Running on the park

BlueGates

I get the running on the pitch to celebrate something you haven't won in a long time, we've done it ffs. However, you just cannot attack players or staff of your opposition and expect to get away with that unpunished. Throw the fucking book at them.  Plenty cameras as well so through the courts as well please and send them to jail (albeit that will feel like a Hilton hotel to some of that scum).  Huge punishment needs dished out here 

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, spion kop said:

Sorry but that is ballix

It maybe is more so than not going by what I'm hearing now about players being attacked etc, this isn't what was portrayed to me earlier which was that Hibs fans invaded in numbers and a section of Rangers fans took to the pitch - there wasn't mention of defending players and if that's the case then I'd fully expect Hibs and the Police to be shafted.

From the scenario I was addressing Hibs fans take to the pitch to celebrate in huge numbers - something we would most likely be shafted for. Some of our fans take to the pitch in what is descending into 'ugly scenes'. That being the case (I'm thinking it's not now going by some of the comments laying into me) then it's not hard to imagine the blame being shifted or dropped due to our involvement (been targeted and singled out for years bear in mind). This is something which I view as fair point but if it's the case of fans defending players etc and not taking to the pitch for a scrap then it's a different thing entirely. The comments i heard on telly don't tie with what I'm assuming are first hand accounts on here.

13 minutes ago, THE_Ibrox_Preacher said:

Hibs should be dragged over hot coals for that invasion.

If a single player has been assaulted then the Police and the footballing authorities better respond with an explanation, charges and sanctions.

All I am saying is that in the climate of this country, the second our fans do anything (they do us for songs ffs) then it'll most likely be used against us.

If some of our fans seen a player being attacked and ran on to form a human shield or something that's one thing, but if you've ran on for purely for a fight with the opposition you're not helping that situation. The latter is all I've been referring to in my comments as i never got to see much of it, predominantly what I heard was Hibs fans invaded the pitch and a section of our fans did too.

Obviously a lot of the guys on here actually did see players being attacked from the glimpses I got on a stream I never seen that, all I seen was a huge number of hibs fans on the pitch, a section of Rangers fans taking to the pitch and the TV commentators justifying Hibs invasion as "understandable".

That's exactly my point though, your mindset is to have a go at our fans rather than the fact that thousands of them came on to the pitch to goad our support and incite a reaction! I just can't understand that point of view where your initial reaction is to have a go at our fans! 

18 minutes ago, THE_Ibrox_Preacher said:

I've already said I wasn't at the game or at least inferred it from my comments.

From what I heard fans took to the pitch from both sides, I haven't seen players being attacked or fans rushing to their aid, I heard a tv commentator refer to Hibs invasion as 'understandable' and  that our fans were getting involved (when your teams just lost that's generally never a good thing is it).

If our fans were merely defending players from mobs of them then that's a different story to the one that was being painted earlier - I can see why our fans would rush to the aid of a heavily outnumbered player - my initial comments were in response to the suggestion that our fans had took to the pitch for a fight which is a very different thing.

Your problem was listening to the TV shite mate.   There was a crowd of easily a hundred hibs fans attacked our players and staff, THEN our fans ran on to help.  That's how I saw it play out on TV, and how everyone at the game probably seen it too.

4 minutes ago, ben51 said:

I'm glad you're backtracking because what I saw was total scum charging out our hugely outnumbered players and assaulting them. They then rounded at our fans, who stood their ground and knocked out any wee shite in green. 

I was delighted every time one of them got floored. 

I'm backtracking because even if I'm being called all the bastards I'll take our fans word that the situation was different to what I had portrayed to me.

From what I got to see on telly and the presenters comments, Hibs fans to the pitch in numbers to celebrate and we got involved creating ugly scenes with police using horses to separate supporters (now that's not good for us is it bearing in mind that we've been targeted for songs/words etc. etc.). Now in this scenario IF our fans have took to the pitch for a barny following defeat then It's indefensible and in my view in this scenario would see blame shared/shifted by the authorities and used as a stick to further beat us with i.e. falling into the trap set for our support, OR, would be used to get Hibs off the hook. 

Now the fans that I'm assuming were there of that seen something I didn't are saying they that players were attacked and fans took to the pitch to defend them, that's a little different to what was described as "understandable celebrations" (Hopefully I have quoted that correctly). In this scenario I would expect Hibs and the Police to be fucked for rioting/violent conduct and failure to protect respectively.

I've already had a shite day, missed most of the final and pretty much got to see us playing shite and conceding the winning goal. Wallace being punched etc I never got to see, I got to view a couple of panned out shots of masses of Hibs fans on the pitch, one guy sitting on the bar of a goal mouth and had  it described that Rangers fans were taking to the pitch and police were separating us with horses. The number of hibs fans on the pitch were the offence I was talking about a small number of Rangers fans getting them off of in this country at present, not mobs attacking players etc which is entirely different.

11 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

That's exactly my point though, your mindset is to have a go at our fans rather than the fact that thousands of them came on to the pitch to goad our support and incite a reaction! I just can't understand that point of view where your initial reaction is to have a go at our fans! 

