Shiels and Clark

Let's hope these two are told first thing on Monday that their contracts aren't being renewed. Shiels is usually a trier but he played today as if the ball was a fucking alien concept. Haven't really liked him since he hid at Tannadice when we lost 3-0 and he was the same today. Zelalem is a player that gets criticised a lot more than him and he showed 10x the ability and bottle.

Clark just has no ability whatsoever. He is an absolutely bog-standard Scottish footballer that has done well to play for us for 3 years. Good riddance to them both.

Don't think I've seen two subs make such a negative impact on the team.

I dislike Clark a lot, I'm sorry. It's not his fault he's pish, but he really is like playing with a man down. He offers so so so little. He can't change the game, he can't come on and give something different, he was never good enough.

Shiels today kept falling and slipping and was useless.

Thanks for the effort from both, but farewell, best of luck.

16 minutes ago, the goal machine said:

This.

Our biggest weakness is our bench. We don't have the  quality to bring on when players need subbed and the team needs an injection of energy. 

It seemed to me like we played even worse after getting our 2nd goal, and I was fully expecting us to see the game out. 

MW biggest mistake was taking Zelalem off. I heard people say on facebook he was slightly injured but I didn't see that if he was. 

Both players you've mentioned have no right to wear a Rangers jersey, but that goes for a good few others too.

Shiels input saddened me.

I was certain that his performances from the bench merited a renewal, but today, he looked past it. He struggled to keep up with the pace of sides almost dead on their feet. He offered absolutely nothing, literally.

Clark's failure to control a ball he was in possession of ultimately led to their winner; they won a corner from the attack and scored from it. As I said, I would take great pleasure in advising a typical McCoist signing of his failure to acquire a renewal.

Here's an interesting fact (I use fact loosely); Nicky Clark is five times the player Andy Little is. Use that little insight to remind you how far we've come.

2 minutes ago, the goal machine said:

Let's hope these two are told first thing on Monday that their contracts aren't being renewed. Shiels is usually a trier but he played today as if the ball was a fucking alien concept. Haven't really liked him since he hid at Tannadice when we lost 3-0 and he was the same today. Zelalem is a player that gets criticised a lot more than him and he showed 10x the ability and bottle.

Clark just has no ability whatsoever. He is an absolutely bog-standard Scottish footballer that has done well to play for us for 3 years. Good riddance to them both.

Totally agree, both are a waste of a jersey and at least underlines that they are not rangers standard, let the last of the deadwood be cleared out and expect law and bell to follow them out the door, was scratching my head at the start of the season when miller was giving a contract extension but glad to be proven wrong as he's been immense this season in performance and attitude and has shown he can still cut it at the top level

3 minutes ago, BlueBearz1990 said:

This.

Our biggest weakness is our bench. We don't have the quality bring on when players need subbed and the team needs an injection of energy. 

It seemed to me like we played even worse after getting our 2nd goal, and I was fully expecting us to see the game out. 

MW biggest mistake was taking Zelalem off. I heard people say on facebook he was slightly injured but I didn't see that if he was. 

Both players you've mentioned have no right to wear a Rangers jersey, but that goes for a good few others too.

He took a knock but the sub was getting prepared before that. Looked like he could have continued.

2 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Clark shouldn't have been on.

2-1 up with ten to go, the basics is bring on a midfielder.

MW is still learning.

Clark was only on because Waghorn, unfit and far from sharp, couldn't last 90 minutes.

We had no other option; we named five substitutes, but we were entitled to seven. I assume that was a subliminal message from Warburton to the board.

5 minutes ago, lidorfc said:

Clark is literally a man down when you bring him on, he offers nothing but an extremely limited skill set. Will be glad to get rid of him, especially after that shite the day. 

He's brilliant at getting caught offside and losing the ball.

18 minutes ago, the goal machine said:

I wouldn't wait till Monday, Shiels is so bad he can't even get into the NI squad and Clark found his level at QotS.  Law an go with them.

Just now, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Clark was only on because Waghorn, unfit and far from sharp, couldn't last 90 minutes.

We had no other option; we named five substitutes, but we were entitled to seven. I assume that was a subliminal message from Warburton to the board.

Waghorn pulled up right in front of me with cramp on his calf. 2-1 up, you bring on a midfielder and not a straight swap. We had Law to pack the midfield, hold possesion and see it out. It really is that simple. As said MW is still learning which was evident throughout the season with his tactical changes.

Seems to me these players have played their last games for Rangers.   I suppose there will be a few others heading out too.  Law for one since he has not gained any traction with MW in terms of earning game time.  This season they were not really seen by MW as good enough for starting places in a Championship team so quite why they would be good enough for the Premiership side - even as subs - would be a bit of a mystery to me.  

7 minutes ago, the goal machine said:

He's brilliant at getting caught offside and losing the ball.

I have never seen a player who gets caught offside more than Clark. His first touch is also the worst i've ever seen.

He's a league one/two player at best.

19 minutes ago, the goal machine said:

FFS, picking on two players who hardly ever start a game?!

The team were pish before they came on. Shiels is well done and as for Clark, we did sign him and he doesn't pick himsel so I just can't see why these two are being scapegoated and if you want to compare abilities, Wilson and Kiernan wouldn't get a game with an amateur team FFS, a bomb scare the both of them and that taig no mark who has done fuck all this season absolutely shredded Kiernan. Think you should be looking at the regular starters who apart from Miller were a disgrace and I don't count Zal, as he isn't a regular starter either.

Clark can be summed up in one simple example from today. 92nd minute...ball at his feet, no player around him. Yet he somehow manages to stumble over the ball and it goes out for a throw.... from which they won a corner from which they won the game.

Cunty cockspangle.