Rebuilding Relationships With Scottish Football

"The club must also take this opportunity to rebuild relationships with the football community in Scotland. This will be to the benefit of the club and Scottish football as a whole."

http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/football/football-news/paul-murray-rangers-chairman-until-5274035#xlqcm2KWzvWWo0yQ.97

With this?

JS90675896.jpg

JS90677863.jpg

JS90678031.jpg

JS90679863.jpg

13233102_698342903637356_908204006233559

13244852_1079835952089364_17082721970733

THE bitter taste of cup final defeat after an abject performance has barely lingered, for after today’s game there are clearly much bigger fish to fry.

For the second time in 12 months Rangers fans have had to face down a horde of opposing fans invading the pitch and charging towards them in an aggressive and provocative manner.

The disgraceful behaviour of Motherwell fans was shrugged off by the SPFL and a mere slap on the wrists was delivered in a farce of a punishment that took over 6 months to deliver.

The message was loud and clear: pitch invasions, provocation and fan unrest are mere minor issues.

Nothing to see here. If there’s a place to start apportioning blame for bloody knuckles and sore chins it’s a good start.

Of course, it’s hardly surprising that Rangers fans have now twice been on the receiving end of such provocation.

The sporting jealousy that always marked our smaller, less successful rivals has been replaced by an intellectually empty, sneering, faux moral superiority.

The relentless message, drilled by the veritable insane asylum of anonymous twitter obsessives and crusading ‘journalist’ bloggers has been to dehumanise the Rangers support, to label them as a collective of knuckle dragging half-wits with collective political, cultural and religious persuasion.

Some go as far to use the word ‘klan’.

You really could not make it up but sadly this relentless campaign has worked.

What other team would announce that players and staff had been assaulted by fans to a moon howl of derision demanding evidence of said assaults and whataboutery over alleged offensive singing?

While it’s beyond pathetic, with fans, staff and players now being put in physical danger, it’s beyond the joke.

It’s time to accept the facts, Rangers fans are the same as any other group. They have various opinions, ideologies, allegiances and standards of conduct. Some are idiots but most are good people, going about their lives and supporting the club they love.

The stereotype I hear on social media is so far removed from the reality of attending Ibrox on a matchday as to become some sort of bizarre farce.

All of this is not to deny that some in our support let themselves and the club down today. Not everyone are angels that’s for sure.

The use of flares and smoke bombs are a dangerous development that will hold a special sense of dread for anyone old enough to remember the pictures from the Bradford fire.

Others will talk about singing and the individuals that went onto the pitch but really, these infringements are minor in scale and danger compared to the Hibs invasion.

The SFA MUST act swiftly and with weight of purpose to ensure that Scottish Football is seen as safe.

Those who were involved in assaults should be held to account and the SFA must ensure that this matter is investigated fully. It is the only way to get the message across.

It simply cannot be seen to be the case that the powers that be in Scotland adopt an attitude of indifference towards the aggression of opposing fans toward Rangers supporters.

It’s becoming a pattern, and it’s one that must be stamped out.

http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/football/football-news/rangers-record-fc-shameful-hampden-8022425#rlabs=4%20rt$sitewide%20p$1#2ihQYYE06Y50ZXHA.97

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Any bridge building should be well and truly stopped. These people hate us, when one Hearts fan attacked the golden boy Neil Lennon the whole of Scottish Football and Scottish Politics were outraged and rightly so but 6 Rangers people were assaulted far worse than Lennon was, and the whole thing is being brushed under the carpet with the media and the bitter Scottish fans trying to put an equal amount of blame onto the Rangers fans.

They hate us because we have always been on top of Scottish football and they will take every opportunity to kick us when we are down. Rangers should not let this go kick up a massive fuss untill these cunts suffer and get to fuck with any bridge building I would ban any Hibs fans from entering Ibrox for 10 years and I would also refuse to take tickets for their ground for 10 years as well.

Rangers should also create an article of the official website highlighting the comments from various political figures Nicola Sturgeon, Head of Glasgow City Council etc... and highlighting their hypocrisy and demanding 'clarification' and an apology from them.

Ultimatley though we will have our revenge when we get back to where we belong on top of Scottish football looking down upon these teuchter & tarrier bastards it's the natural order of things.

Bridges still need built.

It's that or we accept yesterday is now the norm and just prepare ourselves for, literal, battle every weekend. Lock ourselves in Ibrox and accept our enemies controlling Scottish football and its policies.

If we had representation in the highest echelons of Scottish football I'd feel more confident of severe sanctions for the guilty against us.

I thought it was a good piece in favour of Rangers by highlighting that this is not an isolated example of other fans attitude against us. The fact he was slagging off the SPFL for a slap on the wrist punishments for Motherwell last year and demanding that the SFA take a more proactive part in dishing out harder punishments was good.

I admit the part at the beginning where it's implied that the 'party' mood was destroyed by Rangers fans coming onto the pitch is plainly inaccurate. But was that not a sub-headline, which is never written by the author of the piece.

I can't be sure.

Scottish football has to build bridges with us, not the other way round. If singing a few songs has us treated worse than fans that invaded a pitch and attacked opposing PLAYERS and FANS then Scottish football can do one. 

Email I sent to SFA today regarding yesterday's shocking scenes.