My initial reaction was from what I got to view and hear at that point, despite what it came across as to yourself, I was saying that Hibs fans taking to the pitch to celebrate is something we wouldn't have got away with but with some of our fans taking to the pitch it would be used against us, i.e. like songs, referring decisions, uefa cup final. When we do anything outwith the rules even in minority we are tarred with it and it's used to target us i.e. FARE and others when everyone knows there's far bigger issues in British football nevermind European. From that perspective our fans taking to the pitch for a barny having lost is walking into the trap that's been set for a long time.

It would appear though the glimpses I got of it all and the description given are entirely different so my comments are inaccurate and invalid. 

I'm normally against us running on the pitch but today when you see Wallace getting hit and Halliday getting hit from behind, we shouldn't have to deal with that and I support such fans running on the pitch if their intentions were to protect the players and there selves other than that I disagree 

7 minutes ago, THE_Ibrox_Preacher said:

I'm backtracking because even if I'm being called all the bastards I'll take our fans word that the situation was different to what I had portrayed to me.

From what I got to see on telly and the presenters comments, Hibs fans to the pitch in numbers to celebrate and we got involved creating ugly scenes with police using horses to separate supporters (now that's not good for us is it bearing in mind that we've been targeted for songs/words etc. etc.). Now in this scenario IF our fans have took to the pitch for a barny following defeat then It's indefensible and in my view in this scenario would see blame shared/shifted by the authorities and used as a stick to further beat us with i.e. falling into the trap set for our support, OR, would be used to get Hibs off the hook. 

Now the fans that I'm assuming were there of that seen something I didn't are saying they that players were attacked and fans took to the pitch to defend them, that's a little different to what was described as "understandable celebrations" (Hopefully I have quoted that correctly). In this scenario I would expect Hibs and the Police to be fucked for rioting/violent conduct and failure to protect respectively.

I've already had a shite day, missed most of the final and pretty much got to see us playing shite and conceding the winning goal. Wallace being punched etc I never got to see, I got to view a couple of panned out shots of masses of Hibs fans on the pitch, one guy sitting on the bar of a goal mouth and had  it described that Rangers fans were taking to the pitch and police were separating us with horses. The number of hibs fans on the pitch were the offence I was talking about a small number of Rangers fans getting them off of in this country at present, not mobs attacking players etc which is entirely different.

You've already fucked it mate. You assumed the worst of Rangers fans without having a clue what went on. Why?

33 minutes ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

So to sum it up, you aren't really armed with all the facts but fuck it! Have a go at the fans anyway!

Human shield :lol:

Were you raised in a convent?

I got to see what I got to see and I got to hear what i got to hear, I commented that our fans taking to the pitch in defeat isn't a good thing in the current climate and regardless of the realities of situations that's how it plays out against our club these day - now as luck should have it, the situation is different to what I got to see/hear so my comments are incorrect or skewed from the reality of what happened as witnesses have jumped to point out.

Got it wrong. 

1 hour ago, BlueGates said:

Makes us look very bad. 

Anywhere else a team gets their moment.  Guy pushed a lassie to the ground in our section to get on the park. What's the point. We were never in it. 

On to next year ?

Get yer facts right mate before you post shite

30 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Ci_xdHDXEAAHcVa.jpg

Peter Adam Smith reporting this excellently - image above is of the first punch Wallace takes to the head

Cowards, running at guys from behind.

hope there's plenty more footage and stills showing their behaviour - looks like we are going to need all the evidence we can get!

disappointed some of our support went onto the pitch. 

hibs should be ashamed of themselves. yeah congratulations on winning and all that but you've just made a fool of yourselves. 

what do you expect from a classless club though? no guard of honour. running onto the pitch and not even letting the losers get their medals or your own team players to get the trophy and....most of all injuring our players. 

terrible club. 

Rangers players were ATTACKED by hundreds of Hibs fans, that muh is evident from the facts on display on national tv.

Nw imagine the furor if this had been our fans.  

Let's stop giving these cunts ammunition, Hibs fans were to blame, no one else.  Media will try to turn this gainst us just as they did in 1980, the fukking Scotsman already has a byline of "Rangers ALLEDGE their players were attacked".  Despicable newspaper in a despicable country.

These threads apportioning blame on a few mindless morons in our own support does not help our case.

We were not in the wrong today.

2 minutes ago, one55 said:

disappointed some of our support went onto the pitch. 

hibs should be ashamed of themselves. yeah congratulations on winning and all that but you've just made a fool of yourselves. 

what do you expect from a classless club though? no guard of honour. running onto the pitch and not even letting the losers get their medals or your own team players to get the trophy and....most of all injuring our players. 

terrible club. 

Really, so you'd have preferred if our players and Ass Manager got attacked by a frenzied mob of taigs and the support sat and watched?

You do know 3 of our players needed medical treatment after being attacked?

5 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Anycunt even attempting to bad mouth our own fans after that is a complete and utter mutant.

(tu)

A family banded together to protect members who were being attacked. We didn't go looking for trouble, we didn't even react to being goaded. We reacted to our family being attacked.

Morally and legally 100% in the right.

Rangers fans were not in the wrong today. If thousands of Hibs fans didn't run on the pitch and start attacking our players and fans then nothing would have happened. We would have left the stadium without drama. 

Any fan that hit a Hibs fan done so in self defence as the police were no where to be seen