Enough is enough

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well said D'art.

I've just got a very bad feeling that what happened yesterday will not be the last, if we win away against the sheep next season I can see this happening again with our staff and players being assaulted.

29 minutes ago, D'Artagnan said:

Listen to Cosgrove attempts to sweep this under the carpet here :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07c68nv#play

I can't bring myself to listen to that cunt or his double standards.

Suffice to say that Michael Stewart was in full deflection mode on the BBC commentary the instant the Hivs swarmed onto the pitch - demanding the football was discussed and NOT their thuggery.

Just now, MosesMcNeil said:

Suffice to say that Michael Stewart was in full deflection mode on the BBC commentary the instant the Hivs swarmed onto the pitch - demanding the football was discussed and NOT their thuggery.

Its well worth a listen to MM - as a valuable lesson in how the haters of our club operate

5 minutes ago, soulboy said:

Well said D'art.

I've just got a very bad feeling that what happened yesterday will not be the last, if we win away against the sheep next season I can see this happening again with our staff and players being assaulted.

Exactly. If nothing is done about his,thats a new precidence set that its ok to assualt Rangers players,staff and fans because, well, we're rangers and obviously that makes it ok. Somebody made tbe point on another thread that if you say something about a club enough times it sticks. Thats whats happened to us

7 hours ago, D'Artagnan said:

I suppose having written about the dehumanisation of our support for the last 20 years yesterday’s events at Hampden should have come as no surprise to me. But they did, and then some.  As our bus made its way back home from Hampden we listened to Stuart Cosgrove on the radio. It was something of a masterclass in defending the indefensible. I would urge every Rangers fan to listen to it on the BBC website – it will give you valuable insight into exactly what we are up against as a club and support.

Despite co-presenter Tam Cowan’s obvious disgust at what had just been witnessed at Hampden Cosgrove attempted to minimise every aspect of what had transpired, repeatedly telling both fellow presenters and listeners not to become “morally over reactive”. When Chic Young gave a live update confirming the disgraceful scenes Cosgrove went into whataboutery mode asking Young if he had invaded Wembley in 1977. It was pointed out to Cosgrove that those doing so back in 77 didn’t assault players or engage in violence. But to no avail.

We have now had “over exuberance” “celebrations” and this preposterous nonsense from Gerry Hassan:

“Seriously: can you tell if these are assaults? Or aggressive, stupid, OTT behaviour? Not good either way but diff.”

The aforementioned from Hassan was in response to ITN Reporter Peter Adam Smith on Twitter providing both eye witness testimony and mobile phone footage of the assaults on Rangers players.

Such scenes and testimony of course do not fit with a poisonous narrative which has been festering for far too many years now in Scotland – neither Rangers nor their supporters are allowed to be victims. While the world was rightly engaged in an outpouring of sympathy for the Hillsborough victims following the verdict of unlawful killing, Rangers staff were cleaning off graffiti from the stadium surrounds as the deaths of our 66 absent friends was mocked.

The invasion at the end of the match by Hibs fans caught no one by surprise - except for Police Scotland – its utterly farcical that this organisation claims to pride itself on “intelligence led Policing” Let’s be honest, having won the cup for the first time in 114 years who would deny the long suffering Hibs fans an element of over exuberance and a little dance on the hallowed turf? But over exuberance is not running the length of the pitch to the opposition fans end and challenging them to fight, as I witnessed. Nor is it assaulting players and staff from the opposition team.

Photographs, videos, neutral credible eye witness accounts and yet still it appears to take a standard of evidence over and above beyond reasonable doubt to convince some of what transpired yesterday. Can you imagine what the narrative would be today had such a record of events not been so readily available?

It would be a serious oversight to look at yesterday’s events in isolation as they were only a manifestation of the much wider problem of bigotry and hatred towards our club. How many of those committing criminal acts against Rangers players and staff were spurred on by a hatred of the “Klan”, “the underclass” or the “Huns” – terms used by journalists or presenters apparently with impunity. It was not only those on the pitch yesterday who should hang their heads in shame.

