Attitude and effort

markem

Surprised to conclude that for me laziness/effort played a big part in our down fall yesterday.  The way we play, on the ground and shift it quick relies on players creating space to take the pass, we simply did not work hard enough to create the space.  Time after time the defence (who deserve the stick they are getting) appeared to be fucking about at the back however for me frequently there was not a pass to hit, that creates hesitation and invited Hibs right on top of us.  Make no mistake they could have had 3 or 4 in the 1st half.  Frustratingly it was the same at Easter Road a few weeks ago,  we seemed to have learned nothing from that. Equally it's shocking that we have failed to improve on defending set pieces, Davie and Mark have took plenty plaudits this year and rightly so however our constant vulnerability in that part of our game is unacceptable. 

I would also say a bit of complacency evident from many to which is unforgivable.

Hugely disappointing day, we have the better players and team, match their effort and desire we win that game, we failed to do that.  

Just now, markem said:

Surprised to conclude that for me laziness/effort played a big part in our down fall yesterday.  The way we play, on the ground and shift it quick relies on players creating space to take the pass, we simply did not work hard enough to create the space.  Time after time the defence (who deserve the stick they are getting) appeared to be fucking about at the back however for me frequently there was not a pass to hit, that creates hesitation and invited Hibs right on top of us.  Make no mistake they could have had 3 or 4 in the 1st half.  Frustratingly it was the same at Easter Road a few weeks ago,  we seemed to have learned nothing from that. Equally it's shocking that we have failed to improve on defending set pieces, Davie and Mark have took plenty plaudits this year and rightly so however our constant vulnerability in that part of our game is unacceptable. 

I would also say a bit of complacency evident from many to which is unforgivable.

Hugely disappointing day, we have the better players and team, match their effort and desire we win that game, we failed to do that.  

Great post mate and one I agree with but sadly the shame on the pitch has been taken over by the shame of Scotlands media and corrupt authorities 

2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Great post mate and one I agree with but sadly the shame on the pitch has been taken over by the shame of Scotlands media and corrupt authorities 

A fucking grim day all round mate.

We really needed the energy and drive of forrester yesterday. 

I find myself getting annoyed when I see Clark warming up. He offers nothing and his touch is appalling for a professional footballer. IMO a weak bench cost us the game. 

Hibs were working hard and pressing high up the pitch.  They deserve credit for that.  They just wanted it more.  I thought they began to tire around the 60 minute mark but we just can't defend a corner and it cost us the two goals.

7 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Hibs were working hard and pressing high up the pitch.  They deserve credit for that.  They just wanted it more.  I thought they began to tire around the 60 minute mark but we just can't defend a corner and it cost us the two goals.

It looked to me like nothing could have been done about the equaliser. Could be wrong though.

2 minutes ago, Bris Koyd said:

It looked to me like nothing could have been done about the equaliser. Could be wrong though.

The goal for 2-2?  Looks like Tav was asked to mark Stokes and just couldn't do it.  I don't blame Tav for that we just lack height and physicality on the whole.

7 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

The goal for 2-2?  Looks like Tav was asked to mark Stokes and just couldn't do it.  I don't blame Tav for that we just lack height and physicality on the whole.

Fair enough he tried to attack the ball and didn't get close enough to his man.

1 minute ago, Bris Koyd said:

Fair enough he tried to attack the ball and didn't get close enough to his man.

Stokes is just a bigger boy, mate.  Taller and looks to be at least a stone heavier. 

Just now, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Stokes is just a bigger boy, mate.  Taller and looks to be at least a stone heavier. 

Our only decent aerial defender is Kiernan and he is pish at everything else as the first goal showed

Just poor all round yesterday apart from miller,  no hunger or desire to win a cup final incredibly sad,  just hope we learn something about it but I can't see any at this moment 

This picture kinda sums it up for me. Miller has just equalised with a cracking header, after a site start we were back in the tie and look at Hallidays and wilsons expression and body language....

image.jpeg

Compare this to the semi final....

