In Warbs I trust - BUT................................

Point A - Tavernier had an absolute shocking game today. God knows what happened to the guy who played in the first ten games of the season for us. Since around October he has got progressively worse and today was his poorest ever game for Rangers, when it mattered the most. How bad would one of our defenders ever have to play in order to be substituted? Have we substituted a fit defender once this season?

Point B - Am I right in thinking that once again we did not fill the subs bench today, and there was nobody there to replace our right back? If true, why oh why would we not have a defender from the youth team on the bench?

Yours, baffled of Glasgow etc

Warbs wasnt at fault for Tav today, I just think he has been found out now because Scottish championship is his level and I'd be very surprised to see him in our team for the prem, 

The horrible mistake warbs made was taking Zelalem off, he was probably be best player we had in midfield today, although not exactly outstanding as none of them were tbh. 

At the end of the day, warbs built a team to win the championship and we've done that. SC final was a bonus. 

We'll be stronger next season and we're going for 55!

7 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Point A - Tavernier had an absolute shocking game today. God knows what happened to the guy who played in the first ten games of the season for us. Since around October he has got progressively worse and today was his poorest ever game for Rangers, when it mattered the most. How bad would one of our defenders ever have to play in order to be substituted? Have we substituted a fit defender once this season?

Point B - Am I right in thinking that once again we did not fill the subs bench today, and there was nobody there to replace our right back? If true, why oh why would we not have a defender from the youth team on the bench?

I still have faith. We'll have to wait and see if my faith is justified. I would say that a lot of what we saw wrong today can be overcome after a good transfer window. If I were to defend MW I would say last summer was something of a panicky period. A large number of players were needed and needed quickly. A number of players were brought in who were probably stop-gap measures. Hopefully McParland and MW have been doing their scouting magic.

I also have a suspicion that on the occasions when Warburton's style goes wrong it will go horribly wrong.

11 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Simple back the manager with hard cash as he has been doing wonders on a shoe string.  10 million is needed if we want to be a force again.

Over to you Mr King as 5 million that has been reported is not enough.

Bang on the money!

We were far from our best today but at 2-1 should have seen it out we didn't and set pieces(and the ability to not defend them) were our undoing.A stronger bench certainly would have helped.I still have faith and we will see what players we sign and how we play come the new season.

But ....I'm still amazed at how the teams form has dipped so badly in our past few games and how the manager has failed to address it, we missed the cup tied players but the team should have enough hunger to get results.

Hivs finished stronger than us, I thought they'd wilt, we'll need a lot more guts in the PL

Think there are a lot of deluded people out there. Fair enough Tav isn't a top top footballer...defensively suspect. But who are we up against. He'll win more battles than he loses. If you sign up to the new brand of football your probably going to have to settle for a guy like Tav. 

Allow Warburton to spend 6m or so in every position then he's out. Give him a 6m budget then the chances are he stays.

20 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

A close knit squad is good but so is competition for places. Need a balance 

This exactly, only recently MW was saying that for the first time he had a strong bench.  We I'll lose, hopefully Bell, Law, Clark and Shiels plus Zelalem and Ball.  We need the players already committed plus 5 more.  Mini needs to see how much is doon the back of the couch.  MW won't need a lot but he does need a budget.

Not one of our back four and only one of our midfield trio got pass marks today, shocking for a cup final.

We are a Championship side, that is where we are at. It would be expected that in the Premier League we will have more of a  superior type of player throughout the squad. Individually, we have players who could play in the top league, but as a team this is not the team that we would have had we not been in the Championship. Now is the time to back the manager and give him time to get it right once we are back in the big league.

4 minutes ago, JockyWilsonspants said:

I still have faith. We'll have to wait and see if my faith is justified. I would say that a lot of what we saw wrong today can be overcome after a good transfer window. If I were to defend MW I would say last summer was something of a panicky period. A large number of players were needed and needed quickly. A number of players were brought in who were probably stop-gap measures. Hopefully McParland and MW have been doing their scouting magic.

I also have a suspicion that on the occasions when Warburton's style goes wrong it will go horribly wrong.