Having been the whipping boys for so long in Scottish football it seems we have now progressed to becoming the punchbag. What will be the next stage? Perhaps the columnists who continually urge Rangers fans to forgive, forget and move on would do well to address their remarks to others.

The powerful statement yesterday by the club shows that the narrative has to change.  

Quite simply – Enough is enough

Brilliant commentary Sir.

Great piece of writing again D'Art   :spraise:

It feels as though the bigotry and hatred aimed upon our club and fans can indeed be defended and ignored, even when there is shocking pictorial and video evidence  to support what has happened.

That's 2 years in a row we have been the victims of pitch invasions and the goading of our support, this must be addressed or blood will be spilled

Well put. 

I think we have been severely victimised over the past 4 or 5 years by the SFA/SPL/SPFL, Police Scotland, opposition fans and many more. It's about time we stood up for ourselves instead of this dignified silence pish. I was proud of everyone who ran onto the pitch yesterday and possibly slightly disappointed there weren't more on.

6 minutes ago, AldoKrfc said:

Well put. 

I think we have been severely victimised over the past 4 or 5 years by the SFA/SPL/SPFL, Police Scotland, opposition fans and many more. It's about time we stood up for ourselves instead of this dignified silence pish. I was proud of everyone who ran onto the pitch yesterday and possibly slightly disappointed there weren't more on.

If things were fair and evenly balanced then id agree with you. I couldnt let our own get attacked. Look at the way the media are reporting it now though,imagine if our fans had just gone for it. The book would already have been thrown at us and they'd be trying to strip us of the championship. We gave them fuck all to blame us on

2 hours ago, MosesMcNeil said:

He wants to be an SNP councillor. Says it all.

As always D'Art well said.

We know how this will be portrayed by some.

The big, bad Rangers and their fans bitter at losing the final whine about the hibs fans exuberant celebrations.

What happened yesterday was farcical, dangerous and categorically unacceptable in any form of society let alone on the sporting field.

Quite simply enough is enough and the poisonous attitude towards our club in Scottish football has to be acknowledged and addressed forcefully and immediately. That requires strong sanctions against hibernian football club including, but not limited to, closed doors games and withdrawal from SFA competitions. Inquires into the response from Police Scotland and their future conduct. A collective admonishment from all levels from government to the rest of the Scottish football community about the heinous actions from hibs fans yesterday.

They should have been celebrating ending a century without the Scottish cup instead they should be utterly ashamed at embarrassing the whole of Scottish football.

3 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

only thing is, i just dont see us being strong enough in the boardroom to take this further, we might hear soundbites from rangers in the future but it will be empty words

we need actual fan lead action here, ive stayed out of the new club1872 stuff etc, but if we have a combined fan group kicking about them im afraid to say this will be their fight and i hope they will stand up

if anybody ever wanted to unite the rangers fanbase in one go this is the time, kings side, ashleys camp, whatever, each and every one of us will be utterly disgusted and raging at yesterday, and we would unite and fight like the fanbase hasnt done for decades

Well said jim.

2 hours ago, thehost said:

This is why we need folk like you on the 1872 board dar't. We need folk who will defend the club not arseholes like Richard Wilson johnny McFarlane and all their mates

(tu) 

Great piece D' Art as usual, my friend and I were travelling home from the game and listened to Cosgrove, he is a complete and utter cunt of a man, his hatred towards us is so fucking obvious, fair do's to Cowan who tried to get him to be reasonable about players being attacked etc, but that fucker played the whole thing down, no wonder Scotland and Scottish football is fucked when you have evil cunts like him given the freedom to spout his lies!

1 hour ago, AlBear85 said:

What happened yesterday was farcical, dangerous and categorically unacceptable in any form of society let alone on the sporting field.

Quite simply enough is enough and the poisonous attitude towards our club in Scottish football has to be acknowledged and addressed forcefully and immediately. That requires strong sanctions against hibernian football club including, but not limited to, closed doors games and withdrawal from SFA competitions. Inquires into the response from Police Scotland and their future conduct. A collective admonishment from all levels from government to the rest of the Scottish football community about the heinous actions from hibs fans yesterday.

