Sore one to take

1 minute ago, daverfc13 said:

Might actually benefit us next season not being in Europe , lets us solely concentrate on wrestling the league title back of the tarriers. 

That is fair point .Again right now . The thought of a possible European tie and not having one . There is just one winner

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

That is fair point .Again right now . The thought of a possible European tie and not having one . There is just one winner

True I can't deny I was looking forward to a European night at ibrox again. 

It's a tough one to take, no doubt about it. The build up has not been ideal. The 3 week lay off hasn't helped and even prior to that we were not nearly good enough in a number of games. Waghorn wasn't fully fit, and a lot of our big players just didn't perform. Set pieces have cost us all season and defensively as a whole we've struggled a lot this season. That's as bad a defensive performance I have seen in a long time. And our passing was very poor, again as poor as i've seen all season. We also lacked depth to our squad as seen by our bench. We were really poor and that is the most frustrating element. It's hard to admit but we didn't deserve to win. Despite being so poor though we should have been able to see it out after going 2-1 up.

Europe would have been great for us, the players, the prestige and also financially but next season is going to be tough. I won't say it's a blessing in disguise because I wanted the trophy and the European football that comes with it but it now means we can have more focus on the priority of winning the SPFL. That is an absolute must. There can be no distractions. No excuses. We now know what we have to fix and we now know what we must do.

I know some might not like it, some may not admit it and some absolutely don't agree with it but IMO you can't honestly say Hibs are a terrible team. It hurts to say it but they're not mugs. We made them look even better and we do seem to make it easy for them but they are a very competent team and can trouble anyone on their day. The result certainly highlights our glaring deficiencies and Warburton is not stupid. He and the team will know what we need for next season.

However, I think we just need to put it all in perspective and appreciate how far we've come in such a short year. IMO we have exceeded expectations overall. There have been so many positives this season both on the field and off the field that we have had to deal with and overcome. The foundations laid this season, Warburton, SDOW, McParland, the player overhaul, the style of play, the quality of our play and some of our goals, youth set up, boardroom additions/changes, onerous contracts issues, the conduct of our players and management, ridding ourselves of so much deadwood etc. I genuinely think with 4-5 quality additions we will really elevate ourselves to another level next season and I can't wait for next season to start...........

1 minute ago, daverfc13 said:

True I can't deny I was looking forward to a European night at ibrox again. 

That is the added disappointment. I don't know if anyone watched the Commentators on RangersTV summing up of the Season, but Alan McLaren was there and he said how special the European nights were. This is sore and the missing out of a potential what might have been makes it harder.

8 minutes ago, daverfc13 said:

Might actually benefit us next season not being in Europe , lets us solely concentrate on wrestling the league title back of the tarriers. 

Was thinking the same, yes it would be nice but let's face it we don't have the squad to compete and how bad would it be not to make the group stages (which is what'll happen to Hibs).

last year everyone was at their lowest ebb when we lost to Motherwell and yet it turned out to be for the best. Perhaps this is the same this year. Rodgers has been tasked to do well in Europe so that's the priority for them, let's us focus on the league.

while its gutting remember these points:

• We're promoted as champions
  • were well ahead of the game with signings
  • we outplayed them in the semi (so there is the quality we just need strengthening and the mental side to improve - pressure, expectation, favourites tag, concentration, consistency)
  • Hibs will be punished for the fans actions (no way SFA can wriggle out of it)
  • hibs will be out of Europe before August and still languishing in the championship so there joy of today will be forgotten quickly
  • dundee Utd are also in the championship
  • warburton is less likely to be shortlisted for jobs in England (ok I know that's not really a reason to be cheerful)

6 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

It's a tough one to take, no doubt about it. The build up has not been ideal. The 3 week lay off hasn't helped and even prior to that we were not nearly good enough in a number of games. Waghorn wasn't fully fit, and a lot of our big players just didn't perform. Set pieces have cost us all season and defensively as a whole we've struggled a lot this season. That's as bad a defensive performance I have seen in a long time. And our passing was very poor, again as poor as i've seen all season. We also lacked depth to our squad as seen by our bench. We were really poor and that is the most frustrating element. It's hard to admit but we didn't deserve to win. Despite being so poor though we should have been able to see it out after going 2-1 up.

Europe would have been great for us, the players, the prestige and also financially but next season is going to be tough. I won't say it's a blessing in disguise because I wanted the trophy and the European football that comes with it but it now means we can have more focus on the priority of winning the SPFL. That is an absolute must. There can be no distractions. No excuses. We now know what we have to fix and we now know what we must do.

I know some might not like it, some may not admit it and some absolutely don't agree with it but IMO you can't honestly say Hibs are a terrible team. It hurts to say it but they're not mugs. We made them look even better and we do seem to make it easy for them but they are a very competent team and can trouble anyone on their day. The result certainly highlights our glaring deficiencies and Warburton is not stupid. He and the team will know what we need for next season.

However, I think we just need to put it all in perspective and appreciate how far we've come in such a short year. IMO we have exceeded expectations overall. There have been so many positives this season both on the field and off the field that we have had to deal with and overcome. The foundations laid this season, Warburton, SDOW, McParland, the player overhaul, the style of play, the quality of our play and some of our goals, youth set up, boardroom additions/changes, onerous contracts issues, the conduct of our players and management, ridding ourselves of so much deadwood etc. I genuinely think with 4-5 quality additions we will really elevate ourselves to another level us next season and I can't wait for next season to start. 

