11 arrested

one55

http://stv.tv/news/west-central/1354934-arrests-following-scottish-cup-final-as-police-review-cctv/

Eleven fans have been arrested following Saturday's Scottish Cup Final as police continue their investigation into scenes that marred the fixture.

Thousands of Hibs fans flooded on to the pitch at Hampden to celebrate following their team's 3-2 win over Championship rivals Rangers.

A smaller number of fans of the Ibrox also ran on to the pitch with some fans from both sides involved in violent clashes.

Mounted police officers were called in to restore order after what the SFA described as "contemptible behaviour" from some supporters following the final whistle.

Rangers said players and staff were assaulted by Hibs supporters and the Glasgow side did not return to the pitch to be presented with their runners-up medals.

Parts of the national stadium's turf was ripped up and goal posts were broken by people climbing on them.

Police officers are now scouring CCTV in an effort to find those responsible for any offences.

Chief Superintendent Kenny MacDonald said: "An investigation team has now been established at Helen Street Police Office.

"So far there have been 11 arrests for minor offences.

"Officers are in the process of collecting CCTV footage and collating the information that has been gathered at this stage as they try to identify those responsible for the disorder and violence on the pitch.

"As our investigation progresses I have no doubt that additional arrests will be made and would appeal to anyone with information that may assist police enquiries to come forward."

Hibs chairman and SFA president Rod Petrie said he was sorry that the "over-exuberance" of fans after the 114-year trophy wait had taken them onto the pitch.

Scotland's justice secretary Michael Matheson said: "Violence has no place in football, either on or off the pitch, and the dreadful scenes at Hampden have undoubtedly taken the shine off Hibs' first Scottish Cup win in more than a century."

Police have asked anyone with images or video footage of incidents on the pitch involving violence or disorder to contact them on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

1 minute ago, Vercingetorix said:

Trying to make themselves look good I saw a guy in hand cuffs before the game is he one of the eleven ? 

Naw that was yer boyfriend handcuffed to your bed.

1,000 police in attendance, around 10,000 fans invade the the pitch doing all sorts of criminal damage and assaults  and only 11 arrested. I think we get it! The fix is in and we are being stitched up. This country is a fucking joke and it's well clear where we stand.

Petrie said sorry for the over exuberance of fans?????  Who are these cunts kidding? They are going through cctv to FIND those responsible lol as if they don't know. What a sad country we live in but in the end we will always be winners. Guaranteed. Remember no surrender 

20 minutes ago, Vercingetorix said:

Trying to make themselves look good I saw a guy in hand cuffs before the game is he one of the eleven ? 

Was that the guy (late 50s) outside the north stand just before ko? The guy wasn't pished by and means and was just standing there looking shocked.

I looked at it and honestly thought that the cunts were just getting the Rangers crime stats up.

15 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

1,000 police in attendance, around 10,000 fans invade the the pitch doing all sorts of criminal dathatsage and assaults  and only 11 arrested. I think we get it! The fix is in and we are being stitched up. This country is a fucking joke and it's well clear where we stand.

Police are told from their bosses that they are not allowed to break up fights but tonstand back and make arrests later, the reason IS that they could get Injured and get hurt meaning off work , that twat House and the SNP have cut resourses that much IT would mean no cover during the time off as they are down to the bones.

7 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Was that the guy (late 50s) outside the north stand just before ko? The guy wasn't pished by and means and was just standing there looking shocked.

I looked at it and honestly thought that the cunts were just getting the Rangers crime stats up.

Aye mate that was him I was in the North stand and was heading into the ground and saw the poor guy being lifted.

1 hour ago, Bad Robot said:

Like manchester I wonder if we're going to get lots of stills and photographs in the mhedia over the next few months to try and identify the culprits.

Give it a week and nothing more said alright guv.....

Probably the Arrests are all  Rangers supporters shouting at the lazy cunts to get off their arse and get to the stadium rather than sitting about in their vans looking for bad singing or folk dropping litter.