This is happening

Sparkle

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Compare everything that's been reported by the fans and some media while it was ongoing and of course our club with what's in the newspapers and online/tv outlets right now.  

Before our very eyes...

image.jpeg

To be fair Sky have been pretty decent as have ITV (basically those in a more neutral position and with a lot more credibility!). Anyone within Scotland though I don't expect anything less!

Just now, Helicopter Sundae said:

They are probably trying to spin it that if any sanctions are placed on the Hivees, such as a ban form the Scottish Cup next season, because our fans ran on the pitch as well, we should get sanctioned as well.

Yeah, they've got to be balanced and fair ?

I've known all along that everyone hates us. I've known they are obsessed by us, trying to find flaw in everything we do. They spin stories, rewrite history, Invent lies and constantly portray us as the greatest force for evil in the country. But I still didn't expect them to stoop as low as they have done today. The way the general public and even public figures are reacting to the events today in the news and on social media, making it about anything other than the horrific assault of Rangers players, has sickened me to my stomach. Only in this country, with this government, and an unchecked biased media, could we be portrayed as the villains in full view of one of the worst examples of football hooliganism in decades. You would need to be morally bankrupt to blame those minority Rangers fans who went onto the pitch after their heroes had already been assaulted. Utterly morally bankrupt.

1 minute ago, simplythebestest said:

I've known all along that everyone hates us. I've known they are obsessed by us, trying to find flaw in everything we do. They spin stories, rewrite history, Invent lies and constantly portray us as the greatest force for evil in the country. But I still didn't expect them to stoop as low as they have done today. The way the general public and even public figures are reacting to the events today in the news and on social media, making it about anything other than the horrific assault of Rangers players, has sickened me to my stomach. Only in this country, with this government, and an unchecked biased media, could we be portrayed as the villains in full view of one of the worst examples of football hooliganism on decades. You would need to be morally bankrupt to blame those minority Rangers fans who went onto the pitch after their heroes had been assaulted. Utterly morally bankrupt.

Well said

43 minutes ago, Helicopter Sundae said:

They are probably trying to spin it that if any sanctions are placed on the Hivees, such as a ban form the Scottish Cup next season, because our fans ran on the pitch as well, we should get sanctioned as well.

Guaranteed!

49 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Did we expect anything else really . Difference this time .Club members safety have been affected and the club will not let this one go .

Count on that

I'd really like to believe this, I really would.

Can't trust those who are supposed to be looking after us any further than I could throw them.

(Powers that be, that is)

12 minutes ago, simplythebestest said:

I've known all along that everyone hates us. I've known they are obsessed by us, trying to find flaw in everything we do. They spin stories, rewrite history, Invent lies and constantly portray us as the greatest force for evil in the country. But I still didn't expect them to stoop as low as they have done today. The way the general public and even public figures are reacting to the events today in the news and on social media, making it about anything other than the horrific assault of Rangers players, has sickened me to my stomach. Only in this country, with this government, and an unchecked biased media, could we be portrayed as the villains in full view of one of the worst examples of football hooliganism in decades. You would need to be morally bankrupt to blame those minority Rangers fans who went onto the pitch after their heroes had already been assaulted. Utterly morally bankrupt.

Well said mate, I was there and witnessed hibs fans doing their best to provoke  our fans whilst the police used batons on any of our fans who reacted and more galling was seeing police with cameras pointing into our stand whilst hibs fans were running amok all around them.

It's taken around 20yrs but this is surely the line in the sand, no more mr nice guys, if the board doesn't finally come out all guns blazing and condemn the dilution now being spun, and confront the reptiles perpetrating said spin then we will be doomed to continued vitriol forever, and if they don't then we will deserve all that the haters throw our way.

Today's statement was a good start but they must come back quickly to squash the statements that are beginning to surface and go on the attack, we had players and management attacked FFS.

My biggest fear is if they don't then I can see major problems in the not to distant future (it probably is to late now anyway) with our own supporters taking retribution of their own to away supporters, and I for one wouldn't blame them if they did, but that would only give the cunts who have the audacity to call themselves journalists fuel for their fires.

It is now time for this board to declare that enough is enough and we will not be taking any more shit from these bastards otherwise like I said above we will deserve everything we get from now on.

9 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

Well said mate, I was there and witnessed hibs fans doing their best to provoke  our fans whilst the police used batons on any of our fans who reacted and more galling was seeing police with cameras pointing into our stand whilst hibs fans were running amok all around them.

It's shocking. Surely things can't just continue like this? If we fight back they feel justified in how they portray us, and hit us with disproportionate punishments. If we do nothing, the lies, portrayals and treatment just get worse.

A strong board, willing to challenge the authorities seems like the only way to orchestrate the fight back.