Superb post mate (tu)

2 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Was thinking the same, yes it would be nice but let's face it we don't have the squad to compete and how bad would it be not to make the group stages (which is what'll happen to Hibs).

last year everyone was at their lowest ebb when we lost to Motherwell and yet it turned out to be for the best. Perhaps this is the same this year. Rodgers has been tasked to do well in Europe so that's the priority for them, let's us focus on the league.

• we outplayed them in the semi (so there is the quality we just need strengthening and the mental side to improve - pressure, expectation, favourites tag, concentration, consistency)
  • hibs will be out of Europe before August and still languishing in the championship so there joy of today will be forgotten quickly
  • warburton is less likely to be shortlisted for jobs in England (ok I know that's not really a reason to be cheerful)

Spot on

7 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

That is the added disappointment. I don't know if anyone watched the Commentators on RangersTV summing up of the Season, but Alan McLaren was there and he said how special the European nights were. This is sore and the missing out of a potential what might have been makes it harder.

Don't worry it may well be champions league qualifiers a year from now :uk:

Feeling it big time myself mate,been in a daze all night and non-correspondent to the missus and wains.

My boy shares the pain but i'm trying to tell him it's only a game etc (while scunnered).

Few litres of vodka there so might just get tore into it and forget today.

Tomorrow i might feel a bit rough but will remember i'm a bear and a proddy boy and feel better right away.

No surrender.

7 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Good stuff mate . Positive thinking .com .And you are spot on

Nope it's not  though. I still won't forget the disappointment of today in a hurry.

7 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Feeling it big time myself mate,been in a daze all night and non-correspondent to the missus and wains.

My boy shares the pain but i'm trying to tell him it's only a game etc (while scunnered).

Few litres of vodka there so might just get tore into it and forget today.

Tomorrow i might feel a bit rough but will remember i'm a bear and a proddy boy and feel better right away.

No surrender.

(tu):beer1: Helps me to sleep through the nightmares I'm going to have tonight

As much as I was angry at the performance i'm actually raging at the assault on our players. Nothing will be done about it, they will get a pathetic fine and astonishingly we will too. At what point does Warburton turn around and decide he'd rather be back with his family than put up with the agenda and bile that is focused against our club. If the board is serious about getting us back to where we belong they need to start standing up for the club and its fans.

4 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Good stuff mate . Positive thinking .com .And you are spot on

Nope it's not  though. I still won't forget the disappointment of today in a hurry.

We shouldn't forget. If you forget then you haven't learned anything.

The players must not forget, the staff must not forget, the board must not forget (fuck bridge building) and we ourselves must not forget.

never underestimate an opponent or presume that we will win, I thought we had got out of jail when we came back from a 3rd minute opener to be 2-1 up with 25 mins to go only to see us throw it away with stupid mistakes.

im really keen to hear what Warburton and the players have to say but it might be some time before we do due to those junkie neds actions today.

8 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

We shouldn't forget. If you forget then you haven't learned anything.

The players must not forget, the staff must not forget, the board must not forget (fuck bridge building) and we ourselves must not forget.

never underestimate an opponent or presume that we will win, I thought we had got out of jail when we came back from a 3rd minute opener to be 2-1 up with 25 mins to go only to see us throw it away with stupid mistakes.

im really keen to hear what Warburton and the players have to say but it might be some time before we do due to those junkie neds actions today.

Brilliant Neo .Passionate as fuck (tu)

23 minutes ago, Bellshill_Bear said:

Very hard one to take. I feel like a hibs fan and that's not right.

told the Mrs was heart broken. Feels like last year all over again. 

Need to look at he positives though. We are back

When you get setbacks there are stages you go through, the rates of which differ person to person.

1. shock - did they junkie bastards really beat us from 2-1 down with 2 corners???
  2. denial - this isn't fucking happening, we're Rangers
  3. Anger - FFS sell Kiernan, Wilson, Tav, Holt and Halliday they're all shite
  4. bargaining - Hibs should have the trophy taken from them or banned from Europe next year
  5. Depression - fucking hell we were awful today, Hibs wanted it more than our players did. They've won the SC for the first time in 114 years against us, we're not in Europe next year now
  6. Testing - well we did beat Celtic a month ago with the same squad and totally outplayed them, maybe our players just need to grow from this and Warburton to strengthen the squad with signings up and down the pitch. Maybe being out of Europe will let us focus on the league next year.
  7. acceptance - fuck it, let them have their celebrations. They'll be short lived when they realise their still in the championship and we are back in the top division. The SC was a bonus for us and we did what we set out to do this year with some excellent football. Our manager has been a breath of fresh air compared to the last 4 years, this is a setback but we'll come back again and stronger.

To be honest I'm trying to force the issue to step 7 so that I'm not fucking depressed by all of this.

"When you start living the life of your dreams, there will always be obstacles, doubters, mistakes and setbacks along the way. But with hard work, perseverance and self-belief there is no limit to what you can achieve"

"Remember that setbacks are only challenges in disguise. Look at them as lessons . . . don't waste time beating yourself up. Just get back on track and focus on what you want. It's up to you , and you will do it!"

"When the mind is convinced that it has targets to hit, goals to meet and destiny to reach, temporal setbacks become another resting space for a paradigm shift in fortifying the will to win."

Brutal feeling having to watch that shower end their hoodoo against us, but we shouldn't forget just how far we've come, as last year the disappointment came with a 6-1 agg deafeat to Motherwell with the likes of Bell, Mohsni etc. still playing. 

A lot of work to be done over the summer of course, the squad lacks the depth and defensive solidity needed for the course of a title challenging season but I trust the gaffer to make the right calls to improve where it's needed. At the end of the day, there was only one team playing at Hampden today who will still be languishing in the Championship next year - and it wasn't The Famous:uk: