Tavernier.

On 21/05/2016 at 5:41 PM, seb1972 said:

just back from game shocking display.

zelalem only player that turned up (never thought id say that) then gets subbed.

Tav made that terrorist look like messi today

Miller?

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It pains me to say it but I agree with the posters who suggest Tav isn't good enough to play for us in the SPL. He is at best a back up player.

We need someone better at defending at full back than our high scoring defender.

2 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

I apologise if that comment offended you, or anyone for that matter but I was just trying to get my point across using exaggeration

Wouldn't wish prostate cancer on anyone  

I wasn't offended. Just thought it was hilarious 

5 minutes ago, rangersforever11111 said:

The guy is to put it nicely pish! !! He can't defend for shit and let's be honest he's average going forward. His positional awareness leaves a lot to be desired. and better is required if we want to mount any serious title challenge. 

:lol:

No one told young Tierney obviously

2 minutes ago, rangersforever11111 said:

The guy is to put it nicely pish! !! He can't defend for shit and let's be honest he's average going forward. His positional awareness leaves a lot to be desired. and better is required if we want to mount any serious title challenge. 

Not as 'average' as the rest of the team. Remarkable 'average' for a fullback. I take it Wallace is just plain shite going forward, then?

Goals

Martyn Waghorn - 28

Kenny Miller - 21

James Tavernier - 15

Jason Holt - 12

Lee Wallace - 10

Assists

James Tavernier - 23

Barrie McKay - 15

Lee Wallace - 11

Kenny Miller - 11

Jason Holt - 9

5 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Not as 'average' as the rest of the team. Remarkable 'average' for a fullback. I take it Wallace is just plain shite going forward, then?

Goals

Martyn Waghorn - 28

Kenny Miller - 21

James Tavernier - 15

Jason Holt - 12

Lee Wallace - 10

Assists

James Tavernier - 23

Barrie McKay - 15

Lee Wallace - 11

Kenny Miller - 11

Jason Holt - 9

Right fair enough he's a bit better then average going forward. But a defender is supposed to be able to defend which Tav can't do. We need 3 new defenders that will go straight in to the team

13 minutes ago, rangersforever11111 said:

Get this fuckpig banned. Even on a thread where half the folk are slagging our player you rancid fucks stick out like a sore thumb 

1 minute ago, Goianegra said:

This place has been crawling lately.

Usually is after we lose an important game.

Accounts that have been in slumber for an age suddenly become active again while new members seem to dive right into tearing into us from the off.

The cynic in me says there is treachery a foot!

17 minutes ago, rangersforever11111 said:

Right fair enough he's a bit better then average going forward. But a defender is supposed to be able to defend which Tav can't do. We need 3 new defenders that will go straight in to the team

Nah. As SIRB said above, we just need a good quality midfielder that can allow Tav to maraud and can cover for him. 

It's a little tough being a fullback in our system. You're expected to be a huge attacking threat, yet because we play with a high wide man and not 4-4-2 or anything like that, they don't get much cover or help. That can only be helped by getting midfielders that are aware enough and mobile enough to cover and a centre half that's comfortable when he's pulled a bit wide. 

Tav may be less defensively capable, but he gives us enough going forward to make it worth us keeping him in there and thinking about other ways to compensate for his playing more advanced and his defensive weaknesses. Which is the kind of thing MW gets paid for.

Defensively he can be very poor at times but he can also be very good, offensively he has done really well, I think you have to take the good and the bad with a player like Tav.

I like him as a player you wouldn't have thought that if you heard me at the Cup Final. but overall his contributions been very good.

He is most certainly an asset going forward but a laibiliyy in defence.His positional sense is awful and the amount of times he either loses his man or easily brushed aside is shocking.

will a better holding midfielder change this?Will add better protection and cover but think he needs to improve greatly defensively.

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

Defensively he can be very poor at times but he can also be very good, offensively he has done really well, I think you have to take the good and the bad with a player like Tav.

I like him as a player you wouldn't have thought that if you heard me at the Cup Final. but overall his contributions been very good.

I agree he hasn't been all bad. But  defensively just isn't good enough at least you can see his faults unlike others on here.

4 minutes ago, Smile said:

I agree he is not too bad going forward but he's not got it defensively and better is required. 

5 minutes ago, rangersforever11111 said:

Banned because a gave an opinion about my team? Very mature 

I take it you mean your comments about Tierney when you say an opinion on your team. 

Tbf id ban you soley for saying Tav is "average going forward". No way any Rangers fan would have that opinion