do Plan A better is one thing.   But not being able to motivate the players to do Plan A better is a bit concerning.    They did not turn up today.  Can't blame tiredness - they've had a grand rest.  Can't blame preparation - or can we?  A closed doors game against Spurs - was that enough?   Clearly - so very clearly - the players were not well prepared for the game today.   Hunger absent, desire absent, will to win absent, will to be the best they can be absent.   So this was a performance by the team and by the Manager that was well well short of the expectation that the Support had.   Miles short.

Looking ahead,  unless there is a material improvement in squad quality other teams will have worked out how to play Rangers - you've only got to look at the latter part of this season to see that even Championship clubs had worked it out.   If the quality of player available for selection next season is not improved then it is quite possible the road to achieving 55 may be longer than many think.      

King was there today.  Whether we like it or not a fair bit of getting to 55 depends not only on stopping pretending there is only one Plan A in the football toolbox for winning leagues and cups, another part of it is we have lost a heap of money from players who walked and from the opportunities in the last 4 years to compete for European football and the Premiership title.   That loss can be calculated by the Board.    They need to make serious dosh available to obtain a materially improved squad.    And if MW remains too one-dimensional Plan A and only Plan A then that may not be to his advantage if he cannot motivate players to give their very best under Plan A in games like we saw today.   He did not succeed today. 

Tbh Im raging that he wasn't on the line to clear Gray's header.

The least he could have done was got the ball from the kick off after, dribbled it around the entire Hibs team, pants'd Stubbs, popped over to Donegal kicked Lennon in the balls and then scored an overhead volley from the half way line.

Warburton has done a fantastic job. I still have complete faith in him. 

We'll be fine next year, the problems will be addressed, we need quality and strength in depth so when we are struggling like today we can bring on quality and change the game.

Defending today. Fucking abysmal.