They should have been celebrating ending a century without the Scottish cup instead they should be utterly ashamed at embarrassing the whole of Scottish football.

(tu) IMO the players and staff who were victims of assaults yesterday should be taking the lead in this now by announcing that they are exploring the possibility of legal action against the sfa/g4s/ hampden ltd/police scotland for failing to ensure their safety . We should be on the front foot on this and not leave it to those who have been shown previously to be incapable of dealing with this . The club itself may have to reign in the true thoughts of all but as has been shown in the fight against ashley , they can still get the message across . 

Great piece D'Art. I actually believe (and really hope) that the club are preparing a statement for release on Monday once all the celebrating in Junkieville has died down. No point in releasing anything major yesterday or today as it will get lost in all the articles about the game, hibs fans behaviour etc.

Hopefully a really hard hitting statement with proof of assaults on players will be given to all media outlets such as newspapers and tv/ radio stations so they will have to run with it or be left behind. The main point of attack must be the assaults on the players as within the modern game that is the one big no-no. Pitch invasions, fans fighting etc has all been done before and whataboutery will be the scums answer, but not assaults on players. This can be laid at the door of Hibs, the Police and the SFA for failure to control their fans. Players Union reps  (is it still Fraser Wishart) should be screaming for protection for their members and failure of the police and SFA.

Come on Mr King, a hard hitting statement with photographic proof of assaults on our players will give Regan, Petrie etc no place to hide. Not often we get the chance to take the moral high ground with no argument or dispute so let's make full use of it and strike at the heart of these organisations with a blow they will not be able to wriggle away from. Over to you Dave, don't let us down.

Email I sent to SFA today regarding yesterday's shocking scenes.

To Whom it May Concern,

Myself and my wife attended the Scottish Cup Final hoping to have a nice day out at the national stadium ,supporting our team and enjoying a football spectacle.

Instead the day was ruined by the violent actions of a significant number of supporters of Hibernian FC. Their actions in assaulting several Rangers players and staff is totally unacceptable and is a dark mark on Scottish football. It is critical for the success of Scottish football that our club sides are able to lure a high quality of player to play in our leagues. Why would any players with a choice of what league to play in choose Scotland when the SFA and Police Scotland clearly cannot guarantee their safety.

Myself and my family are season ticketholders in the family section at Ibrox and I am glad that my young children were not with us yesterday to witness such deplorable scenes of violence and anarchy perpetrated by the supporters of Hibernian FC.  I witnessed several young children leaving the stadium in tears being consoled by adults. These innocent children are now probably too emotionally impacted by what they witnessed to attend a football match in Scotland again. Well done SFA and Police Scotland!!!

I am completely confident that with HIbs chairman Rod Petrie and Celtic CEO Peter Lawwell running the SFA that Hibernian will face an appropriate level of sanction. No conflict of interest there then?

Just another sign that in Scottish society it is acceptable to attack anything to do with Rangers Football Club whether its our players or fans. Twice within a year our support have experienced thousands of opposition fans flooding onto the field and running towards our end of the ground in a  goading and violent fashion. The last offenders Motherwell FC received little or no punishment after a verdict was reached ten months after the event.

Having to come home and explain to my young children why nothing will be done by the SFA and why Police Scotland only seem interested in what Rangers fans sing rather than our fans and players getting physically assaulted was a very difficult conversation. Once again thanks SFA and  Police Scotland.

The slow and ineffective response by Police Scotland was predictable as they were too busy monitoring our support who have no real recent history of violent or anti social conduct. I am sure it was a great surprise to them when the fans of Hibernian who have a notorious casual element in their support invaded the pitch and perpetrated mayhem.

If you the SFA fail to act in a swift and decisive fashion and impose sanctions on Hibernian FC which fit the crimes their support have committed, you are sending a message that it is acceptable for players and fans of Rangers FC to be attacked. Then again in Nicola’s Scotland any group which are not perceived as Nationalists are open targets.

The global football community is watching, do the right thing.

Yours Sincerely,