Perspective

We got beat ogf that shite lot not real Madrid or decent team they are shit but they wanted it more no excuses for today we were a disgrace and I take no positives out of today we are Rangers that's not good enough 

2 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

Yes it is a sore one. 

BUT

We are not stuck in the championship and have a year to build for 55 and a proper run in Europe without humiliation.

Beat it!!  This isnae time for perspective and common sense!!  I just want to have a good greet and throw myself off a bridge..... :-)

4 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

Yes it is a sore one. 

BUT

We are not stuck in the championship and have a year to build for 55 and a proper run in Europe without humiliation.

I agree but it really would have been nice to have some kind of European football at Ibrox next season. 

Perspective?

We're meant to be one of it not the fittest team in the Championship (probably Scotland). Yet we're consistently losing goals in the 90th minute. So if it's not the fitness, what is it? Because we've had a season to sort it and we haven't.

Same again for corners. How can we be so inept at the basics. Far too many stray passes as well.

Looks like the game against the dhims went to their heads and they've been on holiday mode ever since. 

Today's performance was nowhere near good enough and we need acknowledge that. Just because we've won the league and challenge cup, doesn't mean the team get to turn up today and put in a half arsed effort. Today was important for us.

Other than that, the season has been decent.

It's as bad as I've seen us start a match. Absolutely no dig. But I'm hoping more signings come in pronto. Today we never seen wallace and mckay link up due to the 3-5-2 which was a 5-4-1 alot of the match. Yes we lost but next season begins shortly. Hard one to take but let's be honest any ger watching the first 15 mins knew.

Promotion was paramount so job done.  Sore one today but we were second best and the fact that the terrorist scum had more chances alone than our whole team says it all. Tools downed for weeks / months that has not been acceptable. If we'd turned up at all we'd have won that game but desire came through for them - they're a very average team but we were absolutely pish today. A chance to enhance a playing budget that is sorely needed when you look at our shitey bench lost - you know what we need Mr King! 

Work to be done for us in working out how to break down teams or play against 3-5-2 but we'll not be worrying about that in the championship or getting humped in Europe by European cracks FC Neverheardofus. Plus, we will never ever be junkie, spoon-burning fucks. 

Anyone who thought we were the finished article has missed the evidence presented, when we start back next seadon we will have identified the weaknesses in the system and recruited well.

My own opinion is we have to be more ruthless when we take the lead, at 2- 1 we looked in control but started to hold it and shuffle it back the way, we should have been pushing for another. Not overly happy that we lost (obviously) I am certainly not distraught. 

They will be more silverware to come for us, unlike hivs who might have to wait another 100 odd years. 

32 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

Hivs will be humiliated in Europe then they can go back to Championship obscurity.

Meanwhile we have time to sort ourselves out for 55 and timskelpings.

Not won in 5 games against shite - We have a lot of sorting out to do.

We were short in every department!  We waited for the ball instead of going to meet it and link up play was poor with movement abysmal at times!  It certainly was not up to the standard i would expect from a Rangers team in a Cup Final!  Lets hope we learn (yet again)  from mistakes and move on!  Our fitness looked suspect and would have expected more from the potential rest period we had which should then have been a build up for today!  Pissed off to say the least!

44 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

Hivs will be humiliated in Europe then they can go back to Championship obscurity.

Meanwhile we have time to sort ourselves out for 55 and timskelpings.

They'll be losing 3/4 of that starting 11 for next season. Esp with at least a hefty fine from the Shitebags FA

I expect that be wont be going through cups with a threadbare squad next season, and will have decent options on the bench as a result. We put out the filth and nearly won the trophy, so I'm optimistic for next season, provided that we address our weaknesses. 

Defence needs sorted out badly - a solid central pairing should be a priority for the summer window. 

Onward, and upwards.

51 minutes ago, Cobham said:

I agree but it really would have been nice to have some kind of European football at Ibrox next season. 

How would we feel getting beat by some Eastern European side in the first or second qualifying round? Would have been pretty bad.

We go into next season with a single goal (as we did this season) to not just win the league but to smash it. A good squad with a single purpose is better than a disjointed one challenging on multiple fronts.

I agree it would have been fantastic but it's not to be. The players today have given the manager food for thought for next season as surely now he needs to question ability and desire of the players on show.

54 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Europa league can derail a league season, we've all seen it in England.

it would have been fantastic, but allows us to focus completely on the league. We'll need to, as Celtic will be a different team next season

It wouldn't have been the Europa league derailing our league season, if we had made, but a lack of quality. This game today only amplified the shortcomings we already knew about. There needs to be serious investment and King needs to step up, end of.

23 minutes ago, thebluedoo said:

Anyone who thought we were the finished article has missed the evidence presented, when we start back next seadon we will have identified the weaknesses in the system and recruited well.

My own opinion is we have to be more ruthless when we take the lead, at 2- 1 we looked in control but started to hold it and shuffle it back the way, we should have been pushing for another. Not overly happy that we lost (obviously) I am certainly not distraught.

They will be more silverware to come for us, unlike hivs who might have to wait another 100 odd years.

I think it's more basic than that. We need in better quality and plenty of it. Our defence is dire and nothing that we didn't know before. Three of the four need replaced. Our midfield going forward?! is like watching paint dry and TBH, they just don't posses the ability or guile to play the MW system as it should be played. Thought I was watching rugby with the amount of back passing.

Mr King will need to be very inventive to deliver the cash needed to make any kind of challenge.