To Whom it May Concern,

Myself and my wife attended the Scottish Cup Final hoping to have a nice day out at the national stadium ,supporting our team and enjoying a football spectacle.

Instead the day was ruined by the violent actions of a significant number of supporters of Hibernian FC. Their actions in assaulting several Rangers players and staff is totally unacceptable and is a dark mark on Scottish football. It is critical for the success of Scottish football that our club sides are able to lure a high quality of player to play in our leagues. Why would any players with a choice of what league to play in choose Scotland when the SFA and Police Scotland clearly cannot guarantee their safety.

Myself and my family are season ticketholders in the family section at Ibrox and I am glad that my young children were not with us yesterday to witness such deplorable scenes of violence and anarchy perpetrated by the supporters of Hibernian FC.  I witnessed several young children leaving the stadium in tears being consoled by adults. These innocent children are now probably too emotionally impacted by what they witnessed to attend a football match in Scotland again. Well done SFA and Police Scotland!!!

I am completely confident that with HIbs chairman Rod Petrie and Celtic CEO Peter Lawwell running the SFA that Hibernian will face an appropriate level of sanction. No conflict of interest there then?

Just another sign that in Scottish society it is acceptable to attack anything to do with Rangers Football Club whether its our players or fans. Twice within a year our support have experienced thousands of opposition fans flooding onto the field and running towards our end of the ground in a  goading and violent fashion. The last offenders Motherwell FC received little or no punishment after a verdict was reached ten months after the event.

Having to come home and explain to my young children why nothing will be done by the SFA and why Police Scotland only seem interested in what Rangers fans sing rather than our fans and players getting physically assaulted was a very difficult conversation. Once again thanks SFA and  Police Scotland.

The slow and ineffective response by Police Scotland was predictable as they were too busy monitoring our support who have no real recent history of violent or anti social conduct. I am sure it was a great surprise to them when the fans of Hibernian who have a notorious casual element in their support invaded the pitch and perpetrated mayhem.

If you the SFA fail to act in a swift and decisive fashion and impose sanctions on Hibernian FC which fit the crimes their support have committed, you are sending a message that it is acceptable for players and fans of Rangers FC to be attacked. Then again in Nicola’s Scotland any group which are not perceived as Nationalists are open targets.

The global football community is watching, do the right thing.

Yours Sincerely,

3 hours ago, Fifebear1690 said:

Email I sent to SFA today regarding yesterday's shocking scenes.

To Whom it May Concern,

Myself and my wife attended the Scottish Cup Final hoping to have a nice day out at the national stadium ,supporting our team and enjoying a football spectacle.

Instead the day was ruined by the violent actions of a significant number of supporters of Hibernian FC. Their actions in assaulting several Rangers players and staff is totally unacceptable and is a dark mark on Scottish football. It is critical for the success of Scottish football that our club sides are able to lure a high quality of player to play in our leagues. Why would any players with a choice of what league to play in choose Scotland when the SFA and Police Scotland clearly cannot guarantee their safety.

Myself and my family are season ticketholders in the family section at Ibrox and I am glad that my young children were not with us yesterday to witness such deplorable scenes of violence and anarchy perpetrated by the supporters of Hibernian FC.  I witnessed several young children leaving the stadium in tears being consoled by adults. These innocent children are now probably too emotionally impacted by what they witnessed to attend a football match in Scotland again. Well done SFA and Police Scotland!!!

I am completely confident that with HIbs chairman Rod Petrie and Celtic CEO Peter Lawwell running the SFA that Hibernian will face an appropriate level of sanction. No conflict of interest there then?

Just another sign that in Scottish society it is acceptable to attack anything to do with Rangers Football Club whether its our players or fans. Twice within a year our support have experienced thousands of opposition fans flooding onto the field and running towards our end of the ground in a  goading and violent fashion. The last offenders Motherwell FC received little or no punishment after a verdict was reached ten months after the event.

Having to come home and explain to my young children why nothing will be done by the SFA and why Police Scotland only seem interested in what Rangers fans sing rather than our fans and players getting physically assaulted was a very difficult conversation. Once again thanks SFA and  Police Scotland.

The slow and ineffective response by Police Scotland was predictable as they were too busy monitoring our support who have no real recent history of violent or anti social conduct. I am sure it was a great surprise to them when the fans of Hibernian who have a notorious casual element in their support invaded the pitch and perpetrated mayhem.

If you the SFA fail to act in a swift and decisive fashion and impose sanctions on Hibernian FC which fit the crimes their support have committed, you are sending a message that it is acceptable for players and fans of Rangers FC to be attacked. Then again in Nicola’s Scotland any group which are not perceived as Nationalists are open targets.

The global football community is watching, do the right thing.

Yours Sincerely,

Dry yer eyes.

Its a bridge too far. Scottish Football will eventually cease to exist and the SFA will only have themselves to blame. They are, always have been and always will be corrupt to the core. UEFA need to investigate them and show them up for what they are. 

Sad to say it, but we play it by their rules and get victimised and demonised for the privilege and we fucking accept it as the norm. Sometimes I wonder why we even bother complaining because there are now so many appeasers in the support that we never challenge our real haters, but somehow find the energy to attack our own on TBB. This is the perfect opportunity to take the fight to our haters but I won't hold my breath.