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

we had had our final on April 17th, the players never regained their desire after this match.

2 hours ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Good op, the events have taken over the discussion of our football merits, I'm gutted, I thought the team with a few exceptions let themselves down badly.

I presume there's been no comment from the boss as yet

Ignore that previous post ^ Ritchie - p.c went a bit mental!

Be interesting to hear from Warburton - his perspective of the game and events after.

3 hours ago, markem said:

Good post, and the fact Warburton likes to say "we learn from it" after every bad result yet it's evident we have learnt fuck all when it comes to defending, is all to clear to see. Still absolutely raging about yesterday's result as if we were beaten by a much better side you can except that, but to not be able to match hibs for desire and effort is unacceptable 

Not sure I agree with laziness I honestly think the subs fucked it for us. Sheils was brutal slipping and losing the ball and Clark is a waste of a jersey and played out wide is a bigger waste the 2 of them done abso zero when they came on. Tav and Keirnan were just woeful. Dress the defeat up any way u like but hibs wanted it more than us. A lot of these players that come up underestimated the league, I'm not saying it's brilliant far from it but it's not as poor as these players think and u certainly don't just go to finals thinking its won b4 a ball is kicked. The balls that need kicked are the ones of our players. I think the players have played for teams that supporters are happy with a draw or the odd goal defeat and think we are the same but they will now realise we don't take second best. We need a lot of players and quality ones at that. 

3 hours ago, markem said:

Not for the first time I may add.

I also think you are mistaken in that we have the better players. Bar four of our own, there isn't much individually separating us and bar four of our own, the rest aren't good enough for the top tier, far less mount a challenge to the scum. There are some in our squad who really think they are better than they are. With several exceptions, we are a team of average players with several exceptions playing to a decent system, but no matter the system, these average players will be sussed and found wanting in the top tier.

Just now, Fabric said:

Not sure I agree with laziness I honestly think the subs fucked it for us. Sheils was brutal slipping and losing the ball and Clark is a waste of a jersey and played out wide is a bigger waste the 2 of them done abso zero when they came on. Tav and Keirnan were just woeful. Dress the defeat up any way u like but hibs wanted it more than us. A lot of these players that come up underestimated the league, I'm not saying it's brilliant far from it but it's not as poor as these players think and u certainly don't just go to finals thinking its won b4 a ball is kicked. The balls that need kicked are the ones of our players. I think the players have played for teams that supporters are happy with a draw or the odd goal defeat and think we are the same but they will now realise we don't take second best. We need a lot of players and quality ones at that. 

Seen the subs raised a few times.  Don't get me wrong this they were woeful but it was nothing to with them when Hibs were running all over the top of us in the 1st half.

Just didn't look like they were working hard enough for me mate which amounts to laziness, it can't be fatigue - perhaps I am wrong with that, the K's ran stats will answer the question.  

Sadly a few of them picked the worst of days to have a howler.

2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Not for the first time I may add.

I also think you are mistaken in that we have the better players. Bar four of our own, there isn't much individually separating us and bar four of our own, the rest aren't good enough for the top tier, far less mount a challenge to the scum. There are some in our squad who really think they are better than they are. With several exceptions, we are a team of average players with several exceptions playing to a decent system, but no matter the system, these average players will be sussed and found wanting in the top tier.

They were found out in this league never mind next season. After the first 10 games everycunt knew how to set up against us and rarely did we roll teams over. We might have won the majority of games as we were for the most part up against shite, but the reality of it is we were easily found out, we need better players in most areas and we need a fucking plan b 

7 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

They were found out in this league never mind next season. After the first 10 games everycunt knew how to set up against us and rarely did we roll teams over. We might have won the majority of games as we were for the most part up against shite, but the reality of it is we were easily found out, we need better players in most areas and we need a fucking plan b 

THIS(tu)

Spot on OP. 

Said it before our style of play requires high tempo passing a great player movement off the ball we had none of that yesterday we looked tired and predictable on the ball. Couple that with a defence that keep making the same mistakes time after time.