You need quality to play his system and I am a 100% believer in it. We don't have that quality and in the top tier the midfield will be well exposed, far less that defence, which needs three of the four replaced. MW needs serious cash and if he doesn't get it, then we need to lower our expectations. The scum have served notice and it is up to us to rise to the challenge or not and the level of investment will tell all. Whilst we maybe be lucky in some bargain basements, we do need much more than that. We are only kidding ourselves if we think otherwise.

34 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Point B, I think the gaffer was trying to make a point to the board that we need serious investment over the summer, which obviously back fired today.

30 minutes ago, BlueBearz1990 said:

Warbs wasnt at fault for Tav today, I just think he has been found out now because Scottish championship is his level and I'd be very surprised to see him in our team for the prem, 

The horrible mistake warbs made was taking Zelalem off, he was probably be best player we had in midfield today, although not exactly outstanding as none of them were tbh. 

At the end of the day, warbs built a team to win the championship and we've done that. SC final was a bonus. 

We'll be stronger next season and we're going for 55!

Pretty sure Zelalem was injured, he was our best player before he went off. Shiels was honking when he came on and playing Clark on the wing (or anywhere on the pitch) was a poor decision. I'd much rather of seen young Burt given a run out. But end of the day we'll move on, back in the big league while hibs will have 2 games in Europe and another season in the Championship. I'd much rather be in our position. The Scottish cup was just a bonus this year.

1 minute ago, Blackandra said:

Pretty sure Zelalem was injured, he was our best player before he went off. Shiels was honking when he came on and playing Clark on the wing (or anywhere on the pitch) was a poor decision. I'd much rather of seen young Burt given a run out. But end of the day we'll move on, back in the big league while hibs will have 2 games in Europe and another season in the Championship. I'd much rather be in our position. The Scottish cup was just a bonus this year.

If Clark had to come on then he should have been put in the middle and told to stay there; as soon as I saw him on the wing I thought it was bad. His lack of touch is appalling, for a Rangers player.

3 minutes ago, Blackandra said:

Well if he was injured then I stand corrected. Yes I think overall our biggest weakness was the bench. We have zero quality to bring on when players need subbed and the team needs an injection of energy. Yes exactly I was just thinking earlier I'd hate to be hibs since they are staying down. 

46 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Simple back the manager with hard cash as he has been doing wonders on a shoe string.  10 million is needed if we want to be a force again.  

Over to you Mr King as 5 million that has been reported is not enough. 

Double that required for me,bargain basement signings shown up for what they are today,serious investment is required guys with cup winning and championship winning experience who'll win you big games like this 

1 minute ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

All worthy contributions chaps, but with maybe one or two exceptions - nobody has really addressed my original questions?

I'm guessing because none are good enough our lack of defensive options really needs addressing sooner rather than later although I think outwith possibly attacking midfielders our squad is paper thin all over,as others have said its time for King to step up as I'm sure Rodgers wouldn't have taken the taigs job without being offered s sizeable transfer kitty to think we can match on a shoestring ain't gonna happen 

1 hour ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Point A, Answer No mainly because we were winning g most games AND we had little in the way of defenders on the bench

Point B, Answer   No idea, asked the same question after the MW press conference when he indicated a squad of 16 not 18 for the final.

Our board needs to pony up and back the manager.

Defo not starting an ally bashing but the quicker we get rid of his dross Sheils Clark law bell temps and the Shitey loans go back and we can bring in a better quality player, MW will do the business I said on another thread that we don't have the quality players to play his system coz if we did we would rip teams a new 1 every week. Why did he put Clark on? I'm so angry at that wee tit for losing that ball and just walking away instead of trying to win it back. Another thing why can't we do anything with corners but get slaughtered with them regularly? I'm like a lot of ppl just now I'm so fucking angry at losing that today we probably have blown our chance of getting the real quality of player due to not being on Europe now.  King had better get some of the millions he promised would be spent on the squad. we cant have failures this isn't Brentford we are Rangers and losing isn't a fuckin option.