Surely Hivs must have trophy taken away

Not to pish on anyones chips but wasn't its legally incumbent upon the owners of the ground to maintain crowd control?

The SFA are hardly going to admit culpibility and fine themselves.

I don't think Hibs can be penalised for this just the same as I don't think Rangers could have been had it been our supporters who invaded the pitch and assaulted players.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Gaz52 said:

They don't deserve the cup taken off them as they won it fair and square. They deserve to play at least 6 months behind closed doors though, well playing at Easter Road against anyone but Rangers and Hearts is like playing behind closed doors anyway tbf

All those found guilty should be punished with compulsory attendance orders for all the games at Easter Road next year.

Just now, Getstiffed said:

Not to pish on anyones chips but wasn't its legally incumbent upon the owners of the ground to maintain crowd control?

The SFA are hardly going to admit culpibility and fine themselves.

I don't think Hibs can be penalised for this just the same as I don't think Rangers could have been had it been our supporters who invaded the pitch and assaulted players.

The tone was set last year when Motherwell supporters invaded the pitch and goaded our fans.

The authorities did nothing and they're partly to blame for those animals actions today.

32 minutes ago, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

Fuck all happened to Motherwell last season and fuck all will happen to Hibs. The SFA will probably congratulate the fans for their cowardly attack. 

Yip, Motherwell were given 18 months to sort out any issues. Within 12 months there's another pitch invasion in Scottish football - a much more serious one. While the spfl (i assume it was them that had the inquiry last season) isn't in charge today, they clearly put out the message that pitch invasions aren't a big deal.

From the Record ............

Rangers' Rob Kiernan apparently had to be held back after reportedly being hit in the ruckus with the club confirming both players and staff were attacked following the final whistle.

Hibs won the game and the actions did not affect the outcome.The behaviour of the Hibs fans is rather scummy and should result in fines,bans for pitch invaders and likely jail time for any that assaulted players staff and rival fans.Trying to put myself in the Hibs fans shoes if had not won the trophy for 114 years would celebrate but pitch invasion is ott and assaulting people ffs you won I do not understand why they would react that way.

6 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

The tone was set last year when Motherwell supporters invaded the pitch and goaded our fans.

The authorities did nothing and they're partly to blame for those animals actions today.

The difference is that--that game took place at Motherwell "stadium" (no laughing), as far as Im aware player and fan safety is their legal duty in that instance.

3 minutes ago, left winger said:

Yip, Motherwell were given 18 months to sort out any issues. Within 12 months there's another pitch invasion in Scottish football - a much more serious one. While the spfl (i assume it was them that had the inquiry last season) isn't in charge today, they clearly put out the message that pitch invasions aren't a big deal.

Aren't a big deal as long as it is against Rangers. I hope they come down heavily on this lot.

17 minutes ago, BlueBearz1990 said:

Is it realistically possible that they could be stripped of it though? If players/staff were attacked then I expected the harshest possible punishment, whatever that may be..

Would that not be what the whole of Scotland would be looking for if it had been us ?And we assaulted 5 Hivs players or can you imagine it was the medias  favourites .They would be looking for a ban from football altogether 

Just now, eejay the dj said:

Would that not be what the whole of Scotland would be looking for if it had been us ?And we assaulted 5 Hivs players or can you imagine it was the medias  favourites .They would be looking for a ban from football altogether 

Yes, I agree, but I was just wondering if it is within their power to take either the cup and/or European football away from them from what their fans have done today.

We all know that Rangers fans are not judged evenly against fans of other clubs. That's what makes it doubly sickening - our team got beat fair and square but no way should those scumbag fans and their club be allowed off the hook for this.