Tavernier.

14 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

Wee Mckay must be some player then because he made a total cunt outta the boy.

And

13 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Usually is after we lose an important game.

Accounts that have been in slumber for an age suddenly become active again while new members seem to dive right into tearing into us from the off.

The cynic in me says there is treachery a foot!

A gave my opinion just because I'm a new member it doesn't mean a know less about football then anybody on here. I've been a season ticket holder for 10 years and go to every away game.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, SasaPapacLoyal said:

I take it you mean your comments about Tierney when you say an opinion on your team. 

Tbf id ban you soley for saying Tav is "average going forward". No way any Rangers fan would have that opinion 

A may have been a bit harsh with saying he was average going forward but stand by everything else

7 minutes ago, rangersforever11111 said:

Banned because a gave an opinion about my team? Very mature 

Your opinion is invalid when you call half a cap defensively fantastic. That fantastic Tav and McKay wiped £20mill aff his Seville calculator valuation in 120 minutes. 

7 minutes ago, rangersforever11111 said:

A gave my opinion just because I'm a new member it doesn't mean a know less about football then anybody on here. I've been a season ticket holder for 10 years and go to every away game.

Only way to prove it beyond all reasonable doubt is to donate to one of the causes around at the moment.

My Wee Teddy Bear thread or govanblue's extortion thread.

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

Your opinion is invalid when you call half a cap defensively fantastic. That fantastic Tav and McKay wiped £20mill aff his Seville calculator valuation in 120 minutes. 

A really don't want to have a conversation about Tierney. All a said was he was a very good defender which he is 

2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

19 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

He has a ridiculous amount of goals and assists,needs a decent holding midfielder in front of him to play him as an attacking full back.

No matter how anyone wished to paint it, Tav's ain't a right back.

His goal scoring record is incredible for someone who's role is at right back, but that also tells it's own story. I've said previously, maybe he needs pushed up one and a more competent defender behind him. He tries to do too much in constantly going forward and leaves us wide open. Then there is his lack of defensive positional awareness and tackling which TBH is not the tackling of a defender and inevitably gives away a foul.

He has good attacking abilities, but thus far I have seen nothing from him that tells me has decent defensive attributes.

4 minutes ago, rangersforever11111 said:

A may have been a bit harsh with saying he was average going forward but stand by everything else

Harsh is an understatement. Totally fucking wrong is more accurate. How anyone can think 15 goals and 20 odd assists from right back is average is beyond me 

2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

His goal scoring record is incredible for someone who's role is at right back, but that also tells it's own story. I've said previously, maybe he needs pushed up one and a more competent defender behind him. He tries to do too much in constantly going forward and leaves us wide open. Then there is his lack of defensive positional awareness and tackling which TBH is not the tackling of a defender and inevitably gives away a foul.

He has good attacking abilities, but thus far I have seen nothing from him that tells me has decent defensive attributes.

But again if you want to push tav up to midfield. Who's getting dropped?

Just now, Blue Avenger said:

Some players benefit from coming from deep and using their powerful momentum.

I'm sure I remember a while back Wallace played midfield for a few games and was blunted a bit. I think that would be the case with Tav. You'd blunt him and he'd be less able to use his powerful running.

Better to find other ways of compensating IMO.

4 minutes ago, rangersforever11111 said:

A really don't want to have a conversation about Tierney. All a said was he was a very good defender which he is 

So you donating?

4 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Right fair enough but answer me this do you honestly think he's good enough to play in league with us next season as a regular starter that is?

Both our fullbacks can be left hopelessly out of position when moves break down , and can be prone to letting opponents force them back , rather than getting tackles in early , I take it that the management team prefer to defend this way . I would prefer to see them tackling further up the park but that'll be why I'm sitting in the stand watching and not coaching . 

Although I'm sure next season will see us facing supposed better teams than now , I am still expecting to see us have the biggest share of possession and play with the same attacking intent that we did in the championship , and both fullbacks have a big role to play in our system . If Tav can give us half the goals and assists that we got this season then that will go a long way to help us achieve success . The addition of a natural DM will help on the defensive side . 

MW will know that some players won't cut it while some will need to be more consistent but some on here are too quick to write off players (Forrester ? ) its the scottish premier were going to be playing in not the english .

1 minute ago, Fred H Crawford said:

Both our fullbacks can be left hopelessly out of position when moves break down , and can be prone to letting opponents force them back , rather than getting tackles in early , I take it that the management team prefer to defend this way . I would prefer to see them tackling further up the park but that'll be why I'm sitting in the stand watching and not coaching . 

Although I'm sure next season will see us facing supposed better teams than now , I am still expecting to see us have the biggest share of possession and play with the same attacking intent that we did in the championship , and both fullbacks have a big role to play in our system . If Tav can give us half the goals and assists that we got this season then that will go a long way to help us achieve success . The addition of a natural DM will help on the defensive side . 

MW will know that some players won't cut it while some will need to be more consistent but some on here are too quick to write off players (Forrester ? ) its the scottish premier were going to be playing in not the english .

I agree I think forrester is a cracking player.

2 minutes ago, rangersforever11111 said:

Right fair enough but answer me this do you honestly think he's good enough to play in league with us next season as a regular starter that is?

What the barometer so far? Games against sides that play in that league?

He hasn't struggled defensively or offensively in any of our games against top flight opposition barring the St Johnstone game.

I honestly think the inclusion of an experienced and capable CDM will help with defensive cover when our fullbacks rampage forward. A leader like Barton will marshall cover when needed I'm sure. Its not the complete solution but it'll definitely make a difference. A confident Tav can be a formidable weapon. 

4 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

What the barometer so far? Games against sides that play in that league?

He hasn't struggled defensively or offensively in any of our games against top flight opposition barring the St Johnstone game.

A just don't think he's good enough he has been far too inconsistent this season. But a don't think he's the worst defender we have. A think getting rid of kiernan should be first priority